Ziggy the cat's 17-day journey from Israel to UK

Old November 25th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Default Ziggy the cat's 17-day journey from Israel to UK

Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months in
quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ydfxdu

Or

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...AT.xml&src=rss

Randy
http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old November 25th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Randy wrote:
Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months
in quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ydfxdu

Poor thing! I can't recall the last time I heard of a cat having rabies,
can you?

Jill

Old November 25th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

jmcquown wrote:
Randy wrote:
Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months
in quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ydfxdu

Poor thing! I can't recall the last time I heard of a cat having rabies,
can you?

Jill

Quarantine isn't just about rabies. If they aren't prevented, they will
teach people to spell color and honor properly.

Will in New Haven

--

"Never try to outstubborn a cat." - Robert Heinlein
"I am not stubborn, Mr. Heinlein, I am just in charge." - Feather

Old November 25th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 25 Nov 2006 16:00:05 GMT, Randy wrote:

Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months in
quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ydfxdu

Poor baby! Six months seems a bit harsh... at least it could be six
months minus 17 days - he's been in solitary confinement for that long
already!
Old November 25th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Will in New Haven wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Randy wrote:
Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6
months in quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ydfxdu

Poor thing! I can't recall the last time I heard of a cat having
rabies, can you?

Jill

Quarantine isn't just about rabies. If they aren't prevented, they
will teach people to spell color and honor properly.

Will in New Haven

LOL! You mean like colour and honour? Having grown up around Scottish
grandparents I do that anyway. Same thing with flavour

Old November 25th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Randy wrote in news
Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months
in quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ydfxdu

Or

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...EnoughNews&sto
ryid=2006-11-25T022820Z_01_L24510357_RTRUKOC_0_US-CAT.xml&src=rss

Randy
http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

6 months! Does that mean in a cage for 6 months? Poor guy.

Old November 25th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chakolate

Randy wrote in news
Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months
in quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

This isn't possible, is it? A cat who went without food for 17 days
would be dead, and a cat who went without water for three would be dead.

I wonder how tight the container was, and how many mice there were on
the ship. At least, on the ship when it left port. ;-)

Chak

--
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I
usually make the right decision.
Old November 25th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Randy wrote:

Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months in
quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

I thought the UK had discontinued the six-month quarantine
rule! (Or does that depend upon the country of origin, now?)
Old November 25th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Chakolate wrote:
Randy wrote in news
Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months
in quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

This isn't possible, is it? A cat who went without food for 17 days
would be dead, and a cat who went without water for three would be dead.

This isn't the first time this type of event has happened. The
speculation is that enough water is available from condensation inside a
steel container. As to food - who knows? Insects, perhaps?

--
MatSav
Old November 26th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Randy wrote:

Poor little kitty when through all this and now has to spend 6 months in
quarantine. Six months seems rather excessive to me.

I thought the UK had discontinued the six-month quarantine
rule! (Or does that depend upon the country of origin, now?)

There is a pet passport arrangement with certain countries, but not all.
All other cases require 6 mths quarantine to maintain our rabies-free
condition here. Quarantine conditions are spartan but not just a cage.
Usually there will be an indoor and outdoor run, and the kennel maids
will give them plenty of attention. He'll be OK and will certainly have
a queue of people waiting to adopt him at the end.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com