A correction... (about Happy the Basset)

Old November 4th 10, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default A correction... (about Happy the Basset)

I went through Hap's vet records yesterday and was shocked to find that he
was NOT 15.5, but 13.5 years old. I thought we got him 'in 95 when we moved
here. Not that this matters, but I didn't want anyone to do "the math" and
wonder what I was talking about.

Day three without Happy. I noticed in the mirror yesterday that the hair
around my face has A LOT of gray. Good ole stress. So today I will color
my hair, cry some, write in my journal, cry some more, etc., etc.

Fabio, my Chihuahua, keeps pawing my leg when I sit down here first thing in
the morning. I let him out and he DARTS out to the back, nut doesn't go out
into the grass. He just stands on the screened in porch and looks out into
the backyard. I *know* he's looking for Happy. If only we could tell our
cats and dogs what's going on.

Tears here...

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old November 4th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It is very hard when we know a furry friend in grieving and we can't explain
to them. Doesn't matter if it is for a human or another 4 footer.

Old November 4th 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

Fabio, my Chihuahua, keeps pawing my leg when I sit down here first thing in
the morning. I let him out and he DARTS out to the back, nut doesn't go out
into the grass. He just stands on the screened in porch and looks out into
the backyard. I *know* he's looking for Happy. If only we could tell our
cats and dogs what's going on.

Tears here...

Oh, that's really sad. It would break my heart. I know some people
make a point of letting the other animals see the dead body so they
know what's going on, but of course, that's not always possible. I
guess the one consolation you have for that situation is that most
dogs (and cats) have short memories, and he won't be feeling or
acting like this for very long.

Purrs!

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.