A bootiful afternoon in Burgundy...

Old February 8th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default A bootiful afternoon in Burgundy...

Just then three orange an white boy kitties whiz across the deck and
screeeech to a halt, claws scrabbling wildly and tails afluff, almost on top
of the other kitties. 'Can we play too' mews Garfield, 'Mew me too' mews
Moe, his nearly identical brother. Tigger, slightly bigger and lighter in
colour than his brothers, sits up and pretends to be dignified and grownup,
even though he is dying with curiosity about the two ships cat kitties.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
now all we hasta do iz fin rosco, Stormmee, stopping to rest anna luk fur
drink
Ranger Greykitten Mahoney wrote in message
news
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:16:34 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

yeah come on, I likez you lotz anna yourown name iz kule like mine anna
rangerz, Stormmee, lookin arownd fur da 2 ship kittenz

[As Ranger and Stormee run across the deck and around the deckhouse, they
notice a complete absence of other kitties on deck. After they complete a
full circuit around the barge, they finally see the other two kittens
slowly and cautiously peeking out from under a hatch cover. Seeing no
adult cats watching them, the two kittens climb out from under the hatch
cover, leap onto the roof of the deck house, and fly over Ranger and
Stormee, laughing merrily. Ranger and Stormee give chase.

To a casual observer, it almost appears as if there are a dozen kittens
scampering over the deck, but it's just Jacques, Mimi, Stormee, and
Ranger. They find numerous rails, covers, roofs, and boxes to jump onto
and off of, and spend more time with flying than with paws in contact
with the deck.]

Old February 8th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

'Aah what a beyyoootiful day' Jasmine steps out onto the deck, with Cougar
following at a respektful distance, sniffing around just in case there's any
food. Mango stalks behind them with a magnificent effort at dignity, until
he sees the kittens, and promptly starts stalking them, pouncing on Moe and
rolling him over, then sitting up and washing his paws in acse of dust.
'What are you all doin? I'm mango. Anyfing nise to eet?'
Jasmine and Cougar are talking to the waiter, 'what wud you two lovely
mademoiselles lik fur petit dejeuner?' 'Petit what? what did he call me?'
spits cougar nervously. 'Shhh silly,' Jasmine looks at her sternly, 'It's
French. I will have the Continental Breakfast thankyou. we mature ladies
must watch our figure you know' 'OOh that Merican Brekfist looks reely nise'
says Cougar enthusiastically licking her chops, 'I'll have wun uf thos! A
bigbig one plees!!' 'You'r a pig' says Jasmine in disgust, going to find
more refined company. 'Whats a pig?' Cougar replies greedily, 'Can you eet
it?'
"Stormmee" wrote in message
Tiger iz inna gud mood kuz he iz hafin a loferly time... I lukz furwurd ta
alla fud inna world, Tiger
Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote in message

Our well-rested kitties begin to stir as they feel the gentle lapping
of water against the boat, and yawn to the sun streaming in their
cabins. Over the loudspeaker the captain announces: "Bonjour mes amis,
we are again sailing headed for zee luffly village of Gissey in zee
Côte d'Or where some of France's best Premier and Grand Cru wines are
made. We weel be mooring in Gissey early in zee afternoon zo zat we
can haff zee menu de degustation as well as zee degustation ov many
wines at zee chateau La Pousee d'or - pleeze plan for zee long lunch.
We, ov cawz are now serfink zee traditional French breakfast ov
croissants an cafe au lait, or zee American breakfast az eech kitty
wishes. Breakfast eez serfed eizer on zee opsurfation dekk or in zee
dinink room. Bon appetite!"

Anaïs smooches Tiger and they walk up to the observation deck
side-by-side and sit on a cushion, watching the forests and canal
villages of the Ouche valley slowly breeze by. A waiter sets their
coffee and croissants in front of them as they wave "good morning" to
the other kitties. Inspector Clouseau, and then the Countess walk up:
"Ahh may we share a cushion wif you two?" and sit with Tiger and
Anaïs. "Ummm, but I am looking forward to zee lunch." the Inspector
says to the Countess.
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
2/7/2006 1:14:58 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net

Old February 8th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:11:31 +0000, meee wrote:

Just then three orange an white boy kitties whiz across the deck and
screeeech to a halt, claws scrabbling wildly and tails afluff, almost on top
of the other kitties. 'Can we play too' mews Garfield, 'Mew me too' mews
Moe, his nearly identical brother. Tigger, slightly bigger and lighter in
colour than his brothers, sits up and pretends to be dignified and grownup,
even though he is dying with curiosity about the two ships cat kitties.

Da more playkittens da betterer! Come on and play wif usses.

[Ranger produces a big bag full of catnip mouses, fluffy balls, crinkly
balls, and other toys, and dumps them all on the deck.]

Hep yourselves!

