Purrayers needed for little Delta please!

Old September 20th 03, 10:55 PM
Yowie

"jmcquown" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
"Nanny" wrote in message
Maybe the same thing that happened to me long ago ?
Well, at the end of the evening, she was on the phone in tears,
totally upset, and her boyfriend shouting in the background, he was
so angry that we thought he'd kill the cat

(snip)
--
Nanny

I hope your friend dumped her boyfriend. He sounds like he could be
violent -- and someone who can be violent toward cats can also be
violent toward people.

MaryL

My long-gone-ex-husband brought home a tiny mutt puppy. I never wanted a
dog but I fell in love with it. Well, when he discovered the puppy would
poop on the floor he went ballistic. Literally threw the tiny dog down on
an enclosure on the cement balcony. Then he came running to me, "I think
there's something wrong with the dog!" My god, it could barely breathe.

(we, yeah, right) rushed it to the vet; in my haste I left without my
glasses and couldn't even see to drive. When we got to the vet, we were
asked, "Was this dog hit by a car? It's got contusions and internal

bleeding
like it was hit." My (THANKFULLY) ex-husband said yes. I said NO. You
THREW HIM. YOU DID THIS. He was appropriately ashamed and offered no
comment. I made sure the vet was going to take care of the pup.

You are absolutely correct in that someone who would get so upset about a
cat or a dog can become violent towards women. I wasn't married 2 years
before I left the *******, and took the dog with me, too. He never hit

me,
but he shoved me and knocked over furniture. What on earth causes someone
to have that much rage in them? I have no idea.

20 years later, my fiance, Ray, is a dog person. But even Persia has
managed to charm him All he asks is that Persia not attack what she
thinks is a 'snake' under the covers when he's about to wake up in the
mornings. ROFL!

I can only back up Jill's story about her (thankfully) ex with a very
similar experience of my own. My $%#$%$% ex used to smack Shmogg with a
flip-flop (aka rubber thong) if he'd done anything that the ex considered
"naughty". (compare size of an adult man's foot and the size of a cat - even
a large one - and you can see how bad it was) He also used the threat of
violence to keep me "controlled". The situation escalated, as they usually
do, ans so by the time I left him he'd taken up hurting me enough for the
occasional bruise to show up. Joel, bless his heart, is nothing like that,
but Shmogg still has violent outbursts for seemingly no good reason, and
also has a big distrust for men. I suspect he'll be like that till the end
of his days. Joel wonders why on earth Shmogg is like that, but I suspect I
know, and it breaks my heart. I should have protected my "baby" instead of
living in fear.

For what its worth, the ex hasn't changed. If anything, he has gotten worse.
Its been 8 years since I escaped my own personal hell, and while I'm
thoroughly over my ex, not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for the
life - and the loves - I have now. I'm just mildly annoyed with myself that
it took 12 long years to get the courage to leave, and that I didn't
recognise the signs at the start (they were there!)

If someone gets *that* angry, there's probably something wrong with them.
Please, tell your friend to be careful.

Yowie

Old September 21st 03, 04:32 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:25:18 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:

"Nanny" wrote in message
. ..
Maybe the same thing that happened to me long ago ?
We'd been adopted by a really sweet cat, but didn't want a 5th cat at that
moment. A (female) coworker of my then husband wanted to take her in, and
when we got there she and the cat bonded immediately, the cat was on her
lap, purring, almost before we sat down. We asked her how her boyfriend
would react, and she said he'd love it, he was always so loving with her
parents cats.
Well, at the end of the evening, she was on the phone in tears, totally
upset, and her boyfriend shouting in the background, he was so angry that

we
thought he'd kill the cat, so we went there again to pick her up, ignoring
all traffic rules. My husband went in on his own, the boyfriend was still
angry, saying things like he couldn't understand how crazy people could be
having 4 cats, which was directed at us. Fortunately he hadn't hurt the

cat,
so she came home with us again, and got a loving home a week later with
people that had lost a cat that looked exactly like her.

--
Nanny

I hope your friend dumped her boyfriend. He sounds like he could be
violent -- and someone who can be violent toward cats can also be violent
toward people.

