stool pasage problem?

Old October 31st 03, 05:27 AM
Amy Fong

Default stool pasage problem?

I just recently discovered a piece of stool sticking out of my cat's butt.
It's like she has trouble passing or something? So we tried to remove the
protuding part. The outermost was stool and then there was what looks like
alot of furr wrapped around what looks potentially like undigested cat
furr. I ended up snipping off what I could using a pair of sissors. Thing
is, she wasn't exactly heading to the litter box trying to pass or
anything.

So... any idea what happened here and what should I do about it?

Thanks!
Old October 31st 03, 05:42 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:27:41 GMT, Amy Fong wrote:

I just recently discovered a piece of stool sticking out of my cat's butt.
It's like she has trouble passing or something? So we tried to remove the
protuding part. The outermost was stool and then there was what looks like
alot of furr wrapped around what looks potentially like undigested cat
furr. I ended up snipping off what I could using a pair of sissors. Thing
is, she wasn't exactly heading to the litter box trying to pass or
anything.

So... any idea what happened here and what should I do about it?

Thanks!

Try using Petromalt, or Femalt or one of the hairball remedies you can
get at the pet store. She is obviously a little constipated, and this
will help her pass the stool more easily. Groom her more often so she
doesn't swallow so much hair. I usually squeeze a little out of the
tube and let the cat lick it off -- then do it again until she has
consumed about an inch. How long has it been since she had a
checkup at the Vet's? MLB

Old October 31st 03, 06:01 AM
Amy Fong

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:42:31 -0700, m.L.Briggs wrote:

[...]

Ah! Constipation. And here I was about to take her into the vet tomorrow
morning. She had her physical just about a month ago.

Thanks for the help!!!
Amy

Old October 31st 03, 04:04 PM
Mary

So... any idea what happened here and what should I do about it?

She's a little constipated. Make sure she is drinking plenty of water. If you
have to put a little tuna juice in water to get her to drink more, do it. Give
her some petromalt or any type of hair ball remedy. Give her a tsp of olive oil
with her food if you have no petromalt around. Give her more wet food. If she's
a long haired cat, trim the hair around her pooper area. There is also hair
ball remedy food. If she gets totally plugged, she may need an enema. The vet
can do it or there is the human baby liquid glycerin enema using lots of KY on
the tiny nozzle. Make sure you hold it in for at least ten minutes. If you're
not used to treating animals, have the vet do it. If she's plugged because of
her hair being matted around her pooper, you may have to soak her in the sink
in warm water. He prepared for a blowout in the sink, little messy. Thanks so
much for caring for your kitty.