OT - Still in Hosp. Finish

Old May 19th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

Default OT - Still in Hosp. Finish

Weird - for some reason I'm only seeing part of my post, so let's
start again (the good part got cut off).

Now they say I have new pneumonia - well of course, keep someone bed-
bound long enough and they will get it.

The "good" news is that I got approved for SSN which means I'll no
longer have private LT Disability and health insurance, and am
inelligible for MediCare for over a year yet - so they'll *have* to
kick my ass out of here soon. I was just really, REALLY hoping I
could hold on to the LTD until I could get the reverse ileostomy
done.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about all my problems any more... I got
to see Archer the other night!! Ben snuck him in right under the
nurses' noses (they're so used to see him carrying his big laptop case
I guess they didn't notice the difference of the Sherpa bag). Of
course the nurse did come in while he was here so we were busted - the
doctor said this morning that I would need to go see him (or Sammy)
down in the atrium. Right! Like I'm going to let one of my house
cats loose outside in this busy bustling place. The alternative would
be to just sit and watch them through the mesh of the bag - how bad
would that feel??!

I really don't care, if he can sneak in someone else he'll do it - let
them kick me out, that would suit me just fine!

I just saw the internist and he's telling me I'm still having small
eschemias which is what is causing the new pain - yet the attending
physician wants to take DOWN my heparin (which, thankfully was over-
ruled by my oncologist/hemotologist.

Sorry, side slipped into that complaint. I'll go back to
contemplating seeing my furbabies again soon.

Hugs,

CatNipped.
Old May 20th 11, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

On May 19, 8:10*pm, hopitus wrote:
On May 19, 4:22*pm, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Since you are not going anywhere, I am trying to be helpful to you
here. SSN
term means "Social Security Number". The only benefit of SS I can thnk
of that
you may have medically qualified for is SSD (see link).
Is this what you meant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_...lity_Insurance

Please read way down to near the bottom: it states SSD is not a
replacement for LTD,
but a supplement to be paid *as well as* LTD you already have.
If I am totally out of the ballpark on this, ignore my post.
Otherwise, you need to
talk money matters over with somebody besides the DH, like a call to
the SS local
office, since you can't go there. I call them once in awhile myself,
but not about SSD.
What they may tell you could put you in a better frame of mind.

Old May 20th 11, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

[...]

Oh crap - so much for trying to post using a cellphone - sorry for the
empty posts.

I meant SSDI - Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. MetLife
is the party insisting that I switch from them to SSDI, though I will
look into it further.

Hugs,

CatNipped
Old May 20th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

That's very cute that he brought Archer in! I hope he didn't think
that he was going to TED. I really hope that you'll be well enough
to be discharged, and be able to spend your time recuperating among
all your kitties.
Old May 21st 11, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

On May 20, 5:31*pm, Takayuki wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Ben said when he got him home Archer ran around like a crazy boy and
kissed every cat in sight - first Sammy who tolerated it, the Ozzy who
returned it, then Jessie who allowed it then swatted the h$&&out of
him... but he only got to within three feet of Demi before changing
his mind (*NEVER* go against the wishes of a frightened animal, they
will be more likely to kill you to save their life that swat you out
of anger).

I'm hoping he brings Sammy tonight or Archer again, but Ben is MUCH
more a stickler for rules than I am, so we'll see.

I'm hoping to go home on Monday - no matter what happens.

Hugs,

CatNipped
Old May 21st 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

And Tak, old friend, thank you for still taking the time to respond to
me - I know I only ever complain any more and I appreciate it when a
friend can look past that to the ailurophile still inside.

Hugs,

CatNipped
Old May 21st 11, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

***

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Joy

Old May 21st 11, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

That would be great if this would be your last weekend in the
hospital. I hope that next week brings you lots of kitties and their
frantic kisses. Dot has the most frantic and overenthusiastic kisses I
know, so I'll send some of those over to you.
Old May 21st 11, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

CatNipped wrote:
And Tak, old friend, thank you for still taking the time to respond to
me - I know I only ever complain any more and I appreciate it when a
friend can look past that to the ailurophile still inside.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh no, I always have time. I just squander it, is all. It seems
like you're starting to feel as though you have too much time on your
hands. If that's the case, I would take it as a good sign!