OT- How you know you are addicted to the internet

Old April 27th 05, 06:52 PM
KittyLady

Default OT- How you know you are addicted to the internet

Enjoy

You Know youre Addicted to the Internet when?

- You kiss your girlfriend's home page.

- Your bookmarks list takes 15 minutes to scroll from top to bottom.

- You find yourself brainstorming for new subjects to Google.

- You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone
lines.

- You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap.... and
your kid in the overhead compartment.

- Your dreams are in HTML.

- You refer to going to the bathroom as ?downloading.?

- You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"

- You turn up the volume real loud when leaving the room so you can
hear if anyone IM's you.

- All of your friends have @ in their names.

- Your dog has its own webpage.

- You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it
again.

- You name your children Google, Friendster and Blogger

- You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your
e-mail on the way back. (OK ? We all have done this one)

- Your sweetie says communication is important in a marriage...so you
buy another computer and network them together so that you can IM each
other anytime.

- You have withdrawals if you are away from the computer for more than
a few hours.

- You take a speed reading course to keep up with the scrolling.

- You rank your friends by the amount of bandwith they have.

- You order pizza online - because you can't be bothered to call.

- You double click your TV remote.

Old April 27th 05, 07:01 PM
CatNipped

"KittyLady" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

ROTFLMAO! OK, I'm guilty of just about all of the above! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 05, 07:03 PM
KittyLady

Me too! the 3 AM email checking is my worst habit.
Skritches,
KittyLady

Old April 27th 05, 11:32 PM
Dan M

And how about:

- You plan your driving trips so that your stops will be in areas where
you know you get good wireless internet connections
Old April 28th 05, 06:20 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"KittyLady" had some very interesting
things to say about OT- How you know you are addicted to the internet:

- You refer to going to the bathroom as ?downloading.?

Errr, we (DH and I) do this, when we don't refer to "using the
litterbox" (by the two-leggeds).

- You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your
e-mail on the way back. (OK ? We all have done this one)

I've done that a time or two.

- Your sweetie says communication is important in a marriage...so you
buy another computer and network them together so that you can IM each
other anytime.

Errr, DH insisted on networking us (we entered the marriage with his &
hers computers, having met online).

- You take a speed reading course to keep up with the scrolling.

I was already a fast reader, but chat does seem to have considerably
improved my typing speed. :-)

- You order pizza online - because you can't be bothered to call.

Where can you do that? I have a hard time getting DH to drop carrier
so I can make voice calls.

- You double click your TV remote.

I don't think I've done that, but ISTR trying to double-click with my
PDA stylus.