See doze two liddle tiny kittens over dere, tearing apart da pretty
banner? Dey is Jacques and Mime. Dere Pawcat works on da boat we is ridin
on. And dey plays a LOT!

Ranger

Old February 8th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Stormmee runz ofur to the kittenz, she smakz da dignifiedy one anna purrz
lowdly, stop dat, you haz purlnti of time to do dat when you iz an owlde
cat, letz play anna luk fur rozco, Stormmee, assuming da role of ringleeder

Old February 8th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Hi mango, stop dat dignifiedy stuffz we iz herta play anna der iza kitten
buffett ofur der, anna lukit, da bigz anna owlde catz cant getit, Stormmee,
seeing a siameze fur da furztest time, hey mine soft sayed i iza siameze
inna grey stripez, we duzint luk anithin alike, ... ceptin mine tail iz long
like yourown... anna owr earz iz sinilar... anna you haza slinki bodi... She
stops, 'scuze can minesef touch yourown furz? Stormmee more polite than
uzual

Old February 9th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

The morning passes as the barge leisurely down the canal; it is
almost lunchtime, and the village of Gissey becomes visible. Over the
loudspeaker the captain's voice is heard: "Bon joor, kitteez, we weel
be docking in Gissey momentarily, and een fifteen minitz, zee bus will
take usses to La Poussey D'Or for zee lunch and zee wine tastink. Zank
you and I weel see yourownselves on zee bus!"

Tiger says to TV "Well, letz go down and get dressed", and most all
of the other kitties go to their staterooms. Anaïs and Cleopatra
linger for a minute or two...

As the barge pulls into the slip, a car catches Anaïs' eye - a regal
looking Rolls-Royce from the 50s in dark brown and polished to
perfection. The rear windows are darkened, but in front sits a
kitty-chauffeur. As the deck-hands tie the barge, the chauffeur
beckons to them. They approach, and speak with him; he puts a few
toonas in their paws. One goes back to the barge, and returns with a
hand-truck, while the other pulls a large, black leather trunk out of
the Rolls. Not any trunk, mind you, but an old-fashioned one, as tall
as a cat on its hind legs, with drawers and compartments aplenty. Both
ship's hands push it to the barge and take it below.

Suddenly, the rear door opens and a dark figure in a dark brown cape
swiftly exits and walks quickly to the barge. A breeze opens the cape
momentarily, and Anaïs and Cleo catch a glimpse of a lean and agile
cat, with deep, dark brown fur and a flash of blue-green eyes before
he closes the cape again, and disappears into the barge.

"Wow!" says Anaïs, as she and Cleo go below to get ready for lunch.
"Dat wuz sumfin'! Dat wuz a Havana Brown kitty - a reely rare breed of
cat. I rembfur dem frum wen I was a show-kitty. Whaddya fink ov dat?"
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
2/8/2006 8:01:29 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old February 9th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:
[...]

-- -- -- -- --

Pitoonya comes up on deck from the single gurlz suite
O0oo I yam sooo hungurree!
I dun't kno weddur tu hav brekkyfazt ur waye furr luntsh...
Maybee juz uh smawl ordur ov ham n eg, wiff uh latte, den
tu get on da bus furr uh leesurlee luntsh at da Gowlden
Kittee.

Pitoonya AKA Sweetee

Old February 9th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Pitoonya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message

Pitoonya comes up on deck from the single gurlz suite
O0oo I yam sooo hungurree!
I dun't kno weddur tu hav brekkyfazt ur waye furr luntsh...
Maybee juz uh smawl ordur ov ham n eg, wiff uh latte, den
tu get on da bus furr uh leesurlee luntsh at da Gowlden
Kittee.

Pitoonya AKA Sweetee

[Sundance comes up on deck as well, yawning.]

Pitoonya! Gudgud mornin to yurownself! I missed yoo wile I wuz sleepin.
Pleez scooz me fur yawnin: Meowmie alwaze sez she likez to see my big mouf,
but I kno yawnin iz sumtimez catsidered rood. Howz abowt makin dat a double
order an I will share it wif yoo?

Did yoo hav enuf blanKITZ to keep warm?

Sundance, trying to talk more grown-up-like

Old February 9th 06, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Tiger stops stormmee, takes herself aside, I willz 'low you ta pick, duz you
wanna go onna tour or stay onna boat... Stormmee thinkz, I wuuld purfur ta
stay here ifin itz ok... Den you go to your room anna you kan haf friendz in
anna order rum serfize, anna you kan invite offer kittenz fur lunx efin da
two shipkittenz butted please stay in YOUR rum, stay out of Trudi and BK's
rum anna don't kauze a 'strbanze or i wll make you gon efury ofur xcurzin,
Tiger, firmly.... Sure I will... Stormmee... lookin innocint 'cept fur doze
crossed pawz...