If we ever needed purrs

Old February 23rd 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default When did I shoot the albatross?? (Probably a bit long)

I have a friend who just went through what you are doing. Dentist said
tooth was rotten on the inside. The antibiotics stopped the pain, she went
out eat with a friend and broke the tooth off at the gumline. You know how
hard it was to find a dentist at 11:30 at night.
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 10:05 am, "Adrian" wrote:

I would have it out, much less trouble in the long run and you'll soon get
used to not having it. Whatever you decide purrs for the pain to go.

It doesn't now hurt at all, which is why I think it can be saved. Even
yesterday after the first dose of antibiotic it settled to the point
where I only needed two painkillers all day (And the second I took
just before going to bed as a precaution) and today I only took one
which again was more because it started to feel a bit sore than I
needed it and was hours ago at this moment, it doesn't hurt at all
even if I bite down on it
And I suppose the other thing that worries me is how did it get
infected? A year ago I had it filled and as I say on Thursday the
dentist couldn't see any sign that it was rotten on the outside so
it's not down to a filling cracking. I can't help but wonder whether
the dentist didn't do a good enough job on cleaning anything rotten
away thus trapping the infection under the filling-this is not
something you want to think about when that dentist will be the person
to take it out/do the root canal work

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 23rd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 23, 11:09*am, "Granby" wrote:
I have a friend who just went through what you are doing. *Dentist said
tooth was rotten on the inside. The antibiotics stopped the pain, she went
out eat with a friend and broke the tooth off at the gumline. *You know how
hard it was to find a dentist at 11:30 at night."

I really need that! Yes that's a consideration- I suppose what I
really need to do is go back and talk to my dentist and say 1. Are
you prepared to do root canal work? (I know they do crowns and under
the new rules you pay the same for one or twenty crowns and I need
another crown done)
2.If not are you prepared to take the steps to make sure things don't
get any worse i.e. denerve the tooth and put a temporary filling in
(preferably in my experience medicated) and refer me to someone who
will do it
3 If you are prepared to do it then how many sessions and how much?

The truth is I really can't just make an appointment to have a tooth
out. It doesn't hurt much but the feeling .........just thinking about
it makes me feel sick

Dave just started to play an Alice Cooper gig but when they started
"Bitter Sweet" he turned it off out of sheer terror of what I might do
involving his 22" monitor and his rear end

Old February 23rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I'm sorry, I didn't say that to make you feel worse. It is just that doing
nothing can make it worse. She considered the root canal thing but the cost
and no guarantee did not make it a good choice either. No one is more
disliking of a Dentist than I. All good wishes for whatever you decide and,
here is hoping it turns out as you wish.

Old February 24th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:38 am, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Marina wrote a parody of the Rime,

Marina is a genius! That was seriously funny!

*cough, cough* *blush* thank you, lesley, glad you enjoyed it. i wish
inspiration like that would hit me more often.

Just what I needed as
you can imagine I am really feeling more than a bit low what with the
foot, the tooth and the ongoing "what about Dave's foot" waiting for
my poor niece to pop, the spectre of Dave's parents in the background
etc etc and this really cheered me up1

we're always sending purrs your way, even though i may not always post
them.

Old February 24th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 23, 2:11*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't say that to make you feel worse. *It is just that doing
nothing can make it worse.

I know that I mean today it doesn't hurt at all taken no painkillers
and I tucked into a steak pasty with no problem even chewing on that
side but I know something will need to be done. Still nothing can be
done until Wednesday at the earliest because I have to finish the
antibiotics and I'm more worried about my niece who is due to have her
baby Thursday (whether the baby wants to be born or not!) and the
dentist did say if it settled down well when I started the
antibiotics , which it did I can even safely wait for another week or
so

*She considered the root canal thing but the cost
and no guarantee did not make it a good choice either.

With me- time may be the problem. My boss is not so sympathetic as to
ignore my taking time off to go the dentist even if I arrange early or
late appointments they have to come out of annual leave or I have to
take unpaid leave. I had one days leave left and I have already had to
take half of that to go last Thursday and if I go back between now and
the 1st of April that's the other half day lost unless I lose the pay
and with what may be a large dental bill I don't want to do that. One
option may have to be to change my dentist- there's one who works at
the hospital a couple of days a week so I could just have my lunch
hour at some odd time and pop over to his clinic there can't be too
many sessions in a dental chair that last a whole hour! I'll be sad to
say goodbye to Beata and her merry gang but the reason I used them in
the first place (apart from the fact they were accepting NHS patients)
was they're a short walk from where I used to work so I could book in
for 9.00 and be at my desk at 9.30 or pop in to see them after work or
even go in my break so I was able to get everything done without
losing annual leave. Now I'm over an hour away from them from home and
half an hour from work

(I'm bracing myself! The phone in the living room just rang and Dave
picked it up and has just said "Hi, mum"- another crisis)

(Yep another crisis! Dad's taken a turn for the worse and they need to
get the doctor in. That'll be Tuesday as mum has booked a dial a ride
tomorrow to go and get some shopping done)

Anyway I suppose I do have a few days to think about it (or not as I
can't do anything just yet)

Unless we are talking several hundred pounds then cost is not really
the problem, Okay it;s an unexpected expense and I daresay I am
looking at a couple of hundred pounds but as there will be more than 1
appointment I can spread it with my credit card over a couple of
months so it won't hurt my wallet too much (my jaw is another matter)

*No one is more
disliking of a Dentist than I. *

Try Dave. In the almost 30 years we've been together he's never been!
His theory (and I have had heard the same from a couple of other
people) is dentists cause toothache. They wouldn't make money if you
went along and walked out with nothing needing done, he says, so they
always find something and of course once the tooth is weakened by
being drilled then you're on an endless merry go round of more work
until they can't possibly do anything else at which point you're
advised to have it out (and probably have to have it out) then they
can start trying to sell you implants!

