Scratching Posts

Old June 23rd 04, 05:31 PM
Larry Osborne

Default Scratching Posts

My cats share a scratching post that is going on 6 years. They have enjoyed
it for years but they have had the expected effect on the carpeting. If
anybody knows of sites showing on how to recover in carpet or replacing /
wrapping the uprights in rope/cord would they post them. Sites that offer
cat tree/condos would also be looked at. Certainly they could use something
taller, after all the current height is only 2+ feet which was great for
them as kittens for play and scratching but now it looks a bit strange when
they scratch and stretch now although they seem to enjoy semi-horizontal
stretching.

Larry Osborne

Old June 23rd 04, 05:50 PM
Karen

Do you have a Petco? Our petco here has very nice, inexpensive cat trees.
I'm really suprised at the durability and attractiveness of it. It is
usually Green duck or North American Pet. Really, more expensive than doing
it yourself but quick easy, durable and not anywhere as expensive as most
premade cat furniture.

Karen

Old June 23rd 04, 06:06 PM
CK

Larry Osborne wrote:
My cats share a scratching post that is going on 6 years. They have enjoyed
it for years but they have had the expected effect on the carpeting. If
anybody knows of sites showing on how to recover in carpet or replacing /
wrapping the uprights in rope/cord would they post them. Sites that offer
cat tree/condos would also be looked at. Certainly they could use something
taller, after all the current height is only 2+ feet which was great for
them as kittens for play and scratching but now it looks a bit strange when
they scratch and stretch now although they seem to enjoy semi-horizontal
stretching.

Larry Osborne

Here's a site with a few versions of DIY-cat trees:
http://www.amby.com/cat_site/declaw.html#build-it

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Laku: DS B G 4.11 Y L W C+ I+++ T++/- A+ E H+ S+ V++ F Q+ P- B PA PL

Old June 23rd 04, 06:41 PM
Mary

Certainly they could use something
taller, after all the current height is only 2+ feet which was great for
them as kittens for play and scratching but now it looks a bit strange when
they scratch and stretch now although they seem to enjoy semi-horizontal
stretching.

Larry Osborne

They have scratchy tee-pees that are semihorizontal. Below is one. I have one
that looks just like a tee-pee with solid sides. I have to put a weight on the
bottom to keep it from tipping over. I also wedged it under the armoir. I have
another scratchy tree next to the couch. I just put one end of the couch on the
base of the scratchy tree to keep it from going over
http://www.catmancatfurniture.com/page8.htm