Puurs for the D-Thing

Old August 31st 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Puurs for the D-Thing

Well, it came time for our aging rescue d-thing's yearly. He's doing better
for a going-deaf, arthritic, near blind, on
steroids-to-keep-him-from-itching dog. A week or so ago, we noticed a hard
lum on his bum (right were he sits, but only on the right "cheek"). TED
said, considering his age (15!!!) we should have it out and biopsied. So we
did (they also removed a smaller one from his ear that's been there since
we've had him), and are awaiting the results, but TED said it looked
cancerous...

I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Old August 31st 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

Purrs for whatever time he has left for him to be happy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 31st 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 31, 7:20 am, "Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:
Well, it came time for our aging rescue d-thing's yearly. He's doing better
for a going-deaf, arthritic, near blind, on
steroids-to-keep-him-from-itching dog. A week or so ago, we noticed a hard
lum on his bum (right were he sits, but only on the right "cheek"). TED
said, considering his age (15!!!) we should have it out and biopsied. So we
did (they also removed a smaller one from his ear that's been there since
we've had him), and are awaiting the results, but TED said it looked
cancerous...

I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

Do what you can to help him enjoy any good days he has. My thoughts
are with you and the purrs of my little friends, and Bear's tailwag,
are with you and yours.

Will in New Haven

Old August 31st 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, purrs and prayers for the sweetie. Hope it's nothing
serious.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 31st 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
Well, it came time for our aging rescue d-thing's yearly. He's doing
better for a going-deaf, arthritic, near blind, on
steroids-to-keep-him-from-itching dog. A week or so ago, we noticed a
hard lum on his bum (right were he sits, but only on the right "cheek").
TED said, considering his age (15!!!) we should have it out and biopsied.
So we did (they also removed a smaller one from his ear that's been there
since we've had him), and are awaiting the results, but TED said it looked
cancerous...

I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

It isn't unusual for older dogs to have slow growing cancers that really
don't cut into their quality of life. If these lumps are indeed malignant,
I hope they still aren't a problem.

Old dogs also tend to get lots of lumps and bumps that aren't malignant.

Jo

Old August 31st 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:58:45 -0700, jofirey wrote:

[...]

Years ago, Rex, RB18) had a tumor right on his anus. Removing it was like
a hemorrhoidectomy but he did very well. MLB

Old August 31st 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
Well, it came time for our aging rescue d-thing's yearly. He's doing
better for a going-deaf, arthritic, near blind, on
steroids-to-keep-him-from-itching dog. A week or so ago, we noticed a
hard lum on his bum (right were he sits, but only on the right "cheek").
TED said, considering his age (15!!!) we should have it out and biopsied.
So we did (they also removed a smaller one from his ear that's been there
since we've had him), and are awaiting the results, but TED said it looked
cancerous...

I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

Poor doggie. Big purrs heading his way.

Old August 31st 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Well, it came time for our aging rescue d-thing's yearly. He's doing
better for a going-deaf, arthritic, near blind, on
steroids-to-keep-him-from-itching dog. A week or so ago, we noticed
a hard lum on his bum (right were he sits, but only on the right
"cheek"). TED said, considering his age (15!!!) we should have it
out and biopsied. So we did (they also removed a smaller one from
his ear that's been there since we've had him), and are awaiting the
results, but TED said it looked cancerous...

I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

Purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 31st 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:20:41 -0400, "Magic Mood Jeep"
wrote:

Well, it came time for our aging rescue d-thing's yearly. He's doing better
for a going-deaf, arthritic, near blind, on
steroids-to-keep-him-from-itching dog. A week or so ago, we noticed a hard
lum on his bum (right were he sits, but only on the right "cheek"). TED
said, considering his age (15!!!) we should have it out and biopsied. So we
did (they also removed a smaller one from his ear that's been there since
we've had him), and are awaiting the results, but TED said it looked
cancerous...

I guess all we can do now is keep him comfortable until....

Older dogs very often get lumps and bumps and growths that don't
really mean anything (or they're so slow-growing that they're not
really a problem...) For that matter, so do older humans! Here's
hoping that your d-thing's bumps were of that nature...