Hey Now! (First visit here) Holy Smokes! 40,000 messages??!!

Old January 1st 04, 05:42 AM
MarkNewbury

Default Hey Now! (First visit here) Holy Smokes! 40,000 messages??!!

Hey Now!

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.
The folks who built the great pyramids knew this thousands
of years before our current calendar even existed!

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

How on earth do you follow it?
I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Peace,
Mark

PS: THANX to Marina and billn for pointing this
group out to me! I would have never thought to look
in here. I had always assumed this was yet another
ghost group.

--

Have a look at a bunch more pic's in my WebShots Albums!
HTTP://COMMUNITY.WEBSHOTS.COM/USER/MARKNEWBURY

Old January 1st 04, 06:12 AM
Dan Mahoney

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

Welcome to the group! The number of messages is kind of staggering,
isn't it? I guess that's evidence of how crazily devoted to our kitties
we are.

Dan

Old January 1st 04, 06:16 AM
Victor Martinez

MarkNewbury wrote:
Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.

Howdy Mark! Sounds like you'll fit right in...

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

Yup... we're a talkative bunch over here...

How on earth do you follow it?

It takes some time, sometimes. I usually try to read the beginning of
all threads. If I have the time, I read most/all messages. If I'm in a
hurry, I skip through threads, etc. Do whatever works for you. We won't
be offended if you only write every so often, lots of folks are mostly
lurkers, but they're still members of our community.

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Greetings from Austin, Texas. Happy New Year! You can see pictures of
our crew he
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group...ase.yahoo.com/
and he
http://home.austin.rr.com/lunamayaxoxo

How about you? Got any pictures to share?

Cheers.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 1st 04, 06:34 AM
Marina

"MarkNewbury" wrote
snip
Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

How on earth do you follow it?

I devote my life to it. ;o)

I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

snippety

PS: THANX to Marina and billn for pointing this
group out to me! I would have never thought to look
in here. I had always assumed this was yet another
ghost group.

You're welcome and welcome to the group. Tell them about the kitties you are
feeding!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 1st 04, 06:43 AM
Christine Burel

"MarkNewbury" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome Mark -- I've seen some of your photos of your kitty community on the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals group and they are gorgeous -- so glad you
found your way here. I'm owned by 5 kitties, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin &
Tucker. Piccies at

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cfb...ltoo/my_photos

Regards,
Christine Burel

Old January 1st 04, 07:10 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 00:42:29 -0500, "MarkNewbury"
wrote:

Hey Now!

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.
The folks who built the great pyramids knew this thousands
of years before our current calendar even existed!

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

How on earth do you follow it?
I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Peace,
Mark

PS: THANX to Marina and billn for pointing this
group out to me! I would have never thought to look
in here. I had always assumed this was yet another
ghost group.

Hi Mark, glad to see you here, as I've been watching your pix over in
the binary group for a while now.

I know what you mean about all the posts, when I first started reading
here I ended up just using the catch up feature and starting from
scratch - just lurking for awhile to try to get all hoomin names
matched to the appropiate cat master - a task I'm still working on. If
you can put up with all the pop-ups check out the FAQ at
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm

Anyway, as you can tell from my sig I'm Steve, and have three furry
ones telling me what to do: when to get up in the morning, when the
food bowl is empty and of course when the litter box needs cleaning.
We here in southwestern Oklahoma.

Rocky is my latest addition. The vet guessed his age at around 6-8
years old, and he was feral for most of that time. I've been feeding
him for quite awhile, and it took a LONG time before let me approach
him, maybe six months before he'd eat off the patio without running
off if he saw me. This summer I finally hauled him in to be neutered,
and since then he's been turning into a lap kitty - now if he could
just learn that claws are not appreciated when he's kneading. LOL

Little Bit is a stray who showed up on the doorstep a couple winters
ago - skinny and very pregnant. At the time the vet estimated her to
be about 10 months old. I tried to tell her that I wasn't a cat
person, that she could only stay until it warmed up outside, that I
had pet birds and couldn't keep a cat, etc etc, but she moved in
anyway. About a week later she had her kittens in the bedroom closet.
I decided she could stay until they were old enough to go to their new
homes. She kept working on me, and by the time the kittens were weaned
she had convinced me that I was her hoomin.

In fact, by that time I had totally surrended, and when it came time
for the kittens to go to their forever homes her daughter had me
wrapped around her furry little paw, so Sammy stayed as well. Everyone
has that one special cat, and I guess Sammy is mine.

So, that's my crew. Rocky is still a mostly outside cat, only
consenting to spend the night inside when it's really cold out. Little
Bit is mainly inside, but she does stay out on nice days. She hasn't
spent the night outside since she moved in. She's better at
forecasting the weather than the local weathermen. If it's windy,
cold, hot or wet she prefers looking out through a window. Sammy is
strictly inside, though she does get to go out on for supervised
playtimes.

Welcome to the group,
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 1st 04, 07:34 AM
John Biltz

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:42:29 -0800, MarkNewbury wrote
(in message ):

Welcome, I've admired your pictures over in the binary group.

Old January 1st 04, 10:35 AM
Annie Wxill

"MarkNewbury" wrote in message
So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Peace,
Mark

Hey, guys,
It's another Mark!
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the group.
Annie, accompanied by Cinder and Rosie

Old January 1st 04, 12:03 PM
CK

Steve Touchstone wrote:
If
you can put up with all the pop-ups check out the FAQ at
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm

No popups whatsoever with Netscape 7.1 (or the IE-based AvantBrowser or
MyIE2, which also have popup-control).

But anyway, welcome to the group Mark. I'm Christine in Vantaa, Finland
(some 20-25 km north from Marina). Live with DH (= dear husband) Janne
and furry master Laku = licorice in Finnish, see the pics (addy's in my
sig) and you understand why...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Old January 1st 04, 03:22 PM
lrulan

hey, welcome to the group, Mark. I see your posts in the binaries group.
It's a nice bunch of people here, like a family, quarrels too sometimes, but
mostly love.
Jazz & his mama
--

Irulan