Katie is such a smart little girl

Old June 1st 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default Katie is such a smart little girl

Katie is one of my sibling pair (along with her brother, Jack, AKA
"Trouble"). I still refer to them as kittens, because they won't be
fully grown until next month (2 years old), and because they still act
like kittens. I think I will always think of them as my kittens.

Anyway, I digress.

Along with lots of other things falling apart around here, our bedroom
door stopped being able to latch. My solution was to string a bungee
cord from the hall closet doorknob to the bedroom door. The cats
couldn't get in on their own, and we could still get in and out just fine.

Well, Katie is a born leader and too smart for her own good. She
figured out that if she jumped up against the door, she could push it
open. And she figured out that it closed at some point, so she had to
time it just right to get into the "Cool Room", aka the bedroom.

So one day I'm in the bedroom, hear Katie doing her door-push thing, and
thinking she'll never do it because she'd have to time it so perfectly
so she doesn't get squished in the door. Next thing I know, I look down
on the floor, and there is Kate!

Never had a cat be able to open doors at will before.

Ginger-lyn
Old June 1st 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:14:46 +0000, Ginger-lyn wrote:

[...]

Old saying: Where there's a will, there's a way."
I've noticed here that the ground seems to rise and fall with the water
table. MLB

Katie RB Mishi Cat anecdotes 46 June 2nd 07 10:29 PM
purrs for Katie,please? Mishi Cat anecdotes 12 June 1st 07 10:14 PM
Vale Katie Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 66 August 25th 06 12:56 PM
[RB] Goodbye, Katie John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 36 March 4th 04 09:07 PM
Katie is seriously ill John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 27 March 3rd 04 08:07 PM