At Rainbow Bridj: Gretchen Marie 1989-2005

Old August 6th 05, 05:58 AM
CatTayls

Default At Rainbow Bridj: Gretchen Marie 1989-2005

I spoke to the vet this morning who said GM had a bad episode that
almost put her in cardiac arrest. TED suggested I come and visit her,
suggesting that they draw blood today to check her white/red counts and
then I could take her home tomorrow. They thought she might be less
stressed out at home. We talked about this at length. I finally
concluded that the blood test would tell us what we already knew., that
an antibiotic injection on Monday, another on Tuesday, plus intravenous
feeding and antibiotics for three days had not improved her. She had
rallied briefly but could not gain strength.

They brought her to me. She was breathing heavily, could not stand and
had difficulty moving much at all. I was at TED's for two hours,
talking to them and hearing possibilities from them. They would leave
me alone with her, then we would talk again. At one point, I had my
face next to GM's and she started whimpering. I told her that I
"got the message" and asked the vet to put her down. I could have
taken her home one more time, but I honestly would not have been able
to watch her being so miserable. GM was on a towel on the table and
she managed to get up and turn her back to me. I moved the towel
around so we would be face-o-face again. She did this twice more. I
think that was another clear message that she wanted to turn her back
on being so sick. So TED injected her and she left us in just a few
seconds, looking absolutely beautiful. I have no doubt that I made the
right decision. Whatever overtook her did so with a vengeance and I
don't believe she could have overcome it.

There is a big happy party going on at the Bridj tonight. And there
are a couple of hoomins--my late niece Patti and my friend Kath
Lyons--who are taking turns holding her.

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and purrs. I feel her
around me constantly but I have never felt so alone.

Arlene, proud meowmie to
Gretchen Marie House of Knop

Old August 6th 05, 06:24 AM
Rebecca

Anti Arlene, we iz awl furry said fur yoo. I iz purrin fur Gretchen Marie
to hab a gud trip to da brij, an fur yoo to find kumfurt in havin givin hur
a gud life while she wuz heer.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpurrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rebecca, for her house

Old August 6th 05, 05:28 PM
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On 5 Aug 2005 21:58:48 -0700, CatTayls wrote:

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and purrs. I feel her
around me constantly but I have never felt so alone.

We iz sorry to reed uv dis, Anti Arlene, and send owr purrz for GM
and fur da hole in yur heart. May her memory be a blessink...

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
8/6/2005 12:27:02 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old August 6th 05, 07:36 PM
Sylvia M.

{{{{{{{Arlene}}}}}}}}}

Meanwhile at The Bridge, Gretchen Marie is being greeted by
many of her frendz.
Big Maine Coon Classic Brown Tabby comes bounding across Rainbow
Bridge o hug and hewlp her gudgud frend {{{{{{{{{Gretchin
Marie}}}}}}}}}
across.

Boy-ho-boy-ho-boy I mizzt yu G.M.!! Neow weez kin hab abvenshurz
tugedder agin. Lotza owr gudgud frenz frum RPCC ar heer, an weez
awl feelin gudgud an havin uh blazt ov uh gud tyme heer.

It feelz sooo gud nottid tu feel sik ennymoor, huh? Mee tuu!

Kummon offur tu da udder syde, an meet moor ov yur gud frendz, an
maybe effin relatiffz.

Dyna Mo/Mite @ RB

ups.com...

Old August 6th 05, 09:00 PM
Eileen Clark

In article . com,
CatTayls wrote:

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and purrs. I feel her
around me constantly but I have never felt so alone.

Arlene, proud meowmie to
Gretchen Marie House of Knop

The Clark kitties and humans are so sorry to hear this. We are purring
for Gretchen Marie and her family. May her memory never fade.

Mia, Callie, Camille, Marissa & Mac, & Meowmie Eileen
Old August 6th 05, 10:07 PM
The Clowder

[small brown tabby, face streaming with tears, returns quickly from
placing a brick on the Walk ov Remembranz]

Dis is so furry hard. Gretchen Marie wuz so big a inflooins heeer
onda noozgroop, an beefor dis wun on da old r.p.c. She wurrkd
tyrlissly to mayk eevents an Balls purrfekt, an wud mayk shur dat da
old storees an advenchurs wud allways bee reememburrd.

It wuz Gretchen Marie hoo furrst wundurrd weffur dere wuz a plays onda
web ware all da Jellicle Onorees wer reecordid. It wuz frum dis
wundring dat da Walk of Remembranz caym to bee. I am furry prowd to
haff workd on dis wiff her, furry prowd to call her mine frend.

Mee an mine clowder ar sendin owr besstist purrrrrrrrs fur her jerney,
an more to her greefing mom...hoo lissind wenn it broke her hart to do
so. Wee luff yu, Auntee Arlene.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old August 7th 05, 03:13 PM
Ray or Fran

Weze agrees with you Mietze. Gretchen Marie was so much a part of the rpcc
community, here and in the old rpc. Shez made sure stories were told and
history was remembered. Ifn anyfing needed being done, shez made sure it
was done. Gretchen Marie will be missed by all who have known her.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(in the meatloaf position of respect with tears streaming down their faces)

Old August 7th 05, 12:14 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 21:58:48 -0700, CatTayls wrote:

[...]

".....rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..." MLB

Old August 7th 05, 01:11 AM
Meowmie Carol

In case this didn't go through before, we think Gretchen Marie was
lucky to have such a loving caretaker. We know this was difficult and
hope the healing starts soon.

TopHat and the gang.