Hey Now! (First visit here) Holy Smokes! 40,000 messages??!!

Old January 1st 04, 03:22 PM
lrulan

hey, welcome to the group, Mark. I see your posts in the binaries group.
It's a nice bunch of people here, like a family, quarrels too sometimes, but
mostly love.
Jazz & his mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"MarkNewbury" wrote in message
Hey Now!

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.
The folks who built the great pyramids knew this thousands
of years before our current calendar even existed!

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

How on earth do you follow it?
I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Peace,
Mark

PS: THANX to Marina and billn for pointing this
group out to me! I would have never thought to look
in here. I had always assumed this was yet another
ghost group.

--

Have a look at a bunch more pic's in my WebShots Albums!
HTTP://COMMUNITY.WEBSHOTS.COM/USER/MARKNEWBURY

Old January 1st 04, 08:52 PM
Tanada

MarkNewbury wrote:

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.
The folks who built the great pyramids knew this thousands
of years before our current calendar even existed!

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

How on earth do you follow it?

Welcome Mark. 40,000 messages sounds about right. We just love our
owners and each other. Very few topics are OT (off topic), and we
consider ourselves a large pride owned and operated by our cats. As a
large pride, we HAVE to be able to communicate with each other, right?

Very few of those messages are from trolls. We have traditional ways to
take care of them. I'm proud to be one of the developers of the
Troll-Be-Que. Vicky (YOWIE) has set up the FAQ for this group at
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm it is very helpful when it
comes to understanding the strangeness of our members.

BTW, I hope you have a puckish sense of humor, so that we can have Three
Daves and Two Marks as our dirty old men with warped senses of humor.

Following this group takes some effort. One really needs to spend some
time on it every day, if at all possible. I was off for five days while
ill, earlier and had to wade through almost 2000 messages when I was
finally well enough to sit up for a while. I did it in batches. When
first starting out, it helps to mark all read and go on from there. You
miss some, but you start out with a better chance of catching and
staying caught up.

For what it's worth, I'm Pam S. I live in Fayetteville, NC, USA with my
husband, son, daughter, extended adoptive family, and nine cats. We
have a house full at all times. We also have a lot of fun. You'll find
all kinds and personalities in here. You'll also find a common thread
of caring for each other as well. You'll also want to use your file
feature and store recipes. We get some great ones in here.

Pam S.
Old January 1st 04, 10:02 PM
MarkNewbury

"Dan Mahoney"
wrote in message ...

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

Welcome to the group!

Thanx!

The number of messages is kind of staggering,
isn't it? I guess that's evidence of how crazily devoted
to our kitties we are.

Definitely!
Getting my first cat was voluntary and she went to curl up
on the greatest lap of them all a couple years ago. My current
feline friends just kinda happened over time to include 5 feral
tabbys. 2 orange males and their sister who is also the mother
of two, 6-7 month old kittens. One of the males we (myself and
neighbors) manages to grab to have neutered but the other male
(not as trusting as the first) isn't about to have anything to do
with being put in a cat carrier and going for ride in any car!
I value the skin on my arms and face too much to make another
attempt to grab him. ;-) I have to get together with neighbors
to plan to spay the mother and 2 kittens. One kitten is female
and is the one who now loves it when I go outside and sit down.
She leaps right up on my lap and purrs furiousy! The other one
is still VERY wary of humans. I don't think he(she?) would
hang around if there wasn't FOOD involved. I haven't gotten
a good enough look to tell the sex of that one. He(she) is a long
hair so it's impossible to tell.

Anyhow, I'm grateful to have them around! They're all well
fed and have a couple little shelters to go when the rain and
cold comes along. The funny thing is that they seem to prefer
an old plastic lined, 4' x 5' cardboard box over the 5' x 8' shelter
that I BUILT just for them! G

Thanx for the welcome!

Peace,
Mark

Dan

Have a look at a bunch more pic's in my WebShots Albums!
HTTP://COMMUNITY.WEBSHOTS.COM/USER/MARKNEWBURY

Joy to the world, to all the boys and girls.
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea,
Joy to you and me.........2004---- Forever!

Old January 1st 04, 10:28 PM
MarkNewbury

"Victor Martinez"
wrote in message ...

MarkNewbury wrote:

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.

Howdy Mark! Sounds like you'll fit right in...

Thanx!

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!

Yup... we're a talkative bunch over here...

How on earth do you follow it?

It takes some time, sometimes. I usually try to read the beginning of
all threads. If I have the time, I read most/all messages. If I'm in a
hurry, I skip through threads, etc. Do whatever works for you. We won't
be offended if you only write every so often, lots of folks are mostly
lurkers, but they're still members of our community.

Now that I take a closer look there isn't really too many post's
on any given day. I'm so used to binary groups I forget that
the message retention goes back ALOT farther in time with text
than with binaries.

