It Was TURKEY DAY!!!!

Old November 24th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default It Was TURKEY DAY!!!!

Every holiday we buy the owners cans of 9-lives turkey and gravy to go with
the giblets and such that we cook for them from the bird. This is a special
day for the owners. The whole time the oven was on the cats were dancing
around the kitchen, mewing, and headbutting anyone who walked into the
kitchen. Can you tell that they like Turkey day?

Well most of us prefer ham for our holidays, and I cook one of those at the
same time as the turkey. The owners are happy. Everyone has been giving
them samples of cooking prowess and they are totally thrilled. Each has
their own preferences as to meat, and they all get their goodies.

On an Honor note. The Hoolicat is back. She climbed from the floor to
Rob's chair to his desk to my sewing machine stand to the dresser to the
high boy to my desk to jump in a box of Reader's Digest Condensed Books we
got as freebies. She hid there until I was away from the computer, where
she jumped out onto my desk, turned off the sleep function and started
moving the cursor around. The Kit likes electronics.

She also fell in love with an electronic base Jim's Brother left in the
house from one of his transformers. She had it talking intermittently
during the movies we were watching. I suspect she was jealous of "Puss In
Boots" from Shrek 2. She also stalked the food. We had to keep removing
her from the tables as we were serving up. She loves both turnkey and ham.
She's also a busy little girl.

Now, lest you think that I'd like to get rid of her, far from it. The
owners were starting to settle down. She has not only woke them up, but
when Rob and I developed companion colds, she spent the whole time I was at
my sickest on my pillow purring against my poor stuffed up head. Huey
purred against Rob's knee, which worked as well. I have another nurse
kitty.

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving from all of us at the Shirk farm, where the new
Mafioso is settling in nicely.

Pam S.

Old November 24th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

tanada wrote:
Every holiday we buy the owners cans of 9-lives turkey and gravy to
go with the giblets and such that we cook for them from the bird.
This is a special day for the owners. The whole time the oven was on
the cats were dancing around the kitchen, mewing, and headbutting
anyone who walked into the kitchen. Can you tell that they like
Turkey day?

Awwww! I do so wish I could give Persia treats. I asked her vet and he
said due to her proclivity for bladder tumors and crystals "no". She has to
stick to her R/x food. I didn't roast a turkey (don't like it much) but I
did roast a cornish game hen. Persia was sniffing around the kitchen with
obvious interest. Sorry, sweetie, the doctor says you can't have any

Congrats on the newest member of the Mafioso!

Jill

Old November 25th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Hehehe, my clowder got Turkey flavored Fancy Feast and were all happliy
slurping it down when i left to go to a friends house for dinner.

They LOVE turkey!!! Glad to hear that yours did too

Kristi

Old November 25th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mischief wrote:

Hehehe, my clowder got Turkey flavored Fancy Feast and were all happliy
slurping it down when i left to go to a friends house for dinner.

They LOVE turkey!!! Glad to hear that yours did too

Yours are more cooperative than mine. Whenever I buy them
something "special" (and expensive) to celebrate a holiday,
they turn up their little noses and leave it untouched!
(They refuse people food, too.)
Old November 28th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Happy belated thanksgiving to you too, and I'm glad that Honor has found her
place in your homes & heart. Couldn't let the other owners get complacent
now, could we? beg

Yowie

A sweet Thanksgiving story staring Genny and a turkey carcass kittyscastle Cat anecdotes 0 November 16th 06 02:54 AM
[OT] Turkey Tricks Pat Cat anecdotes 15 November 28th 05 04:39 PM
Cooking With Mommy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 63 October 27th 04 12:44 AM
Turkey time for Simba jemifur Cat anecdotes 45 June 18th 04 08:49 PM