Dan, Any Word on Tabitha?

Old January 2nd 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

Default Dan, Any Word on Tabitha?

On Jan 1, 5:29*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Still no sign. We've checked all of the likely and unlikely places. I'm
pretty claustrophobic but crawled deep into places so tight that I ended
up puking from the phobia. I've had to work through a cou[le different
phobias to get into some of the places, but I haven't so much as a lump
of fur.

We've also looked outside, allk around our house and the abandoned one
next door, talked to neighbors, walked around and drove around looking.
We're a long way from giving up, but so far no signs.

Dan

In article ,

*"Granby" wrote:
I am sure IF Tabitha were back we would know it. *I understand how wondering
can be hard too. *I check this puter so many times a day.

How old is Tabitha? Could she be sick? It doesn't make sense if
you're sure she was inside the other night. Are you sure? Of course,
we don't have basements in AZ so there aren't that many places a cat
can hide in our house. I suppose having a basement could make it a
whole different ballgame as I know my mom's cat can disappear in her
basement and we've never figured out his hiding places.

I'm sure you know to go out and night and look for her...if there's a
chance she's out there. Do you really feel she's inside somewhere?

Best of luck...

Candace
Old January 2nd 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Dan,
What are the chances she could be in a decoration box? Being the
holidays did you have any type of box out that she might have fallen
asleep in and then "stored" away somewhere? Still, I would think you'd
hear her meowing if she was in a box.

Still sending purrs your way.
Julie

Old January 2nd 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
In article ,
Rhonda wrote:

Dan, any fireplace or wooden stove-type thing where she could be stuck?
Maybe a vent or pipe? Also, inside of box springs?

Rhonda

No fireplace, checked dryer vent, no box springs. Checked drawers,
cupboards, closets, under furniture. Only thing we've seen so far is a
clump of Tabitha fur, but no telling how old it is.

Dan

Dan, try turning furniture (sofa, chairs, mattress, etc.) *upside down.* I
had a cat that once got "lost" in a motel room. I knew he was in the room,
but I was desperate because he was nowhere to be found--and then I
discovered a hole in the bottom of the mattress (obviously made long ago),
and he was snuggled up *inside* the mattress. A cat could easily get stuck
in that way, and the padding would muffle any sounds the cat might make.

Good luck finding Tabitha ASAP.

MaryL

Old January 2nd 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Dan
I wonder if you could borrow the neighbor's trap, put it in the basement
with a sardine or smelly treat, shut the door, and maybe she'll appear.
I wonder if she has eaten at all?
Someone else suggested having someone else look for her as well, because she
can be invisible to you because of your surroundings...she could be posing
as a 'kitty statue' on a table and you wouldn't see her...Mosey did that
once hiding in my pile of stuffed Coca Cola Bears that I collect. I had been
looking for him for about 6 hours. Sqweex likes to hide too, and I
discovered her favorite spot is in the far corner of our big closet behind a
pillow.
They can be devious critters...
Hey, you can call me on the phone, put me on 'speaker' and we'll go thru
the house, I'll call her name and 'maybe' she'll come out or at least meow.
Just a thought.
I don't know how else to help.
Purrayers
Kyla
"Granby" ...
I am sure IF Tabitha were back we would know it. I understand how
wondering can be hard too. I check this puter so many times a day.
"Gandalf"
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:47:17 -0800, "Kyla =^..^="

I know you spent NYE tearing the house apart, trying to find her...
Purrayers that she comes out from her hiding place.
Sammy Yeowl dat yew r home n when she hears your voice,
maybe she'll come out.
We are sew glad you are home.
Love, purrs and scritches
Anti Kyla
n Mosey
--worried

I was wondering too.

All last night, I was thinking about how wonderful it must be to have
Sammy back, after sooooo long!

But I can't imagine where Tabitha has gone, and why she hasn't come out
yet.

She must be hungry, and very thirsty, by now.

Is she very vocal? I would think if she were really *stuck*, she would
meow when you were near. Cats are, after all, pretty smart creatures!

I hope she puts in an appearance today.

Please give Sammy some scritches from me, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old January 2nd 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 1, 7:17*pm, Candace wrote:
*Of course,
we don't have basements in AZ so there aren't that many places a cat
can hide in our house. *I

are you sure? We live in a 1-bedroom flat with no basement- there
can't be many places a cat can hide but if either of them don't want
to be found they usually can't be (unless I get the ham out that
usually works!)

Although I discovered one sort of hiding place the other day- I needed
to pop to the shops so I grabbed my black fleece jacket (it's supposed
to be a man's one and is made from recycled plastic bottles and is
about the warmest thing I have ever had!) and there was an indignant
sqwauk and a thump as Sarsi got a rude awakening. I told her she's a
black cat and should expect to be moved if she lies on something
black. Funny thing is since then a couple of times when we were
wondering where she was I've spotted her asleep on top of black
clothes- she obviously understands the use of camoflage when you hide
in plain sight!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 2nd 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
In article ,
Rhonda wrote:

Dan, any fireplace or wooden stove-type thing where she could be stuck?
Maybe a vent or pipe? Also, inside of box springs?

Rhonda

No fireplace, checked dryer vent, no box springs. Checked drawers,
cupboards, closets, under furniture. Only thing we've seen so far is a
clump of Tabitha fur, but no telling how old it is.

Dan

where did you find the fur? Someone posted advice to look in boxes for
Christmas ornaments, etc. Several years ago, TuTu was in hiding. After
searching everywhere (I thought) I decided to check the clothes closet.
As I tried to move aside a garment bag, I noticed it was heavy. She
had torn the side open and crawled inside and was sleeping happily. All
in all, I have had five garment bags ruined by this cat because she
likes to nest in them. Now I keep closet doors shut tight. Purring
still for Tavbiths to be found safe. MLB
Old January 2nd 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

where did you find the fur? Someone posted advice to look in boxes for
Christmas ornaments, etc. Several years ago, TuTu was in hiding. After
searching everywhere (I thought) I decided to check the clothes closet.
As I tried to move aside a garment bag, I noticed it was heavy. She
had torn the side open and crawled inside and was sleeping happily. All
in all, I have had five garment bags ruined by this cat because she
likes to nest in them. Now I keep closet doors shut tight. Purring
still for Tavbiths to be found safe. MLB

It was on the basement floor near the stairs. Not terribly significant
finding it there, as the basement litter boxes are the ones that get the
heaviest use.

When I get home I'll go through the storage boxes in the basement again,
just in case.

Old January 12th 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
where did you find the fur? Someone posted advice to look in boxes for
Christmas ornaments, etc. Several years ago, TuTu was in hiding. After
searching everywhere (I thought) I decided to check the clothes closet.
As I tried to move aside a garment bag, I noticed it was heavy. She
had torn the side open and crawled inside and was sleeping happily. All
in all, I have had five garment bags ruined by this cat because she
likes to nest in them. Now I keep closet doors shut tight. Purring
still for Tavbiths to be found safe. MLB

It was on the basement floor near the stairs. Not terribly significant
finding it there, as the basement litter boxes are the ones that get the
heaviest use.

When I get home I'll go through the storage boxes in the basement again,
just in case.

It has been so long now, I am worried about the result. Could we please
have a report? Purring for strength. MLB

Hey Tabitha Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] Cat community 1 October 9th 08 02:59 AM
Wheer iz Tabitha? Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] Cat community 8 August 4th 08 03:25 AM
Tabitha missing? Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 26 June 7th 07 10:36 PM
Tabitha! Harri Cat community 4 November 12th 04 09:15 PM
Tabitha? Sammy? ChildFree23 Cat community 8 November 11th 03 02:14 AM