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Greetings from Austin, Texas. Happy New Year!
You can see pictures of our crew he

and he http://home.austin.rr.com/lunamayaxoxo

How about you? Got any pictures to share?

You bet!! In my Webshots albums.
None of *me* but lots of others (including cats of course!) he
HTTP://COMMUNITY.WEBSHOTS.COM/USER/MARKNEWBURY
Pic's of my own departed cat and of all 5 of the ferals that
haunt my back yard. The albums are also a plus if you
happen to like the Grateful Dead, fractals and other trippy
type things! BG

I love the Grateful Dead and I'd like to answer a question that alot
of people ask themselves when they hear that a person is in to the
Grateful Dead. I don't take mind altering substances of any kind
(coffe and cigarettes not withstanding) ANY MORE EG This
includes alcohol. I figure that what I did when I did was enough
for a lifetime and any more would be like adding a few flurries to
the snow on the ground laid down by a blizzard the day before!
I feel that I have indeed, cought the "Eternal Buzz". My music,
computers, articles and books by Stephen Hawking and of course
CATS is all the brain stimulation I need! RBG

Thanx for the reply!

Peace,
Mark

Old January 1st 04, 10:39 PM
MarkNewbury

"Marina" wrote in message

"MarkNewbury" wrote
snip
Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

How on earth do you follow it?

I devote my life to it. ;o)

I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

snippety

PS: THANX to Marina and billn for pointing this
group out to me! I would have never thought to look
in here. I had always assumed this was yet another
ghost group.

You're welcome and welcome to the group.
Tell them about the kitties you are feeding!

LoL! I just did in the first 2 replies..
Ya know, if that story changes slightly every time I tell it,
it's because I may remember different details and because
my memory royally SUCKS! You'll find the reason for
that TOO within my first two replies. I compare my mind
to Windows95, it works well enough but it can get slowed
down by too much "multitasking" and it kinda freezes up
once in a while. ;-)

Thanx 4 the Welcome!

Peace,
Mark

Old January 1st 04, 10:39 PM
Yowie

"MarkNewbury" wrote in message
Hey Now!

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.
The folks who built the great pyramids knew this thousands
of years before our current calendar even existed!

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

Some people look at porn, others prefer to talk about cats. Both are
addictive :-)

How on earth do you follow it?

Time, patience, and the dedication of an addict....

I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

I"m Yowie (aka Vicky) who is owned by the grey b*st*rd c*t, Shmoggleberry. I
also share my life with Joel (husband) and a dopey but lovable mutt, Fluffy.
We all live 'just' south of Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Welcom to the group!

Yowie

Old January 1st 04, 10:51 PM
MarkNewbury

"Christine Burel"
wrote in message ...

"MarkNewbury" wrote in message

PS: THANX to Marina and billn for pointing this
group out to me! I would have never thought to look
in here. I had always assumed this was yet another
ghost group.

Welcome Mark -- I've seen some of your photos of your kitty community on

the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals group and they are gorgeous -- so glad you
found your way here. I'm owned by 5 kitties, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin

&
Tucker. Piccies at

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cfb...ltoo/my_photos

Beautiful cats! (as if there ever was a cat that *wasn't*!)
There's more of my own here. (if you haven't already visited)
HTTP://COMMUNITY.WEBSHOTS.COM/USER/MARKNEWBURY

Thanx for the greetings!

Peace,
Mark

---

Old January 1st 04, 11:16 PM
Shirley

"MarkNewbury" wrote in message
Hey Now!

Mark here and start with saying that NO other creatures on the

planet
are as beautiful as CATS! All cats big and small, tame or wild.
The folks who built the great pyramids knew this thousands
of years before our current calendar even existed!

Hi Mark

Next I say: HOLY SMOKES! 40,000 messages!??!!
I thought only binary porn groups had this many!

Can you imagine the noise if we all got together in RL g

How on earth do you follow it?
I haven't used my "Show replies to my messages" feature
in Outlook Express yet but if I'm going to join THIS group
I guess I'd better start!

So, Greetings from Watertown CT. U.S.A.........

Peace,
Mark

Greeting from me, Polly, Smudge and my ferals PB, Chocky, Domino,
Tuffty and Big Tabby.
--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old January 1st 04, 11:54 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:17:48 GMT, "Stacey"
wrote:

hey mark - that url didn't work

Stacey

snip
Beautiful cats! (as if there ever was a cat that *wasn't*!)
There's more of my own here. (if you haven't already visited)
HTTP://COMMUNITY.WEBSHOTS.COM/USER/MARKNEWBURY

Nope, didn't work for me either ;-((

But if you go through to webshots and look under Interests, click on
the cats you get LOTS of cat pix. I'm going to have to go back when I
have lots of time - it says there's over 287 thousand pix.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: