Created a (meece) monster!

Old October 8th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

Default Created a (meece) monster!

Well! I never thought our 3-legged Gracie would do very well catching
ONE mouse..... The first couple were small...young...and she gifted
them to me on my bed. Sweet. I lost count at 7! We'd sealed off all
the holes and I bought new traps, but Gracie seems to have made it her
exclusive goal to wreak havic on their colony this week, so we're
letting her handle it. Did I mention she wears a bell? I did let her
nails grow (ouchouchouch) to give her an edge. That WON'T be a
permanent thing! I wasn't actually...um...aware that we had THAT many
mice around here.

Yes, am working on pictures but not done with the roll yet.

PatM

Old October 8th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-10-08 00:13:49 -0500, PatM said:

Well! I never thought our 3-legged Gracie would do very well catching
ONE mouse..... The first couple were small...young...and she gifted
them to me on my bed. Sweet. I lost count at 7! We'd sealed off all
the holes and I bought new traps, but Gracie seems to have made it her
exclusive goal to wreak havic on their colony this week, so we're
letting her handle it. Did I mention she wears a bell? I did let her
nails grow (ouchouchouch) to give her an edge. That WON'T be a
permanent thing! I wasn't actually...um...aware that we had THAT many
mice around here.

Yes, am working on pictures but not done with the roll yet.

PatM

Whoa. Well, you can sure be certain you are safe! (I don't think
missing legs slow them down much). She must feel like a kid in a candy
store.

Old October 8th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"PatM" wrote in message
ps.com...
Well! I never thought our 3-legged Gracie would do very well catching
ONE mouse..... The first couple were small...young...and she gifted
them to me on my bed. Sweet. I lost count at 7! We'd sealed off all
the holes and I bought new traps, but Gracie seems to have made it her
exclusive goal to wreak havic on their colony this week, so we're
letting her handle it. Did I mention she wears a bell? I did let her
nails grow (ouchouchouch) to give her an edge. That WON'T be a
permanent thing! I wasn't actually...um...aware that we had THAT many
mice around here.

Yes, am working on pictures but not done with the roll yet.

PatM

Something similar happened with Stinky a couple of years ago. He just
seemed to discover The Mouse Dispenser in the basement, and was coming up
with at least a mouse a day, sometimes more. The mice were there, so he
really honed his abilities and got really accomplished at catching them. It
was like a Perfect Rodent Storm. It made my mom absolutely nuts. When we
stuffed the holes and other openings, the party ended.

Old October 8th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

PatM wrote:

Well! I never thought our 3-legged Gracie would do very well catching
ONE mouse..... The first couple were small...young...and she gifted
them to me on my bed. Sweet. I lost count at 7! We'd sealed off all
the holes and I bought new traps, but Gracie seems to have made it her
exclusive goal to wreak havic on their colony this week, so we're
letting her handle it. Did I mention she wears a bell? I did let her
nails grow (ouchouchouch) to give her an edge. That WON'T be a
permanent thing! I wasn't actually...um...aware that we had THAT many
mice around here.

A bell does no good at all! When I was growing up, I had a
cat who did his best to decimate the local robin population,
single pawed. I DID put a bell on him - on a ribbon, which
had more slack than a collar. I watched him stalk a robin
one day - he moved so smoothly the bell didn't once make a
sound - until he pounced, of course, but by then it was too
late!
Old October 8th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana drtmuiratearthlink.net wrote:

Something similar happened with Stinky a couple of years ago. He just
seemed to discover The Mouse Dispenser in the basement, and was coming up
with at least a mouse a day, sometimes more. The mice were there, so he
really honed his abilities and got really accomplished at catching them. It
was like a Perfect Rodent Storm. It made my mom absolutely nuts. When we
stuffed the holes and other openings, the party ended.

Poor Stinky! You took away his fun. And it really sounds like he knows
how to make himself useful, as well as ornamental.

(A friend of mine drove an ice cream truck one summer, and heard a
woman say to her child, while asking the kid to go home and get some
change to buy the ice cream, "Make yourself useful as well as
ornamental." This became an oft-repeated phrase among my circle for
a long time afterward.)

Joyce
Old October 8th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

oops I thought that was in the child rearing book, along with "I brought you
into this world, I can, if neessary, take you out."