New Toyz

Old February 26th 05, 09:58 PM
Karen

Default New Toyz

Went to the cat show today on my annual trek with my friend. Of course,
stocked up on peacock and pheasant feathers. Got new toys of an ostrich
plume on a stick which was very well received and another wierd feather of
varying lengths on a stick which mimics a big spider on the floor and that
is also popular. Saw the first household pet judging. It was great. The
judge had everyone come up close so you could hear her. Lots of COOL cats.
One that was most cool was owned by a worker from my vets. He was feral
(tipped ear and all). You would not know it now. He is 8. Her husband
insisted they bring him (she said "you want to bring the fat one"? he is a
BIG boy, though I would not say fat, just comfortably padded) Huge tabby. He
loved it. He was friendly and good up on the table. The judge saw the tipped
ear and said this cat must have been in a colony. She said she had only one
feral and it took her three years just to touch her. Now at fifteen and
still a barn cat you could handle her all you wanted and clip her claws etc.
She talked about how you usually have to get them away from the mother early
etc.etc. So she asked the owner how long it had taken them and how old had
he been etc. The cat was 3 when they brought him in. The husband said the
first time he touched him the cat razored him up good, but in a month or so,
he could touch him without a problem. Obviously, this cat reeeally was meant
to be a pet. He got 3rd best pet! The guy was so cute. He said "Oh I am so
happy for him!". It was amazing. I think this guy really bonded with the cat
and brought a big change in him.

Old February 26th 05, 11:18 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:58:52 -0600, Karen
yodeled:

[...]

Nothing like getting out there with the kitties to lift your mood a
bit.

Theresa
Old February 27th 05, 12:05 AM
Cheryl

On Sat 26 Feb 2005 04:58:52p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

snip

Obviously, this cat reeeally was meant
to be a pet. He got 3rd best pet! The guy was so cute. He said
"Oh I am so happy for him!". It was amazing. I think this guy
really bonded with the cat and brought a big change in him.

Amazing for a former feral!! Glad you had a good time, Karen! How
are Sugar and Pearl doing? I know they have had some problems
together in the past. I imagine Grant was sort of a buffer at times.
Still thinking of him.

--
Cheryl
Old February 28th 05, 08:50 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 26 Feb 2005 08:29:17p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

How
are Sugar and Pearl doing? I know they have had some problems
together in the past. I imagine Grant was sort of a buffer at
times. Still thinking of him.

I don't know. It is definitely different and definitely wierd.
The girls have seemed to called a truce for the most part ever
since he got sick. They will sit both of them on the couch with
me now. As long as I am in between it is "OK". Sugar is
definitely I think missing him, though not mopey, just kind of
puzzled. She comes up on me WAY more. I did haul the chair she
sleeps on in the hall to the living room or I wouldn't see her
much. This is what I miss the most. Grant was always out by me,
which is then why the girls came out. He was definitely center
pivot in all relationships and now that he is gone it's like we
all don't know our place exactly. Just very, very different not
having our boy around.

I hope they are adjusting better by now. It's hard to tell how they
are with the loss of a fursib.

hugs,

--
Cheryl