I think they're forgiving me

Old October 8th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I think they're forgiving me

Today was Advantage day. There's been altogther too much itching and
scratching around here, so I decided they needed some help. Nobody
likes getting it, but wow, Licky really, really hates it! I have to
bring him into the bathroom with me and close the door so he can't
run away. The minute I set him down, he started hollering as though
I were torturing him, the poor thing! No wonder I put this off
for too long - Licky's yowls are so heart-wrenching.

But I can be thankful for short feline attention spans. Licky is
now mewing sweetly for my attention again, as though nothing was
amiss today.

To be honest, I was sort of hoping for a longer cold-shoulder. Cuddling
with them isn't any fun when they're giving off wafts of insecticide.

Joyce

Old October 8th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

wrote in message
Today was Advantage day. There's been altogther too much itching and
scratching around here, so I decided they needed some help. Nobody
likes getting it, but wow, Licky really, really hates it! I have to
bring him into the bathroom with me and close the door so he can't
run away. The minute I set him down, he started hollering as though
I were torturing him, the poor thing! No wonder I put this off
for too long - Licky's yowls are so heart-wrenching.

But I can be thankful for short feline attention spans. Licky is
now mewing sweetly for my attention again, as though nothing was
amiss today.

To be honest, I was sort of hoping for a longer cold-shoulder. Cuddling
with them isn't any fun when they're giving off wafts of insecticide.

Joyce

Well, they're concerned that you should be bug-free, too.

Old October 8th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

wrote in message
Today was Advantage day. There's been altogther too much itching and
scratching around here, so I decided they needed some help. Nobody
likes getting it, but wow, Licky really, really hates it! I have to
bring him into the bathroom with me and close the door so he can't
run away. The minute I set him down, he started hollering as though
I were torturing him, the poor thing! No wonder I put this off
for too long - Licky's yowls are so heart-wrenching.

But I can be thankful for short feline attention spans. Licky is
now mewing sweetly for my attention again, as though nothing was
amiss today.

To be honest, I was sort of hoping for a longer cold-shoulder. Cuddling
with them isn't any fun when they're giving off wafts of insecticide.

Advantage day here too. I can't smell it, and I've got it on my hands and
can't feel it. But it does remove paint and acrylic nails so there has to
be something to the furkids reaction. I can usually get one, but they the
other two head for the hills.

Still better for them that other products for fleas, or than the fleas
themselves that come with their own host of problems.

I do try for other flea control here. In the summer it is too hot and dry
for them, and soon it will be too cool outside. But with big outdoor dogs
in the next yards, they will come through after outs.

Jo

Old October 8th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

On 08 Oct 2007 06:07:49 GMT, wrote:

Today was Advantage day. There's been altogther too much itching and
scratching around here, so I decided they needed some help. Nobody
likes getting it, but wow, Licky really, really hates it!

He isn't sensitive/allergic to the chemicals is he? If he is, it might
physically hurt him to put the stuff on, which of course would make
him hate it.

That's a good thing to consider. But he seemed to recover from it very
quickly, and has since been acting like nothing is unusual. I really
think he just freaks out at having someone "do something" to him that
he doesn't understand. It's his feral nature coming out, despite his
having been largely domesticated. As you know, he's very easily spooked
even in the best of circumstances. To have me, the person he trusts
the most (which still isn't saying much) come at him with a syringe of
smelly stuff, grab him, and do something weird to the back of his neck,
I think is too much for his anxious nature. Poor boy!

How else would I know whether he's allergic to the chemicals? What
other symptoms should I look for? He really doesn't seem uncomfortable
in any way, and hasn't since he got over the terror of having his
human suddenly turn into a monster.

Joyce
Old October 9th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 08 Oct 2007 20:45:51 GMT, wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

On 08 Oct 2007 06:07:49 GMT,
wrote:

[...]

I'd expect there to be visible signs of it affecting his skin in that
area - I knew a cat who was allergic to his flea treatment and the
poor baby got a big patch of dermatitis on the back of his neck where
the medicine was put.
He probably just hates being 'messed with'... Scouty acts like she
thinks she's being murdered every time we clip her claws, even thoug
she ought to know by now that we are NOT GOING TO HURT HER!