Ah Well....

Old May 21st 11, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

Default Ah Well....

I should have known not to look for Sammy or Archer - Ben is just too
intimidated by authority figures. He did bring me my anniversary
present early... it's a "Nook" (which I insist on "mistakenly" calling
a nookie just to see the embarrassed smile on his face when he
corrects me). It's pretty cool - a "Kindle" type book reader on
steroids.

Hugs,

CatNipped
Old May 21st 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I should have known not to look for Sammy or Archer - Ben is just too
intimidated by authority figures. He did bring me my anniversary
present early... it's a "Nook" (which I insist on "mistakenly" calling
a nookie just to see the embarrassed smile on his face when he
corrects me). It's pretty cool - a "Kindle" type book reader on
steroids.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Well, that isn't to be snoze at. ;-)

Maybe it will help you fill the days until Monday. Purrs that you can go
home then.

Joy

Old May 21st 11, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
He did bring me my anniversary present early... it's a "Nook" (which I
insist on "mistakenly" calling a nookie just to see the embarrassed
smile on his face when he corrects me).

Hehe! Have fun playing with your Nookie. In fact, it might be fun to say
"I've been playing with my Nookie" when nurses or doctors ask how you're
holding up (evil grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old May 22nd 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_6_]

On May 21, 6:25*pm, hopitus wrote:
On May 20, 7:08*pm, CatNipped wrote:

I should have known not to look for Sammy or Archer - Ben is just too
intimidated by authority figures. *He did bring me my anniversary
present early... it's a "Nook" (which I insist on "mistakenly" calling
a nookie just to see the embarrassed smile on his face when he
corrects me). *It's pretty cool - a "Kindle" type book reader on
steroids.
CatNipped

If he can still get a refund for that Nook you may want to trade it in
*for* a Kindle. amazon is going strong
from all financial reports and closer to home, several of lmy
relatives are employed by B&N retailer and we
are all waiting for the hammer to go down on the "merger" (takeover by
stock:- *sought* by B&N). Bidder is
a CO corp. not far from here and they are *not*& a book retailer. You
can read all about it in stock reviews
and local papers. I was expecting this but my relatives didn't believe
my logic. My only question was "who".
Now we know. There are a lot of employees at B&N sweating their
livelyhoods.

I'm sorry if you have relatives losing jobs, but for us it's not a
loss - we get these kinds of things free or at little cost b/c of my
son. This most advanced style with all apps wa $25.

Hugs,

CatNipped
Old May 23rd 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 21, 5:47*am, Mark Edwards wrote:
Hehe! Have fun playing with your Nookie. In fact, it might be fun to say
"I've been playing with my Nookie" when nurses or doctors ask how you're
holding up (evil grin).

Glad to see you're still laughing-

Is this another example of the American/English divide. Over here
"Nookie" is not something you can play with- it's the actual act
of...it's a verb usually with the words "Had/Having/ will have "
depending on tense in front of it so "I;ve been playing with my
Nookie" is not correct of course if they come in and say what are you
doing you can say "I am having Nookie" if you're reading it right
there and then and in the UK- you'd get a funny look!

Sorry to be so pedantic- words fascinate me- the differences in nuance
and the origins of them- I always like the reason why Vauxhall's
"Nova" car didn't sell in Spain apparently it puzzled them until
someone pointed out "Nova" means "No go" in Spanish

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 23rd 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

Sorry to be so pedantic- words fascinate me- the differences in nuance
and the origins of them- I always like the reason why Vauxhall's
"Nova" car didn't sell in Spain apparently it puzzled them until
someone pointed out "Nova" means "No go" in Spanish

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Don't take this the wrong way, Lesley, but one word you get consistently
wrong is, though, you always put an 'r' in it making through. Which of
course has a completely different meaning and wouldn't be picked up by a
spell checker.

--
Adrian
Old May 23rd 11, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 23, 9:32*am, Adrian wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, Lesley, but one word you get consistently
wrong is, though, you always put an 'r' in it making through.
--

It won't get picked up by a spell checker and no I won't take it the
wrong way- Odd thing is I type both words correctly when I am using

Old May 23rd 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley Madigan wrote:

Sorry to be so pedantic- words fascinate me- the differences in nuance
and the origins of them- I always like the reason why Vauxhall's
"Nova" car didn't sell in Spain apparently it puzzled them until
someone pointed out "Nova" means "No go" in Spanish

LOL! (Yes, that would do it, I think.)