[OT] Writing Gothic Horror

Old October 8th 04, 03:28 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Jeanette" had some very interesting things to
say about [OT] Writing Gothic Horror:

I'm in. I'm already writing a series of erotic / soap opera / family history
books about rock star werewolves. A change of direction might be fun.

Rock star werewolves???? :-) [giggling]

Old October 8th 04, 05:30 PM
Singer709

"Yowie" wrote in message ...
Cleaning out the ancient archives on my work PC, I discovered the first few
paragraphs of my yet-to-be-published Gothic Horror novel, which I started
back in 1995, long before I started writing cat anecdotes. And trust me, the
cat anecdotes (despite their abscence at the moment) are far far better.

Being close to 9 years ago, I have absolutely no memory of my plans for this
"Gothic Horror", can't remember where I was heading with the plot, or what
the theme was, or even what my inspiration was for starting it in the first
place. Its truly a Z-grade movie in words.

But such things still can still provide great amusement. Would anyone be
interested in joining with me to finish the first RPCA collaborative
Gadawful Gothic Horror novel (complete with hissing black cats of course)?

We could either post the growing madness to the group for everyone to see,
or via e-mail, yahoo group, or I could just put up our contributions on a
web page (no fancy HTML, just the text). WE'd have to work out who gets to
write next so as not to have two or more people divert the story line three
seperate ways, and if we post to the group, what header to use so that those
poor people who don't want to read the next installment can filter it out,
but would anyone be interested? I know there are people out there with as
twisted imaginations as me, and lets face it, anyone posting here is a
frustrated author by definition. I hope it turns out to be very funny and
give us some good belly laughs, because darn it, with what else has been
happening in the group at the moment, we desperately need some.

Anyone interested?

Yowie
Oh, now I remember. I had just got my first HP Lovecraft book and loving the
sheer hokey-ness of it. Stupid ex kept that book when we split up. Darn :-(.
Anyway, that should give some hint as to what inspired the beginnings of
such a story....

Sounds like fun, but I'm busy revising my 2nd novel for the agent now,
and will be hot into writing the 3rd novel afterward. I'm writing a
series of private detective novels.

I have also begun a straightforward Lovecraftian horror novel but that
is in ite early stages. This one is a doozy, with ancient evil
awakened from beneath the seabed and invading a Texas Gulf Coast
fishing town. Not to mention the strange goings-on at the susposedly
closed army base nearby.

Old October 8th 04, 07:08 PM
Bev

Singer709 wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message ...
[...]

I am an expert on horror stories, after all, I have been living in one
with B & C for almost two years!!

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Old October 9th 04, 12:08 AM
Enfilade

Anyone interested?

*looks up from WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE tribebook*

Sure, you got it

*gets dirty looks from Nocturne. Nox, I've already read the
"werecats" book multiple times. I don't have to play Bastet in every
game and...ouch!*

--Fil

Old October 9th 04, 03:09 AM
Yowie

"Enfilade" wrote in message
om...
Anyone interested?

*looks up from WEREWOLF THE APOCALYPSE tribebook*

Sure, you got it

*gets dirty looks from Nocturne. Nox, I've already read the
"werecats" book multiple times. I don't have to play Bastet in every
game and...ouch!*

Hey! I think Joel just got that book

Thinking about it further, who cares if the plot splinters off? I'll upload
the first part on my webpage on Monday, and will post responses as I get
them (I hope). If theres more than 1 response to the same part, both will
be posted and then people can reply to any or all the parts they like. Sorta
like a choose-your-own-adventure book.

Yowie

---

Old October 9th 04, 04:29 AM

Yowie wrote:

Thinking about it further, who cares if the plot splinters off? I'll upload
the first part on my webpage on Monday, and will post responses as I get
them (I hope). If theres more than 1 response to the same part, both will
be posted and then people can reply to any or all the parts they like. Sorta
like a choose-your-own-adventure book.

Ooooh! Fractal horror!

Joyce