What this theory actually hides, of course, is that Dave is terrified
of dentists, Our relationship has survived a lot of things but I don't
think it would survive his having to go to the dentist...

He's been blessed with even teeth with clear gaps and as a result his
only dental drama in all the time I have known was when one of his
milk teeth fell out- no fuss at all, he said it felt loose and the
next thing it dropped out with no pain or bleeding. He was 35 at the
time but apparently people can keep milk teeth for a long time indeed
I have 3 at the front myself where the adult tooth never developed so
with nothing to push them out the milk teeth have stayed in place and
are sound. (make sense of this if you can- my front teeth are
overcrowded lots of hard to reach with a toothbrush bits and all are
sound but my back teeth where there are less hard to reach spaces are
the one's that give me trouble)

So he bounces around with completely pain free teeth and I suffer and
he says it proves the best way to have healthy teeth is to never go
near a dentist!

It's not fair! If I were a nastier person I;d be wishing just a small
toothache on him! Then again it'd be like my suffering with hayfever,
I don't get hayfever he does and I suffer!

Old March 2nd 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Win some lose some

Another week...

My tooth settled down to the point where I do have a little breathing
space to consider my options- I don't take antibiotics unless I have
to so they kicked in spendidly and it hasn't given me grief for a
week....okay I know I am putting the have it out/root canal decision
off but after just lately I wanted to have a week at work without any
big considerations and I had quite a good one - I passed my NVQ and my
niece has been delivered of a healthy (just short of 9 pounds - is
that good? Seems to be- since I shudder at the merest thought of
having children I don't know if it is or not) baby girl- no name yet-
it took niece and her partner 2 weeks last time to decide on not
referring to the baby as "baby" anymore and name her Paige, which I
don't like and neither does Paul (her dad) but as he said after Adele
was in labour 35 hours "She can call the baby what she wants- she's
earned it"

Of course this means (unless my niece learnt from the last time
"Support her head!" "What? Four month old kiitens can support their
own heads!") I may have to hold a baby- neither of us are looking
forward to that!

So I did have a good week at work

And finally out of the blue (or was it Dave complaining?) the district
nurses reappeared..in the form of the "lovely" Cecilia...she says they
tried to call in the last 6 weeks....but got no answer. She's even
written in the notes (left where I can find them) that they tried and
even called the GP who hadn't heard from us....Apart from that Sunday
night 4 weeks ago when I busted my foot Dave hasn't been out so he
would have got a call and anyway they told him they would be round on
a Thursday he waited in for them and there is no explanation of the
times when I called them and get told they would be round the next day
and weren't (this happened 5 times!).

And of course it's Cecelia- calling to tell Dave she's on her way and
is just parking the car (he resisted the urge to say you shouldn't be
on the phone whilst driving) and Cecilia comes in and starts about the
flat being a mess and maybe we should get social services to come and
clean it. I have been doing the best I could but considering it was
only Monday I could get my shoe back on...and more importantly off all
I have really been able to do is keep the kitchen clean (I am still
limping a bit and have been very glad of my friend Jim for helping me
bring shopping back because I still don't have too much in the way of
distance and carrying heavy loads) and I really didn't need her to
come in and criticize...as Dave says to them whenever they they say
"Place needs vacuuming" or whatever "there's the vacuum- knock
yourself out!" They never do

Anyway Cecilia didn't have the right dressing on her so she came back
Friday and put it on so tight that Dave says he can't walk as
well....that will teach him to complain obviously...

But I got to almost the end of February and had a pretty good week so
I call Dave to ask what he needs from the shops at 8.30 on Friday
night after a very nice leaving party for one of our consultants and
all he says is...

"Dad's been taken to hospital"

Turns out Dave's dad has been getting worse all week, At first they
thought it was a UTI (resisted urge to tell Dave;'s mum not to feed
him dry food) but tests came back clear. Then he got so aggressive
Dave's mum called the nurse, who came round and whlst up until now
he's always been fine when they come round- this time he was
aggressive to the nurse and got taken to hospital for assessment. They
had to sedate him heavily when they got him into hospital as he wanted
to escape and kept kicking the doors, there was some talk of having to
have him sectioned but by today he'd calmed down a bit...they've told
Dave's mum not to come and visit because that would make things worse
so she's in a state as well...

So not a bad week but the end of it is not good...and we both have
colds (minor detail)

Old March 2nd 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 2, 11:19*am, "Joy" wrote:

(((((((Lesley)))))))

Thanks- oh well this week I got a qualifcation and a new great niece
been a lot of bad weeks when I didn't have anything positive to show
for it

Old March 2nd 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Things can only get better.

Hugs and purrs.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 2nd 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
snip
[...]

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,