Seven week old kitten's using 100+ quart Sterilite box for litter box

Old September 23rd 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Seven week old kitten's using 100+ quart Sterilite box for litter box

The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box. I was
using one of those grocery store style maroon litter boxes (Hartz I
guess). Had to clean the sides every few days. I guess that proves it
stays clean not because of the litter I'm using. If there is a next
time for raising kittens, I'll look for a Sterilite (polyethylene)
box, the shiny smooth clear type, with low sides. I don't know what
sort of plastic they use for ordinary litter boxes, but apparently
it's not polyethylene. I haven't tried any of the colored Sterilite
boxes. Just can't beat the thing staying clean.
Old September 27th 13, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_7_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box....

These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over the sides
among other things.

Old September 27th 13, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Kelly Greene" KellyGreen thisisfake.com wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they
already prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter
box....

These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over
the sides among other things.

The clear Sterilite boxes with shiny smooth sides are
self-cleaning, too. That is just amazing IMO. There is an
extremely fine coat of dust, but that's it. Nothing else stays
stuck to the sides.
Old September 29th 13, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Kelly Greene wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box....

These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over the
sides among other things.

If they are like my four, you want to place lots of stuff in the box that
the cats think will be destroyed by urin, too. - You have to sucker them to
go in the box to begin with......

Old October 16th 13, 10:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelley Greene

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
The sides are pretty tall, but they can jump. Seems they already
prefer the huge 100+ quart Sterilite box for a litter box....

These are what we use for our 4 cats. No more urinating over the
sides among other things.

If they are like my four, you want to place lots of stuff in the box that
the cats think will be destroyed by urin, too. - You have to sucker them
to go in the box to begin with......

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them and
placed them where they're old letterboxes were.

Old October 16th 13, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them and
placed them where they're old letterboxes were.

................Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get! snicker

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old October 16th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

buglady wrote:
On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
and placed them where they're old letterboxes were.

...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get!
snicker

buglady
take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....

All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......
Old November 22nd 13, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_3_]

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:37:24 PM UTC-4, Bill Graham wrote:
buglady wrote:

On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them

and placed them where they're old letterboxes were.

...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get!

snicker

buglady

take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....

All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......

Stinks like **** though, don't it? Or are you also the owner of an inside dog? Most of them are litter-browsers and will make short order of any kat droppings in a micro-second.

IBen Getiner
Old November 23rd 13, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

buglady wrote:
On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
and placed them where they're old letterboxes were.

...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get! snicker
buglady
take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....

All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......

~~~~~~~~
I took care of friends' indoor cats for two weeks while they were on
vacation. They have several cats and use shredded paper instead of litter.
The stench inside that house was almost unbearable. Shredded paper does not
eliminate odor!

MaryL

Old November 24th 13, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

buglady wrote:
On 10/16/2013 5:41 AM, Kelley Greene wrote:

My cats took to the totes right off. I just put the litter in them
and placed them where they're old letterboxes were.

...............Your cats leave letters? That's not what I get!
snicker buglady
take out the dog before replyingMy cats use letters....

All I need to replace the litter is a paper shredder......

~~~~~~~~
I took care of friends' indoor cats for two weeks while they were on
vacation. They have several cats and use shredded paper instead of
litter. The stench inside that house was almost unbearable. Shredded
paper does not eliminate odor!

MaryL

If you used the New York Times, it would smell about the same whether yiou
haqd any cats or not.....:^)