Watermelon??

Old April 23rd 11, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Watermelon??

I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. Pooh, my senior
old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped up next to
me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a piece and she gobbled it right
up!! She had to have smelled it enough to come into the den to get some.
Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old April 23rd 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. Pooh, my
senior old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped
up next to me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a piece and she
gobbled it right up!! She had to have smelled it enough to come into
the den to get some. Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

I remember some of my childhood cats liked cantaloupe, but never
watermelon.MLB
Old April 23rd 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 23/04/2011 18:06, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. Pooh, my senior
old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped up
next to me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a piece and she gobbled
it right up!! She had to have smelled it enough to come into the den to
get some. Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

Yesterday, Caliban eagerly licked and gnawed the rinds of some
cantaloupe that I'd just eaten.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old April 23rd 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Marina wrote in news:91ggk2Fh32U1
@mid.individual.net:

On 23/04/2011 18:06, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. Pooh, my senior
old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped up
next to me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a piece and she gobbled
it right up!! She had to have smelled it enough to come into the den to
get some. Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

Yesterday, Caliban eagerly licked and gnawed the rinds of some
cantaloupe that I'd just eaten.

My previous cat Tuffy couldn't get enough cantaloupe, but unfortunately it
gave him the runs. So he had to settle for a few licks only.

Bobble
Old April 23rd 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
I couldn't believe it. Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. Pooh, my senior
old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped up next
to me to beg. For watermelon?? I gave her a piece and she gobbled it
right up!! She had to have smelled it enough to come into the den to get
some. Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

They can really surprise us sometimes, can't they? My cats have never shown
any interest in any food I had. However, Monday I attended a Passover Seder
at a friend's home. Since they know I like it, they gave me some haroset (a
divine mixture of apples, nuts and wine) to bring home. The first time I
put some on my morning mini-bagel, both cats went wild! I don't know
whether it was the apple, the nuts or the wine that attracted them, but I
had to fight them off.

Joy

Old April 23rd 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 23, 5:39*pm, hopitus wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:09*pm, "Joy" wrote:

[...]

Joy- Hide quoted text -

Cats, like us, have their own individual tastes, I have always
thought. When I was
a kid, I had one who loved eating raw tomatoes.

When I was a kid, our cat loved to eat raw egg as a reward.
Back then we didn't know anything about bacteria like salmonella.
Old April 23rd 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 1:09 pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

***

Yes, they do. I was talking with a dog person the other day. To give you
an idea of how much she knows about cats, she was very surprised to know
that they could be picky. ;-)

Joy

Old April 23rd 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On Apr 23, 1:09 pm, "Joy" wrote:

[...]

Sometimes I think we were better off then. I used to love eggnog, and so
did my kids. I made it the way my mother made it - with raw eggs, no
cooking involved.

Joy

Old April 24th 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 23, 11:06*am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:
I couldn't believe it. *Last night I grabbed a little container of
watermelon I bought and was eating it while watching TV. *Pooh, my senior
old lady cat, came into the den (which she never does) and hopped up next to
me to beg. *For watermelon?? *I gave her a piece and she gobbled it right
up!! *She had to have smelled it enough to come into the den to get some.
Maui and Oscar paid no mind to it.

Watermelon??

My RB dog Snowball loved that and honeydew also, so I called her my
melon-collie baby. And she put up with it.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 24th 11, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"Winnie" wrote in message

When I was a kid, our cat loved to eat raw egg as a reward.
Back then we didn't know anything about bacteria like salmonella.

Sometimes I think we were better off then. I used to love eggnog, and so
did my kids. I made it the way my mother made it - with raw eggs, no
cooking involved.

I think we *were* better off. Salmonella in raw eggs (and on raw chicken
skin) wasn't such a big problem when you (Joy) were a child. I don't know
how old you are, Winnie. I grew up in the 1960s, and while I didn't eat
raw eggs (because it seemed gross), I don't remember anyone saying it was
dangerous. Modern factory farming methods have made the problem a lot worse.

Joyce

--
I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln