A birthday cat

Old September 9th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt

Default A birthday cat

Mark Edwards skrev i meddelandet ...

First of all, today is Senyah's mumbletymumble-th birthday. We went
to bed around 11:30pm, and I was singing to her,

"Happy almost birthday to you,
Happy almost but not quite yet birthday to you.
Happy not yet but nearly birthday, dear Senyah,
Happy ain't your birthday quite yet to you."

So Senyah says she hears one of the cats crying. I get up and look
around. None of the cats is crying. In fact, all three of them are
trying to settle in for their nightly naps.

Okay, back to bed, and starting to doze off. It still isn't Senyah's
birthday, I remind her, as we both fall to sleep.

JUST as I am in that zone between waking and sleeping, there is a loud
"RAP! RAP! RAP!" at one of the doors. What the hell? It's past
midnight.

I grab some pants and check the back door. Looking out the peephole, I
see nobody. I open the door, and still nobody. Spot is out there. I
wish his damn slave would let him in at night.

I close the door and go check the front door. Nobody there except Baby
Kitten, who dances away from me when I try to pick him up. Hmmm.

Okay, one last time to the back door. I look out the peep hole again.
I don't see any funny business, but there is a grey and white cat.
While still looking out, I turn the latches on the deadbolts, and the
grey and white cat stays there.

I hear neighbors outside, going up the stairs, and go outside again.
The grey and whie cat backs away, but starts meowing rather loudly at
me. I stop and stare.

Buster? Buster!!!!

He meows back at me some more, and I pick him up. He cuddles into my
shoulder and purrs. He is bony as hell! I bring him inside, go into
the bedroom and turn on the light. I tell Senyah that it looks like
her birthday present is here.

I'm cuddling Buster, and he is massaging my arm with his claws out (as
usual!), but I don't mind. I have tears running down my face, as I
figured him for lost or dead.

I have not slept a wink all night, as I have been petting and cuddling
my long lost boy. He made three trips to the food bowl (that I know
of) during the night, and came back to bed, where he could sleep on
top of me or Senyah, alternating between us often enough, that I don't
think Senyah slept much either (big grin).

I have tears running down my face, but they are tears of joy. Buster
is back home!

All i could figure out about the knock on the door, is that maybe
Buster was loud and persistent enough that he disturbed the neighbors,
even if we didn't hear him, and that the neighbors figured to disturb
us to deal with "that noisy cat."

I am so glad they did!!!!!!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

OH, how WONDERFUL!!!
I am so happy for all of you.
Birthday greetings to Senyah.
Elisabet

A birthday cat Tish Cat anecdotes 1 September 10th 06 06:51 AM
Happy Birthday Kami! Anna via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 0 April 3rd 06 06:21 PM
OT - Happy Birthday, My Angel Karen Cat anecdotes 29 October 12th 05 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday Kami! Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 6 April 4th 05 06:43 PM