Bandit's Love Affair With Downy

Old July 11th 05, 12:40 AM
CatNipped

Default Bandit's Love Affair With Downy

There's only *one* bad thing about working from home. My third worst
allergy is cat hair (only third because honey bee stings and eating oysters
will kill me within minutes whereas cat hair will only make me very ill).
Now that I'm in the house 24/7 I don't get any break from breathing in cat
hair.

Today I decided to get rid of most of the hair around the house, plus I got
an out-of-the-blue streak of energy* (even more than my normal ADHD cleaning
frenzies). One of the things I did was to take all the decorative pillows
off my be and run them through the dryer to remove all the cat hair. Well,
after having washed clothes all day there must have been a lot of "Downy"
smell still left in the dryer. Bandit *LURVES* Downy fabric softener
sheets - she rolls around in them as if they were catnip!

Five minutes after the pillows were back on the bed I came back into the
room to find them strewn all over the bed, with Bandit sitting in the middle
of them with a very satisfied look on her face, and *every* pillow was again
*covered* in cat hair. SIGH!!!

* For the women on the group who would like a boost in energy I *HIGHLY*
recommend liquid "B Complex Plus B12" sublingual vitamins. A 3 month supply
is only $5US. You just put a dropperful under your tongue, hold it there
for 30 seconds, then swallow (it doesn't taste bad, kind of orangey - but I
usually "chase" it down with coffee or something). The amount of energy it
gives you after only a week or two of use is unbelievable. I have to take
it because of the bypass, but as I said, I would recommend it for anyone who
wants to boost their energy level.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 11th 05, 01:49 AM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I may have to try the vitamins. I didn't think oral B12 worked?

As for the cat hair/Downey. I'm more allergic to fabric softener and hair
conditioner than I am to cats. Especially Downey sheets. I do love the
scent. Till my nose stops up.

Jo

Old July 11th 05, 02:36 AM
CatNipped

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

These are "sublingual". They told me after the surgery that I would have to
either get B vitamin shots once a month or I could use the sublingual once a
day - I chose the sublingual. It is absorbed under the tongue rather than
through the stomach (I don't know why that works, but it does). And it
gives you tremendous energy!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 11th 05, 04:33 AM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article , "Jo Firey"
wrote:

I may have to try the vitamins. I didn't think oral B12 worked?

That was originally thought to be the case. It's been found there is
very small oral absorption. Given it's inexpensive and nontoxic, the
thinking now is to give enormous doses to get just enough absorbed.
Old July 11th 05, 05:09 AM

CatNipped wrote:
There's only *one* bad thing about working from home. My third worst
allergy is cat hair (only third because honey bee stings and eating oysters
will kill me within minutes whereas cat hair will only make me very ill).
Now that I'm in the house 24/7 I don't get any break from breathing in cat
hair.

Today I decided to get rid of most of the hair around the house, plus I got
an out-of-the-blue streak of energy* (even more than my normal ADHD cleaning
frenzies). One of the things I did was to take all the decorative pillows
off my be and run them through the dryer to remove all the cat hair. Well,
after having washed clothes all day there must have been a lot of "Downy"
smell still left in the dryer. Bandit *LURVES* Downy fabric softener
sheets - she rolls around in them as if they were catnip!

I've noticed for a long time how cats love clean things. When I take
the bedding out of their baskets or wash Yoda's blanket, they seem to
really love it. I never thought about it maybe being the fabric
softener. I use Gain, Tropical Breeze or something.

Sherry

Old July 11th 05, 05:28 AM
badwilson

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

That's like Vino with bleach. *Loves* the smell of freshly bleached
clothes. Rubs over them like they are catnip infused. Too funny!
I once thought I'd boost my energy with B12. Uh oh...big mistake.
Turns out I'm allergic and my whole body broke out in hives. Never
again. I'll just stick to eating red meat instead.
Mmmmm.....meeeaaaaat ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old July 12th 05, 12:29 AM
Enfilade

Our guys like to sleep in dirty laundry just as much as clean.

The grossest is cleaning the lint trap when we dry bedding and finding
it filled with 1/3 lint, 2/3 cat hair.

--Fil

Old July 12th 05, 12:31 AM
whitershadeofpale

Enfilade wrote:
Our guys like to sleep in dirty laundry just as much as clean.

The grossest is cleaning the lint trap when we dry bedding and finding
it filled with 1/3 lint, 2/3 cat hair.

--Fil

Now there's a read-worthy post.

Cats sleeps in laundry, clean or dirty!

He wouldn't sleep in my dirty laundry,I play real hard, therefor my
clothes get really dirty.

Love bites and love kicks Mischief Cat anecdotes 27 August 15th 04 04:35 AM
"We love you, Meowmy!" RoseTower Cat anecdotes 17 June 2nd 04 02:17 PM
Ladies Love Outlaws (The Saga of Sheba and Maximilian) GraceCat Cat anecdotes 11 March 2nd 04 07:04 PM
My Tribute to Spook KS Cat community 38 October 23rd 03 03:00 AM
Love Calls in the Driveway Bev Cat anecdotes 11 October 17th 03 01:36 AM