Michael Jackson

Old June 27th 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
D Mahoney

Default Michael Jackson

No, I'm not being curious. I am stating a fact that Michael Jackson had
lots of operations to make him seem white and why?

I don't think anyone can dispute that he was a seriously disturbed man.
Old June 27th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
AZ wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?
why is it important to you?

Maybe she's just curious. Something doesn't have to be "important" to
a person in order to ask a question about it.

No, I'm not being curious. I am stating a fact that Michael Jackson had
lots of operations to make him seem white and why?

I don't really know if the entire impetus behind the operations was to
make him appear white, although that appears to be part of it. There's
also the insistant encouragement so many people seem to feel to
'improve' themselves - from the person next door who hides the gray with
hair dye to the celebrities who can afford vast amounts of plastic
surgery - and find surgeons willing to perform it. Jackson may have
believed at some level that 'improve' meant 'more white', but there's
also the story that he was teased by his father about his nose (although
most of us grow out of the tendency to believe that stuff from our
nearest and dearest, in some ways Jackson never seemed to mature). But
above and beyond any attempt to take on some of the characteristics of
another race, or to make a nose his father might approve, Jackson was
probably like many other people and tended to believe that he should aim
for youthful perfection in his appearance, and 'natural' is never perfect.

Look at poor Farah Fawcett - never as famous as Jackson, but she
maintained the hairstyle that made her famous and a nose that was almost
as badly destroyed at Jacksons throughout her life!

Jackson may have gone to more extremes than most, and some of the
changes he chose are more obvious because of his race, but his attempts
to perfect his appearance and maintain a tight youthful face are
actually fairly commonplace in some circles.

When I'm staying somewhere with cable TV, I sometimes watch these
makeover shows. Sometimes there really are things that are noticeably
'different' - like a receding chin. But *every* *single* *time* there's
breast implants, and almost always a nose job, even though the breasts
and nose look just fine to me. People with lots of money, a position in
the public eye, and a job that requires at least the appearance of youth
and style have been doing these kinds of makeovers for years, and some
of them appear to be addicted to the process. There is or was one woman
- I think she's usually describes as a 'socialite' (not a singer or
performer) who got someone to try to turn her into a kind of human cat.
Google "Jocelyn Wildenstein"

There's a lot of strange people out there.

Cheryl

Cheryl
Old June 27th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
AZ wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

His nose got to look, well, not quite right but he refused to admit plastic
surgery and he was once black. He tried to be white, and that made me sad,
like it was better to be white.

Old June 28th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 27, 3:30*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, *Why?

Jackson allegedly suffered from a skin disorder called vitiligo,
which affects the pigment of the
skin, leaving a blotchy look. The story goes that he chose a procedure
called "depigmentation",
which basically removes the pigment from the dark skin and makes a
more even skin tone, though
lighter. That's the official story anyway; the public will never know
which is the truth.
Like Dan said, people can say anything they want, but he IMO was a
tortured soul and again IMO
the product of his upbringing and environment.
But an amazing performer. IMO.

Sherry
Old June 28th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:45:59 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message
AZ wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Maybe she's just curious. Something doesn't have to be "important" to
a person in order to ask a question about it.

No, I'm not being curious. I am stating a fact that Michael Jackson had
lots of operations to make him seem white and why?

Who cares? He's dead. Quit beating the dead horse.
Old June 28th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Whatever he did, or didn't do is Gods decision now. I am sorry he was
surrounded by people who didn't seem to help but, as is many cases of rich,
famous people, were trying to figure out to get their piece of the pie.

After the first allegation against him, any parents who allowed their
children to be involved with him in any way are more guilty for what may
have happened.

Old June 28th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, *Why?

*Jackson allegedly suffered from a skin disorder called vitiligo,
which affects the pigment of the
skin, leaving a blotchy look. The story goes that he chose a procedure
called "depigmentation",
which basically removes the pigment from the dark skin and makes a
more even skin tone, though
lighter. That's the official story anyway; the public will never know
which is the truth.
Like Dan said, people can say anything they want, but he IMO was a
tortured soul and again IMO
the product of his upbringing and environment.
But an amazing performer. IMO.

Sherry

Somewhere, once upon a time, the photos taken after the first
accusations came out, those were released to the press. Whether the
actual reason he chose depigmentation was because of vitiligo or not
we will never know, but he certainly had a very strange look, when he
didn't use makeup (on his chest as an example). It was said that his
face, and the rest of his body, was the same.

I agree that he had a very difficult life. The things that have come
out about how he and his brothers were treated by their father are
detestable. He was amazingly talented.
Old June 28th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

Jackson allegedly suffered from a skin disorder called vitiligo,
which affects the pigment of the
skin, leaving a blotchy look.

I have vitiligo. I have a patch of white on my leg, just above the knee.
I mean I'm white, but that patch is *really* white. It's more obvious
when I'm tanned. It doesn't bother me, but if I had that patch on my
face, I might want to do something about it.

The vitiligo is supposedly why my hair started turning grey when I was
13 years old. My hair has been completely white since my early 30s.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old June 28th 09, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nospam[_2_]

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:30:34 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Here is a better question. Why does it bother so much that she asked?
Old June 28th 09, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

I have vitiligo. I have a patch of white on my leg, just above the knee.
I mean I'm white, but that patch is *really* white. It's more obvious
when I'm tanned. It doesn't bother me, but if I had that patch on my
face, I might want to do something about it.

I'm sure that's true. But imagine if the rest of your skin was dark
brown and you had these white patches. It's a harmless condition,
medically speaking but it does cause people to feel badly about how
they look. I think it's a lot harder on dark-skinned people, not to
minimize how it might feel even to a pale-skinned person, if they had
the white patches in highly visible places.

--
Joyce ^..^