MaryL

A Jenkyl-Hyde personality! These are the scarey ones. I hope she
tossed the boyfriend -- fast.
Old September 21st 03, 05:27 AM
Lois Reay

"Nanny" wrote in message
Well, at the end of the evening, she was on the phone in tears, totally
upset, and her boyfriend shouting in the background, he was so angry that

we
thought he'd kill the cat, so we went there again to pick her up, ignoring
all traffic rules. My husband went in on his own, the boyfriend was still
angry, saying things like he couldn't understand how crazy people could be
having 4 cats, which was directed at us. Fortunately he hadn't hurt the

cat,
so she came home with us again, --
Nanny

I'd get rid of the boyfriend and keep the cat!!!!

Lois

Old September 22nd 03, 04:59 AM
~jag

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:35:23 +1000, Kajikit
wrote:

Well as of today little Delta is respond fine even a bit fiesty with
the new fosters, And for those of you that have suggested that I adopt
her, I am trying to, though it technically violates the aggreement
that I have with the foster people. However, Delta will NOT be on the
adoptive list for at least 6 months

Little Delta needs your purrayers please... she went to what was
supposed to be her forever home the other day, and John just had to go
and pick her up from the vet tonight - somebody who was supposed to
love
her didn't

She's going to be living with John now (along with the three foster
cats
he collected just before the other five left)... but what I don't
understand is how can people be so incredibly horrible to such a small
helpless loving creature? I didn't even have to SEE her to love her -
whenever I'm on the phone with John she's snuggled up close to him
mewing occasionally just so we don't forget her. It must be an
incredibly comical sight because she's so tiny and he's such a big guy
that he must seem like a MOUNTAIN to her I just hope he'll be able
persuade her that it's still okay to love and trust people after what
happened to her...

Anyway, purr for her please... she needs a lot of love

Old September 22nd 03, 10:14 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Purrs for the poor little one.

Ginger-lyn

Old September 25th 03, 07:09 PM
Tanada

Kajikit wrote:

Little Delta needs your purrayers please... she went to what was
supposed to be her forever home the other day, and John just had to go
and pick her up from the vet tonight - somebody who was supposed to
love
her didn't

Purrs and gentle healing thoughts for Delta and John. Litter droppings
for those who abuse animals, especially, in this case, Little Delta.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old October 4th 03, 06:23 AM
Sherry

For what its worth, the ex hasn't changed. If anything, he has gotten worse.
Its been 8 years since I escaped my own personal hell, and while I'm
thoroughly over my ex, not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for the
life - and the loves - I have now. I'm just mildly annoyed with myself that
it took 12 long years to get the courage to leave, and that I didn't
recognise the signs at the start (they were there!)

If someone gets *that* angry, there's probably something wrong with them.
Please, tell your friend to be careful.

Yowie

Thanks for sharing this Yowie. It is uncomprehendable to me that people behave
that way. I am so glad it's only a part of your history now and that you had
the courage to start over.
Our shelter boards dogs for free for women who have to go to Women's Haven, the
local women's shelter. We had one woman whose husband actually threatened to
kill her dog if she left. She did leave, and we were boarding her dog. He
actually broke into the shelter and stole the dog to hold the poor thing for
"ransom." A real sicko. It all turned out okay, but now I have nightmares that
some disgruntled a**hole is going to break in and actually harm one of the
dogs.

Sherry
Old October 4th 03, 07:20 AM
Marina

"Sherry " wrote

Thanks for sharing this Yowie. It is uncomprehendable to me that people

behave
that way. I am so glad it's only a part of your history now and that you

had
the courage to start over.
Our shelter boards dogs for free for women who have to go to Women's

Haven, the
local women's shelter. We had one woman whose husband actually threatened

kill her dog if she left. She did leave, and we were boarding her dog. He
actually broke into the shelter and stole the dog to hold the poor thing

for
"ransom." A real sicko. It all turned out okay, but now I have nightmares

that
some disgruntled a**hole is going to break in and actually harm one of the
dogs.

What a scumbag. I hope he got his just deserts. The one and only time a guy
beat me up, I was struck with a feeling of panic each day for weeks, when I
got home from work and was opening the door to my flat, because I was sure
that he would have broken in and done something to my cats. Purrs for your
nightmares to go away.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki