Need a pesticide that is safe for use around pets

Old July 8th 05, 05:16 PM
KittyLady

Default Need a pesticide that is safe for use around pets

My brother just moved into a new place and unfortunatly his kitty Bear
is not the only critter living there. Bugs are everywhere. He has some
weird agreement with the landlord to exterminate himself. He used
foggers before him and Bear moved in, but still there is a bug problem.
He thinks he needs to put down something, like in the cracks or
something to keep them from comming back. Unfortunatly neither of us
know of anything that would be safe to use with Bear there.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Weather natural, store bought etc.

Skritches,
KittyLady

Old July 8th 05, 05:34 PM
jmcquown

KittyLady wrote:
He has some weird agreement with the landlord to exterminate himself.

LOL! I'm sorry, but if you read that sentence again you'll see why I'm
laughing.

Jill

Old July 8th 05, 05:41 PM
KittyLady

Oh my god,
I am ROFL now, That should read he has an agreement to exterminate the
apartment himself.

Skritches,
KittyLady

Old July 8th 05, 05:42 PM
jmcquown

KittyLady wrote:
My brother just moved into a new place and unfortunatly his kitty Bear
is not the only critter living there. Bugs are everywhere. He has some
weird agreement with the landlord to exterminate himself. He used
foggers before him and Bear moved in, but still there is a bug
problem. He thinks he needs to put down something, like in the cracks
or something to keep them from comming back. Unfortunatly neither of
us know of anything that would be safe to use with Bear there.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Weather natural, store bought etc.

Skritches,
KittyLady

I have seen advertisements (but cannot attest to safety) for RAID bug sprays
that are supposedly nature friendly and made from plant extracts. I have no
idea if these would be safe around Bear, you'd have to read the label and/or
contact the manufacturer, but it's a thought. Then maybe your brother
wouldn't have to exterminate himself (giggling).

Jill

Old July 8th 05, 05:46 PM
KittyLady

Jill,
I am so embarrased right now. Funny how two missing words can change
the whole context of a sentence.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will do a search for a MSDS sheet. Thanks.

Skritches,
KittyLady and Harvey who hopes Uncle Mark is not going to exterminate
himself.

Old July 8th 05, 06:02 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
KittyLady wrote:
He has some weird agreement with the landlord to exterminate himself.

LOL! I'm sorry, but if you read that sentence again you'll see why I'm
laughing.

ROFL!! I agree... that *is* weird!!! ;o)

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

Jill

Old July 8th 05, 10:30 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

KittyLady wrote:

My brother just moved into a new place and unfortunatly his kitty Bear
is not the only critter living there. Bugs are everywhere. He has some
weird agreement with the landlord to exterminate himself. He used
foggers before him and Bear moved in, but still there is a bug problem.
He thinks he needs to put down something, like in the cracks or
something to keep them from comming back. Unfortunatly neither of us
know of anything that would be safe to use with Bear there.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Weather natural, store bought etc.

Depends upon the kind of bugs! I generally use cinnamon to
discourage ants (although someone here said that didn't work
with an infestation they had). Boric acid is supposed to
get rid of cockroaches without endangering pets. There are
various sorts of insect "traps" on the market (which
presumably keeps the poison away from larger critters).
Roach Motel is one, but I've nver used them, so don't know
how effective they are.

Skritches,
KittyLady

Old July 8th 05, 11:54 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article , wrote:

KittyLady wrote:

[...]

Roach Motel is a glue trap, so no poison is involved. I have used
Combat, which is a sealed trap with roach-sized openings (well, average
sized roaches). It's essentially a roach contraceptive, which now needs
to be replaced only about once a year.

In general, if you look at the contents of a spray, and it ONLY lists
pyrethrins as an active ingredient, it's apt to be safe for mammals.
It's still not a good thing to breathe.

A large hammer applied vigorously to the bug remains fairly effective.