Bobcat?

Old February 26th 04, 05:20 AM
midwesterner

Default Bobcat?

I have this black/grey feral cat that sometimes lives in a clump of
bushes at the end of my driveway. Everyone in my family has seen a
glimce of him run off as we pull in to the drieway.

One day, I was in the drive washing the car and I spotted him under
the bush. I decided to adopt the cat by putting out a bowl of tuna. I
put the tuna out, left, then peeked back out. The cat slowly ate half
the tuna, saw me, then retreated. He definitely wasn't starving.

On another day after the feeding attempt, the cat ran out of the bush
clump, stopped, looked at me, and then kept running. So that makes two
times that I have looked this cat eye-to-eye. Other than these two
times, I haven't been able to get close.

After thinking about why the cat didn't love me after being fed tuna,
I remember that the cat had big eyes and a larger than usual head. I'm
beginning to think he might be a young Bobcat. I say young, because he
is slightly smaller than an adult house cat.

Maybe I'm letting my imagination run away, but I think there is at
least some chance that this is a Bobcat, at least considering that
I've seen a coyote in my suburban neighborhood.
Old February 26th 04, 05:35 AM
Mary

I'm
beginning to think he might be a young Bobcat. I say young, because he
is slightly smaller than an adult house cat.

Maybe I'm letting my imagination run away, but I think there is at
least some chance that this is a Bobcat, at least considering that
I've seen a coyote in my suburban neighborhood.

What city state do you live in? Bobcats do live where coyotes live. Sometimes
coyotes kill and eat them. A bobcat will kill and eat a domestic cat. If you
are feeding ferals there and really think he's a bobcat, he will probably eat
those cats. There are photos of young pet bobcats in this site
http://www.uslink.net/~rrcats/bobcat.htm does he look like this? Their face and
bobbed tail make them easily recognizable.

Old February 26th 04, 02:12 PM
Judy F

equalizer wrote in message
On 26 Feb 2004 05:35:41 GMT, pam (Mary) wrote:

Now, THAT'S a cat I'd take to an outdoor dog park on a leash!!

LOL!!!!!!!!
Judy F

Old February 26th 04, 03:15 PM
kaeli

In article , equalizer
enlightened us with...
http://www.uslink.net/~rrcats/bobcat.htm does he look like this? Their face and
bobbed tail make them easily recognizable.

Now, THAT'S a cat I'd take to an outdoor dog park on a leash!!

*ROFL*

I second that!
heh

~kaeli~
If that phone was up your a$$, maybe you could drive a
little better!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old February 26th 04, 03:15 PM
kaeli

In article , equalizer
enlightened us with...

Old February 26th 04, 03:15 PM
Mary

equalizer wrote:

Now, THAT'S a cat I'd take to an outdoor dog park on a leash!!

I was thinking I'd like to walk one on into a party my ex is
attending. Smiling.

Old February 26th 04, 03:15 PM
Mary

Old February 26th 04, 10:31 PM
frlpwr

midwesterner wrote:

(snip)

Maybe I'm letting my imagination run away, but I think there is at
least some chance that this is a Bobcat, at least considering that
I've seen a coyote in my suburban neighborhood.

Feral cats are cautious and shy. It will take a lot more than two bowls
of tuna to convince a feral cat you can be trusted.

This is not to say that you don't have a bobcat if your bush (!). If
so, bobcats need a good meal now and then, too.