ĄCleo es un gatito con un mal olor!

Old December 12th 05, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default ĄCleo es un gatito con un mal olor!

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
. ..

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:50:55 -0500, "Bill Stock"
yodeled:

We feed the squirrels peanuts at the patio door. The girls (Cali and
Smokey)
have always liked to sniff noses with the Squirrels through the screen
door
and the Squirrels seemed to enjoy it too. The Squirrels have an affinity
with Smokey, perhaps because she smells like a nut.

Today Cleo was doing the nose sniffing through the screen, when the
Squirrel
took off at top speed making than chattering sound they make when danger
is
near. I don't know if Cleo was licking her lips, making sounds I couldn't
hear or if the Squirrel was put off by her exceptionally strong kitty
breath!

Isn't she "una gatita"?

LOL, I have enough trouble with English. It looks like Google didn't
recognize Cleo as a girl's name.

My boys are utterly fascinated with squirrels, but I doubt they'd want
to settle for nose-sniffs.

Cali did go charging out the door after a Squirrel one time, but
fortunately did not go far.

Boyfriend decided last year that he was brave enough to catch a grey
squirrel. He climbed an elder tree and waited on a branch for ages and
ages, then a squirrel came. He was *so* excited. He raised slightly on his
paws. His rump swayed from side to side ready for the killing pounce. The
squirrel didn't notice him and continued up the tree right to where
Boyfriend was waiting. They met practically face-to-face.
When the squirrel saw him it screeched at the top of its voice and jumped
away among the branches. Boyfie also decided that perhaps it was a bit
larger than he had anticipated and had big teef so he came down the tree..

LOL! This reminds me of Nikki and the squirrel. The story's at
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/nikkisquirrel.html

"Nikki and the Squirrel

Of the two, Nikki is the avid hunter, and has been since she was a
baby. She's brought me heaps of moles and even a bird or two each summer
when we are out at our cottage. Frank didn't learn to hunt until he was
ten years old. Until then, he was of the unwavering opinion that cat
food comes in tins. Any tin. It doesn't matter if it has a picture of a
cat or a bunch of green beans on it, a tin always contained cat food in
Frank's mind.

The other summer, when we were out on our island, Nikki discovered
a squirrel's nest in a tree at the back of our house. Up she went into
the high pine tree. The squirrel must have been a female with a litter
in her nest. Nikki is as agile as any cat, but compared to a squirrel,
any cat is like an elephant. When the squirrel spotted Nikki scrabbling
for her nest, she set up an incredible racket, chattering insults and
screaming blue murder, and when that didn't have any effect, the
squirrel started running in circles around Nikki.

At this point, Nikki noticed that she was pretty far above ground
level by this time. She had been so intent on the nest and the
intriguing sounds that came from it, that she hadn't noticed that it was
so high up. She was seized with vertigo. Panic! All she could do was
hang on to the tree trunk for dear life, while the squirrel kept running
round and round her, chattering all the time. Since Nikki stayed frozen
to the spot for so long, the squirrel finally decided she wasn't
dangerous any longer, and went home to her babies.

When the chattering stopped, Nikki slowly came to her senses and
eased herself, inch by slow inch, down from the tree. After this, she's
left the squirrels and their nest in peace."

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 12th 05, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

John F. Eldredge wrote:

That was probably just as well. I tend to be cautious about anything
that has teeth and jaws tough enough to chew through a walnut shell. I
have to admit, though, that I did once give in to temptation and tug
on a squirrel's tail. I was walking through a park, and heard loud
rustling noises coming from a trash can. There turned out to be a
couple of inches of moving squirrel tail sticking up out of the trash.
The squirrel was making so much noise as he ate someone's
lunch-leftovers that he didn't hear me coming. I gave a gentle tug on
the tail (not enough to hurt, just enough to get the squirrel's
attention), then jumped back from the can. A second or so later, a
very startled-looking squirrel stuck its head up out of the trash,
looked at me, and jumped for the nearest tree. It then gave me a
five-minute-or-so tongue-lashing for having injured its dignity. I
suspect that I heard lots of squirrelish swear-words.

LOL! Squirrels know a lot of bad words!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 12th 05, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:10:42 +0200, Marina
yodeled:

John F. Eldredge wrote:

[...]

And Stinky is entranced by them! They might as well be saying "Come
and get me, big boy!" We have regular squirrels on our back fence,
making all kinds of racket. Poor Stink, I always say, "And what
would you do if you got him?"

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 12th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
We feed the squirrels peanuts at the patio door.

Oh, I think squirrels are delightful critters. I call them "God's
little trapeze artists", they pull off some amazing gyrations. We,
too, feed them peanuts from a squirrel-feeder box at the base of a
walnut tree about 20 feet from our large front windows. Our
indoor-only cats enjoy watching from a distance. One squirrel comes
closer regularly. She appeared on the ramp about a foot beneath the
ledge over a year ago. I took out some extra peanuts for her and
before long, she was a daily visitor, waiting for her early breakfast,
until I was hand-feeding her. There was a cleft in her left ear from
the tip to about a quarter-inch down - making her easily identifiable.
So we named her "Notch" and looked forward to her appearances. Early
this summer I ran out of peanuts for 3-4 days and...*all the squirrels
disappeared* - including Notch. We missed her and wished her well.
Now cold winter has set in again - and *Notch is back!!!* She sits
on the ledge and peers in the window, waiting for her handout, to the
delight of Hobo and Speckles as well. I think they missed her too.

Jeanne