cat poops on bed

Old May 28th 05, 01:41 PM
tippks009 tippks009 is offline
Junior Member

Arrow cat poops on bed

hi,
my cat poops on my parents bed a lot. he doesnt do it on anybody elses bed which is weird b/c his litter box is in my bedroom so i thought he do it on my bed, but no. sometimes it may be b/c i have my door shut and he can't get in to his litter box. but then other times, my door will be wide open and he stills goes into my parents' room. my mom thinks that it is b/c the litter box needs dumped, but sometimes when he does it i have just cleaned it out earlier that day. please help....or my mom will make me get rid of him. thank you.
Old May 28th 05, 07:32 PM

When I first got Dillon, he pooed on the settee for 3 months! I was at
the end of my tether. He had been bred in a home where the litter trays
were left dirty and he got used to going on their towels on the floor
(the woman had warned me of this). I started by shouting at him, which
I have found to this day, makes Dillon be naughty even more, and then
didnt mention it when he did it on the settee, but really praised him
when he did it in the litter tray and gave him a treat, it worked in
the end, but I had to be very patient.

Also, you need to be consistent with the litter tray, its no good
having the door closed sometimes to your bedroom where the tray is, he
must always have access to his tray.

Best Wishes
Chris

Old May 28th 05, 07:40 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
When I first got Dillon, he pooed on the settee for 3 months! I was at
the end of my tether. He had been bred in a home where the litter trays
were left dirty and he got used to going on their towels on the floor
(the woman had warned me of this). I started by shouting at him, which
I have found to this day, makes Dillon be naughty even more

This is a good lesson to learn early. We discovered that Buddha,
when yelled at, will pee on the object she is being yelled at ABOUT,
and will generally wait until you are on or looking at the object
to do so, just in case there is any doubt in your mind about WHY
she is peeing there.

Old May 28th 05, 08:01 PM
---MIKE---

You may need a second litter box. Put it in your parent's room.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 28th 05, 08:48 PM
Philip

tippks009 wrote:
hi,
my cat poops on my parents bed a lot. he doesnt do it on anybody elses
bed which is weird b/c his litter box is in my bedroom so i thought he
do it on my bed, but no. sometimes it may be b/c i have my door shut
and he can't get in to his litter box. but then other times, my door
will be wide open and he stills goes into my parents' room. my mom
thinks that it is b/c the litter box needs dumped, but sometimes when
he does it i have just cleaned it out earlier that day. please
help....or my mom will make me get rid of him. thank you.

You keep a litterbox in your BEDROOM? YUCK. You must be an adolescent. A
litter box must ALWAYS be available, in a place the cat feels safe and, a
bit private.

Old May 28th 05, 08:48 PM
Philip

---MIKE--- wrote:
You may need a second litter box. Put it in your parent's room.

---MIKE---

Bull pucky.

Old May 28th 05, 09:06 PM
Alison

"Mary" wrote in message

This is a good lesson to learn early. We discovered that Buddha,
when yelled at, will pee on the object she is being yelled at ABOUT,
and will generally wait until you are on or looking at the object
to do so, just in case there is any doubt in your mind about WHY
she is peeing there.

You yelled at your cat ???

Old May 28th 05, 09:07 PM
bigbadbarry

--
tippks009

Look, if I can't be honest, what good am I.

I think your Mom is doing something behind your back to the cat.

Truth be told? The cat is getting even.

Im not trying to put a devil on your shoulder and create friction
between you and your mom..but think about it..you say..he doesn't do
that to no-one else.

Old May 28th 05, 09:13 PM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...
tippks009 wrote:
hi,
my cat poops on my parents bed a lot. he doesnt do it on anybody elses
bed which is weird b/c his litter box is in my bedroom so i thought he
do it on my bed, but no. sometimes it may be b/c i have my door shut
and he can't get in to his litter box. but then other times, my door
will be wide open and he stills goes into my parents' room. my mom
thinks that it is b/c the litter box needs dumped, but sometimes when
he does it i have just cleaned it out earlier that day. please
help....or my mom will make me get rid of him. thank you.

You keep a litterbox in your BEDROOM? YUCK. You must be an adolescent.

litter box must ALWAYS be available, in a place the cat feels safe and, a
bit private.

You're stupid, Phillip. I keep a litter box in my bedroom mostly
because that is exactly where both cats feel safest. There is no "yuck"
involved when you keep them clean. What, is your bedroom 6'X 8'?