Vino's got a sore claw

Old August 18th 04, 03:36 AM
badwilson

Default Vino's got a sore claw

I noticed it yesterday when I was brushing his teeth. I figured I'd check
to see if he needs another claw trim while I was doing "cat maintenance".
He's such a good boy, he lets me do all that stuff without too much protest.
So I noticed that his pinky claw on his left front paw was all split and
there was a bit of blood. It looks like the claw material just got really
brittle and split lengthwise, exposing the quick but still attached at the
root. He doesn't seem like he's in pain, he's walking, running, scratching
his sisal posts, all like usual. I don't know what could have happened,
maybe he got the claw stuck on something when I wasn't home and pulled too
hard? Or was it just a defective claw?
I trim his claws every few weeks and so I get a good look at what's normal
and what's not. I'm always very careful to only trim the tips and Vino's
claws are very translucent so I know I never cut too much off. I've never
seen anything like this before.
Any ideas on what I should do? I cleaned it all up, but other than that
I've done nothing. I guess it will just take some time for it to grow out.
I hope that when it grows out it grown in good and strong. Poor Vino :-(
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old August 18th 04, 04:11 AM
Mary

Any ideas on what I should do? I cleaned it all up, but other than that
I've done nothing. I guess it will just take some time for it to grow out.
I hope that when it grows out it grown in good and strong. Poor Vino :-(

I'm sure he'll probably be fine. My cats have done that before. If it does hurt
him, maybe you can put some antibacterial spray then one "soft paw" on that
claw until it grows out. Poor Vino. He is so lucky to have such a great mommy.

Old August 18th 04, 04:25 AM
badwilson

"Mary" wrote in message
Any ideas on what I should do? I cleaned it all up, but other than that
I've done nothing. I guess it will just take some time for it to grow

out.
I hope that when it grows out it grown in good and strong. Poor Vino :-(

I'm sure he'll probably be fine. My cats have done that before. If it does

hurt
him, maybe you can put some antibacterial spray then one "soft paw" on

that
claw until it grows out. Poor Vino. He is so lucky to have such a great

mommy.

I'm going into Pattaya today for shopping. I'll definitely get the
antibacterial spray. But I won't be able to do the soft paw because they
don't have stuff like that here in Thailand. I'll just keep an eye on it
and make sure it doesn't get infected.

Old August 18th 04, 04:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:36:13 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

snip
Any ideas on what I should do? I cleaned it all up, but other than that
I've done nothing. I guess it will just take some time for it to grow out.
I hope that when it grows out it grown in good and strong. Poor Vino :-(

aww, poor Vino. Purrs coming for the claw to grow back quickly, and
come in strong.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]