It's been over a week

Old June 23rd 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Timmy

Default It's been over a week

My cat got her leg ran over 10 days ago.
It put a scab or scrape on her inner rear
leg.. its healing.. but as her leg was being
ran over, it cracked her back. The dr said
the spinal cord was not severed. she has
motion in both legs, and little tail movement.
She is on her last day of anti-biotics.
one more dose.
She had a shot of anti - inflamitory meds since she dont
do pills very well at all.
The thought of putting her down has crossed my mind.
However, I wanted to get some advice from any
of you out there that might have had this happen,
and the outcome. Has anyone had a cat recover
and walk and take care of her poopy after a cracked back?
Keep in mind, my cat hasnt ate since a week ago friday.
She drinks everyday. Today, she didnt drink much.
She rest ok. Last night.. she threw up some fluid..
it was off color. I dont know what it was.. ie.. blood or vial.
or just upset stomach?
At this moment, i am next to her.. her breathing is.. as far as i can
tell.. normal. she is sleeping. and i have seen her breath like this
before..
so i dont think its abnormal.. but i will keep my eye on that very closely.
I do however, hear a slight gurgle in her breathing.. possibly fluid
building up
in her lungs. She is sneezing trying to clear it out i guess.
In fact, she just woke up to sneeze it out..and it seems clearer now.
She was a very healthy cat when this happened.. and I contribute her
health on this day to that.
I need to know how to get her to eat anything.. or .. is this normal?
An injured cat wont eat. But when is it time to force her? is that
possible?
I dont have money to spend on all the treatments.. so I am totally looking
for home remedies.
I got neosporin for her scrape. and have her imobilized... *another sneeze*.
So, she hasant ate.. drinks little.. and its been 10 days. I can get her to
pur,
but on the other side.. her eyes dont look too happy right now. She tried
to walk.. but her rear legs seperated and she dragged her bottom about a
foot before her rear legs seperated, and she had to stop. I picked her up
and put her on the sofa with a garbage bag under a few towels.. she has to
pee where she is. There has been no off color urine. But like I
mentioned.. she did throw
up off color last night.
Thanks in adavance.
Tim

Old June 23rd 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Timmy, you have to get some food in her now, if it's not too late. Cats
cant handle not eating. It causes a terminal situation with the liver.

Spring for the vet. You may have to have her put to sleep at this stage,
sorry to say. Dont make her suffer.

Old June 23rd 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Tim,

Your cat is gravely ill, and she possibly has a lot of things going
on. PLEASE go to your vet IMMEDIATELY. At this stage, no home remedies
can help her. Like cshenk said, it may already be too late for her. A
cat not eating for 10 days is very, very dangerous. Generally, you
don't want a cat to go without food for longer than 24-48 hours or
something called fatty liver disease will start to happen. There are
other things you described (raspy breathing) that are serious too.

BTW, purring isn't always a sign of happiness. It can also mean the
cat is in pain or near to death. Please don't delay.
Old June 23rd 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rene S." wrote in message
Tim,

Your cat is gravely ill, and she possibly has a lot of things going
on. PLEASE go to your vet IMMEDIATELY. At this stage, no home remedies
can help her. Like cshenk said, it may already be too late for her. A
cat not eating for 10 days is very, very dangerous.

Rene, I would not get too upset over this. I don't think there is a cat.

Old June 23rd 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Rene S." wrote in message
Tim,

Your cat is gravely ill, and she possibly has a lot of things going
on. PLEASE go to your vet IMMEDIATELY. At this stage, no home remedies
can help her. Like cshenk said, it may already be too late for her. A
cat not eating for 10 days is very, very dangerous.

Rene, I would not get too upset over this. I don't think there is a cat.

Who knows if there is or not but 10 days and the idiot has not gone back to
the vet. WTF

Poor kitty if there is one for having an idiot master.

If there is a cat take the furball back to the vet. There is no such home
remedy for this

Old June 23rd 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Rene S." wrote in message
Tim,

Your cat is gravely ill, and she possibly has a lot of things going
on. PLEASE go to your vet IMMEDIATELY. At this stage, no home remedies
can help her. Like cshenk said, it may already be too late for her. A
cat not eating for 10 days is very, very dangerous.

Rene, I would not get too upset over this. I don't think there is a cat.

Yup. That OP stinks of troll - and it is summer, school is out.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 23rd 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
Yup. That OP stinks of troll - and it is summer, school is out.

Something about the TiMmY gave him away.

Old June 23rd 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:
"Rene S." wrote in message
Tim,

Your cat is gravely ill, and she possibly has a lot of things going
on. PLEASE go to your vet IMMEDIATELY. At this stage, no home remedies
can help her. Like cshenk said, it may already be too late for her. A
cat not eating for 10 days is very, very dangerous.

Rene, I would not get too upset over this. I don't think there is a cat.

My thoughts exactly.

Lame troll.
Old June 23rd 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

"Timmy" wrote in message
[...]

If this is a real plea for help and not a troll then your cat is so badly
wounded that keeping her alive now is wrong. She may have had a chance with
intense treatemnt by a qualified vet. Fluid in the lungs is the last word
on this, it is a death sentence. If you are not messing with us, then you
need to have your cat seen by a vet and be prepared to have her put down.
As somebody else stated, purring is a sign of pain as well as pleasure. I
would expect intense pain from an injury as you described. Not eating for
10 days is very bad and leads to fatty liver disease which can be lethal.
Your home treatment just is not going to work. I hope you do the right
thing and get her to a vet ASAP.

Paul

Old June 24th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 23 Jun 2008 05:24:00p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:g3p499$39m$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

"CatNipped" wrote
Yup. That OP stinks of troll - and it is summer, school is out.

Something about the TiMmY gave him away.

I know. But it isn't a troll. Fake nym, but not a troll.

I would have known it if Buzz had not posted in such a trollish way. Damn
trolls. I am really sorry about Patches.

--
Cheryl