Otis not amused

Old January 20th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Otis not amused

At the moment we have no gas, therefore no heating, hot water or
cooking facilities, am not going into details (nothing to do with
bills, a lot to do with idiot gas fitters not being able to find a
pipe!) - as shaking with anger at the moment. Poor Otis has no
radiators to sit beneath and is looking at me like it's my fault, I'm
going to bed as it's the only warm place in the house, and he's allowed
in with me for one night only (unless this carries on all weekend that
is).

Old January 20th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...
At the moment we have no gas, therefore no heating, hot water or
cooking facilities, am not going into details (nothing to do with
bills, a lot to do with idiot gas fitters not being able to find a
pipe!) - as shaking with anger at the moment. Poor Otis has no
radiators to sit beneath and is looking at me like it's my fault, I'm
going to bed as it's the only warm place in the house, and he's allowed
in with me for one night only (unless this carries on all weekend that
is).

Brrr! Are you in a very cold climate? Even here in Southern California,
that would not be pleasant at the moment. I hope you get your heat back
soon.

Joy

Old January 20th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...
At the moment we have no gas, therefore no heating, hot water or
cooking facilities, am not going into details (nothing to do with
bills, a lot to do with idiot gas fitters not being able to find a
pipe!) - as shaking with anger at the moment. Poor Otis has no
radiators to sit beneath and is looking at me like it's my fault, I'm
going to bed as it's the only warm place in the house, and he's allowed
in with me for one night only (unless this carries on all weekend that
is).

Many purrs that your gas will be restored a.s.a.p.
I have lived long enough not to trust anything. I have a gas fire in my
kitchen and also in there is a gas hob, an electric oven and a microwave.
In my sitting room I have a woodburner which I could cook basic things on
the top of if necessary and it will keep me warm too, should both gas and
electricity fail. I also have two calor gas heaters, one upstairs, one
downstairs.
You need a plan b.

Tweed

Old January 21st 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Indeed! Brrrrr! I hope your heat and cooking facilities are restored
extremely fast, like, yesterday.

Poor Otis! NO radiator to sit beneath is a shameful lack for a cat.

Melissa

Old January 21st 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote in message
t...
wrote in message
oups.com...
At the moment we have no gas, therefore no heating, hot water or
cooking facilities, am not going into details (nothing to do with
bills, a lot to do with idiot gas fitters not being able to find a
pipe!) - as shaking with anger at the moment. Poor Otis has no
radiators to sit beneath and is looking at me like it's my fault, I'm
going to bed as it's the only warm place in the house, and he's allowed
in with me for one night only (unless this carries on all weekend that
is).

Brrr! Are you in a very cold climate? Even here in Southern California,
that would not be pleasant at the moment. I hope you get your heat back
soon.

Joy

Sounds as though there should still be electric. No elec kettle or
microwave or electric fire? That sounds like time to find a friend to take
you in till things are fixed.

You can warm a blanket for the bed quite nicely in the microwave. Spray it
lightly with water. Put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. It
will steam out the water leaving a dry warm blanket.

Jo

Old January 21st 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:

"Yoj" wrote in message
t...
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks, it's back on now, the worst thing was not to be able to take a
shower or bath, by the time I'd filled up the bath from an electric
kettle it would have got cold again, plus there's no heating in the
bathroom and it's freezing at the best of times, til we get the
radiator fixed. I don't actually possess any blankets, I'm a duvet
girl. They gave us one tiny fan heater for the whole house but it
wasn't really worth bothering with, plus they cost a fortune to run.
We got take out food for the 2 nights. I've spokent to one of the
lawyers at work who says that under their charter I should get (a
little) compensation for them leaving me with no gas for over 24 hours,
you don't realise how dependant you are until you don't have it,
especially in January. I was soooo angry because I lost out on
overtime and DH lost a day's pay as they insisted they had to come in
the house to "purge the system" at around 4pm, which they didn't then
they buggered off and left us overnight with no gas. When they did
come in the house, all they had to do was re-start the boiler, which I
know how to do anyway. The whole exercise has been so badly managed
from start to finish, I wouldn't care, but it's not even something I
requested, they're laying new mains throughout the street, "forgot" to
even send out the letters telling us they were doing it. I ended up
getting up too early this morning (Saturday) as they're still banging
away out there, next door now. G-d I could so do with a full nights
sleep, what with my dad in hospital next week, overtime that I couldn't
get out of doing, and this, I feel like I'm going to flop if I don't
catch up on some shut eye.

Marcia

Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Otis' (Calgary) dental check Susan M Cat anecdotes 7 April 3rd 05 06:27 PM
Otis had Chester's hairball Susan M Cat anecdotes 14 March 15th 05 05:38 PM
Otis EMERGENCY Susan M Cat anecdotes 92 September 3rd 04 09:44 PM
Otis and Chester: Where are they now? (LONG) Susan M Cat anecdotes 14 November 8th 03 02:29 PM