cy-purr mouse

Old April 4th 05, 10:05 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default cy-purr mouse

Has anyone bought one of these for their furbabies? John thought
Silver and Scout would love it because they could chase it... so we
got one. Only when we took it out of the box and turned it on, they
were at first alarmed by the loud noise and the blinky eyes - and then
they ignored it totally! I've given it to them a few times with
diminishing results. Silver sits there and looks alarmed when it rolls
in a circle and runs into her tummy or paw, and Scout likes to chew on
the tail - but she prefers it to be turned off at the time! I got it
out this afternoon and they just looked at it and blinked then walked
away...

It's sound and motion activated so it goes off when they bat at it, or
if they meow loudly. Scout and Silver hardly make any noise at all,
which is probably why they don't like it. But other cats must enjoy it
or they wouldn't sell it... is anyone interested in taking it off our
hands?
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply
Old April 5th 05, 12:25 AM
Bill Stock

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

If it's the laughing blue thing with the flashing eyes, NO! Both girls are
petrified of it.

Old April 5th 05, 03:16 AM
Enfilade

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote in message . ..
Has anyone bought one of these for their furbabies?

My friend Cyrway has one for her cat Caligo. Cal doesn't do much with
it, but then again, Cal doesn't do much of anything. Frankly, I think
the Cy-Purr amuses Cyrway more than it does her cat.

Nox and Smokey aren't into those sorts of things. Nox only plays if
she thinks you're not watching and Smokey isn't fooled by anything not
made of real dead animal (he luvs those fur mousies, and a moving ball
can sometimes psych him into hunting behaviour). The bitties,
however, may be attracted...they'll chase reflections on the wall all
day.

--Fil
Old April 5th 05, 02:31 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:25:34 -0400, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
Has anyone bought one of these for their furbabies? John thought
Silver and Scout would love it because they could chase it... so we
got one. Only when we took it out of the box and turned it on, they
were at first alarmed by the loud noise and the blinky eyes - and then
they ignored it totally! I've given it to them a few times with
diminishing results. Silver sits there and looks alarmed when it rolls
in a circle and runs into her tummy or paw, and Scout likes to chew on
the tail - but she prefers it to be turned off at the time! I got it
out this afternoon and they just looked at it and blinked then walked
away...

If it's the laughing blue thing with the flashing eyes, NO! Both girls are
petrified of it.

Yep... it's one of them! I find the sound effects rather unnerving...

Old April 6th 05, 11:05 PM
O J

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

...But other cats must enjoy it
or they wouldn't sell it... is anyone interested in taking it off our
hands?

I think that any cat toy should have to come in a one by one by one
and a half foot box. That's the only was to ensure that the cats will
be entertained by the purchase.

Regards and Purrs,
O J