Three Stikes and you're Out - Bonnie

Old August 24th 03, 11:16 PM
Bev

Default Three Stikes and you're Out - Bonnie

This morning a florist van arrived with a beautiful flower arrangement
in one of those plastic lined cardboard vases - they keep for ages
Birthday flowers! - lilies, carnations, daisies, stocks - they smelled
wonderful. Dear husband looked sheepish but enjoyed the delighted
hugs.

It didn't take long for Bonnie with her well honed sniffer to discover
them and to upend them all on the carpet, a nice load of water to go
with the leaks, sigh. I put them somewhere else but she had decided
they were her flowers and did the same thing again

I put them high up on a shelf in the corner of the room - she found them
in seconds, crash - another ornament also hit the dust and smashed. I
am now working out how to secure them - perhaps to pile a heap of books
around all sides of the vase.

In the US there is a 'three strikes and you're out' regime. Does
Bonnie qualify?

In the meantime the flowers are living in the washhouse where no one can
see them, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old August 24th 03, 11:37 PM
Lois Reay

"Bev" wrote in message
This morning a florist van arrived with a beautiful flower arrangement
in one of those plastic lined cardboard vases - they keep for ages
Birthday flowers! - lilies, carnations, daisies, stocks - they smelled
wonderful. Dear husband looked sheepish but enjoyed the delighted
hugs.

It didn't take long for Bonnie with her well honed sniffer to discover
them and to upend them all on the carpet, a nice load of water to go
with the leaks, sigh. I put them somewhere else but she had decided
they were her flowers and did the same thing again

Poor Bonnie always in the wars - what about blu tack would that hold the
vase down, mind you she would probably pull the flowers out of the vase!!
she probably thought the flowers were for her amusement anyway!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bev, hope your day is just purrfect, and it's nice to see the
sun again.

Lois

Old August 25th 03, 12:30 AM
Hopitus2

Listen, I didn't tell you all this when I posted about being in my employer
hospital with the heart attack, but from the first day I spent in there, I
enjoyed near my bed a *huge*, expensive bouquet of various colored flowers,
in a shimmery vase.....they accompanied me leaving the CCU into a private,
VIP room (employees treated like royalty when patients) but when I finally
got out I left the whole thing in the ER for my fellow coworkers there to
enjoy for as long as they stayed fresh (flowers, not coworkers).....the Evil
3 here at home actually EAT flowers and bite the blossoms off the stems! The
only flowers safe from such attacks are glads, which don't seem to appeal to
their tastes. Some cats just do this, we've found over the years, which is
one of the few habits they have that really annoys me, but have ad-justed,
being an obedient slave, and glads are the rule in the house for a long time
now!

"Lois Reay" wrote in message
:
: ...

Old August 25th 03, 04:54 AM
Sherry

Listen, I didn't tell you all this when I posted about being in my employer
hospital with the heart attack, but from the first day I spent in there, I
enjoyed near my bed a *huge*, expensive bouquet of various colored flowers,
in a shimmery vase.....they accompanied me leaving the CCU into a private,
VIP room (employees treated like royalty when patients) but when I finally
got out I left the whole thing in the ER for my fellow coworkers there to
enjoy for as long as they stayed fresh (flowers, not coworkers).....the Evil
3 here at home actually EAT flowers and bite the blossoms off the stems!

Girly-girl "sniffs" fresh flowers. It's just the cutest thing. She was very
intrigued and wouldn't leave them alone, bbut she never tried to eat them. The
boys ignored 'em. Isn't that typical?

Sherry
Old August 25th 03, 06:02 AM
Marina

"Bev" wrote
This morning a florist van arrived with a beautiful flower arrangement
in one of those plastic lined cardboard vases - they keep for ages
Birthday flowers! - lilies, carnations, daisies, stocks - they smelled
wonderful. Dear husband looked sheepish but enjoyed the delighted
hugs.

Happy Birthday, Bev!

Re flowers, the cats used to be mad about them when they were youngsters,
but nowadays I can have flowers in a vase, and the cats don't much bother
about them. The same goes for potted plants, they used to chew everything
(Frank even used to chew a cactus, long spikes and all), but now they're
only interested in the potted grass I have for them to eat. We can hope that
B&C will grow out of it - or not. ;o)

--
Marina

Old August 25th 03, 07:57 AM