It's Just Too D*mn Hot

Old July 26th 10, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default It's Just Too D*mn Hot

Our temps here in North Carolina hit 100 F today with a heat index of
108 F and humidity of 51% or better. current temp at 11 pm Eastern
Daylight time (EDT)

The Robert Shirk Memorial Fountain and B1rd bath water levels sink
rapidly in the heat. So do the owners.

It is currently 86 F with a 51% humidity and some of the owners have
started to move around a little bit. Earlier, I wandered through the
house on my way to the kitchen and some food and ice water. Huey,
Merlin, and Smokey were sacked out on the hall floor. Tanada was
sleeping on a plastic storage system on the main bathroom counter. MCG
(Miss Calico Girl) was sacked out on Mandy's pillow. QC and Speed the
D-thing were laying on the living room floor. Pine Cone and Sonya had
found cool tiles in the kitchen. My progress through the house
disturbed them and caused all sorts of new interaction patterns.

As I put a pot of water on the stove to boil, PC, QC, and Sonya twined
around my feet. Smokey and Speedy came in for a game of Ice cube
hockey. Huey checked out the activity then went back to my bedroom to
lay on my bed and wait for me to come back to the laptop of doom and
stabilization. Merlin shifted to my pillow. I felt guilty but pleased
that they were so content.

The kids are playing D&D 3.5 at a friend's apartment. Tomorrow Jim
starts helping teach a (get this, I'm still giggling) week long, board
breaking camp. I've paid $100 for Amanda to learn how to bust boards
with her hands, feet, and head. I have visions of a day spent per body
part and this huge pile of lumber and plastic breaking boards sitting
out in the parking lot by Friday. Jim ignored me when I asked if they
learned how to use their butts to break boards. I'm hoping one of them
will tell me.

Pam S. using a strange sort of humor to beat the heat
Old July 27th 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I was on a road trip this weekend, and on Saturday I drove through
Chattanooga. The temp was 104! I was really glad I had A/C in the van.

Old July 27th 10, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It was too D*mn hot anywhere in Illinois too.