Cats & Gingerbread

Old December 19th 04, 03:00 AM
Cat Protector

Default Cats & Gingerbread

Does anyone know if gingerbread is safe for cats to eat? I am going to be
making gingerbread cookies and I know my cats will be curious because they
are always interested in what is being made in the kitchen. This will be the
first time I'll be baking gingerbread cookies so I know all 3 cats will
wonder into the kitchen when they are being baked.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old December 19th 04, 03:06 AM
KellyH

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Does anyone know if gingerbread is safe for cats to eat? I am going to be
making gingerbread cookies and I know my cats will be curious because they
are always interested in what is being made in the kitchen. This will be
the first time I'll be baking gingerbread cookies so I know all 3 cats
will wonder into the kitchen when they are being baked.

Are you going to be feeding the cats the cookies? How would they get any of
it? I made chocolate chip cookies tonight and my cats didn't give two
sh*ts. If I'm not opening a can or unwrapping lunchmeat, they don't care.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old December 19th 04, 03:11 AM
Cat Protector

The cats are always curious about stuff being made in the kitchen especially
if I am eating it. I might give them a taste as long it is safe to give to
them. They won't get a lot of it.

Old December 19th 04, 03:39 AM
KellyH

The cats are always curious about stuff being made in the kitchen
especially if I am eating it. I might give them a taste as long it is safe
to give to them. They won't get a lot of it.

Well, I sincerely doubt that the cats will be interested in the cookies.
But, just for the hell of it, I Googled "ginger" and "safe for cats" and
came up with a few sites selling herbal remedies that included ginger. I
think they will be fine.

Old December 19th 04, 04:45 AM
Sherry

I made chocolate chip cookies tonight and my cats didn't give two
sh*ts. If I'm not opening a can or unwrapping lunchmeat, they don't care.

LOL! I made Tollhouse cookies this afternoon and they didn't give two sh*ts
either. I cook all the time, but they have this weird way of being able to tell
if it's something they're interested in or not.
Just let me start cutting up a chicken, and there are cats everywhere.

Sherry
Old December 19th 04, 07:03 AM
Cat Protector

You'd be surprised what the cats would be interested in around here.
Whenever I am in the kitchen, Icarus is right there with me and he also gets
on the counter. Thanks for googling the ginger info.

Old December 19th 04, 07:34 AM
Mathew Kagis

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Does anyone know if gingerbread is safe for cats to eat? I am going to

be
making gingerbread cookies and I know my cats will be curious because

they
are always interested in what is being made in the kitchen. This will be
the first time I'll be baking gingerbread cookies so I know all 3 cats
will wonder into the kitchen when they are being baked.

Are you going to be feeding the cats the cookies? How would they get any

of
it? I made chocolate chip cookies tonight and my cats didn't give two
sh*ts. If I'm not opening a can or unwrapping lunchmeat, they don't care.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
"Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

I think the other posts are right...Ginger should be fine. Chocolate,
however is HIGHLY toxic for cats.

Old December 21st 04, 03:59 AM
J Gillen

Hi,
Chocolate is bad for cats, someone else may be able to tell you the
ingredient in it that's poisonous to cats. But it is bad for them.
Sorry to say.
JudyG.