Vandal!!!

Old November 24th 05, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Vandal!!!

I heard a noise last night-- obviously ca-generated noise, so I wasn't
afraid to investigate. I was astonished to find the kitchen garbage
pail turned over and who rummaging through it??? NOT Dante!

No, my good boy was rifling through the garbage, looking for something
in particular. Amidst much rustling, he dragged it out. I couldn't
imagine what could have prompted this-- he hasn't gone into the
garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy treasure could he be so
single-mindedly seeking?

It was the empty bag from the pre-seasoned stuffing I had used last
night to make the stuffing for today.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 24th 05, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I have had the cats locked in their room since last night they are not
happy what so ever. I got tired of chasing them out of the kitchen. They
are tag team devils one distract you and the other 5 pounce I lost a whole
ham that way before. Every seen 4 firballs work together and carry off a 10
lb ham.
They are doing their best to rip the door off its frame but who can blame
them

ham, turkey, cheese cooking nearby and the clam bake that the whole
neighborhood can smell and the fire department and police department have
already stopped by to see what was cooking. Lucky they are my friends I
can bribe them

Happy Thanksgiving

Old November 24th 05, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
I heard a noise last night-- obviously ca-generated noise, so I wasn't
afraid to investigate. I was astonished to find the kitchen garbage
pail turned over and who rummaging through it??? NOT Dante!

No, my good boy was rifling through the garbage, looking for something
in particular. Amidst much rustling, he dragged it out. I couldn't
imagine what could have prompted this-- he hasn't gone into the
garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy treasure could he be so
single-mindedly seeking?

It was the empty bag from the pre-seasoned stuffing I had used last
night to make the stuffing for today.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Ooooh! Stinky likes stuffing crumbs! Persia is always after me for
crackers and toast and bread and the like. Goes so far as to try to bat
them out of my hand. Remember when I had to do the Heimlich on her when she
grabbed a bit of melba toast from me and started choking? Yikes!

Jill

Old November 24th 05, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

I heard a noise last night-- obviously ca-generated noise, so I wasn't
afraid to investigate. I was astonished to find the kitchen garbage
pail turned over and who rummaging through it??? NOT Dante!

No, my good boy was rifling through the garbage, looking for something
in particular. Amidst much rustling, he dragged it out. I couldn't
imagine what could have prompted this-- he hasn't gone into the
garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy treasure could he be so
single-mindedly seeking?

It was the empty bag from the pre-seasoned stuffing I had used last
night to make the stuffing for today.

LOL!

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 24th 05, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:50:47 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Stinky likes crackers, toast and bread, but I think the clincher here
was the smell of the seasoning. Garlic and herbs are almost like
catnip to him. He also loves butter.

When he was still a hoolikitten, my mother was toasting bagels, and
had just sliced and buttered one, and turned away. When she turned
back, Stinky was marching away with half the bagel sticking out of his
mouth.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 24th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I couldn't
imagine what could have prompted this-- he hasn't gone into the
garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy treasure could he be so
single-mindedly seeking?

LOL!

We have an awful time when we have lobsters. There are so many little
bits of shell that smell ever so delightfully of seafood....

--Fil

Old November 24th 05, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
I heard a noise last night-- obviously ca-generated noise, so I wasn't
afraid to investigate. I was astonished to find the kitchen garbage
pail turned over and who rummaging through it??? NOT Dante!

No, my good boy was rifling through the garbage, looking for something
in particular. Amidst much rustling, he dragged it out. I couldn't
imagine what could have prompted this-- he hasn't gone into the
garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy treasure could he be so
single-mindedly seeking?

Heh. Once a trash-digger, always a trash-digger. BTW, trash-digging is
a learned behavior. Frank is an incurable trash-digger (always after we
go to bed, of course). My daughter's cats had *never* turned over the
trash until Frank stayed with them for a couple of weeks while I was in
the hospital. Now all her cats are trash-diggers too.

Sherry

Old November 25th 05, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL! My Punkin seriously loves Ritz crackers. Last night she got
ahold of a slice of my pizza and shoved the toppings aside so she could
attack the crust!

-PatM

Old November 25th 05, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 24 Nov 2005 17:00:51 -0800, "PatM"
yodeled:

LOL! My Punkin seriously loves Ritz crackers. Last night she got
ahold of a slice of my pizza and shoved the toppings aside so she could
attack the crust!

-PatM

Oh, pizza. Pizza is an excuse for a real rumble around here.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War