Lucky Boris

Old June 24th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Lucky Boris

My friend Tessa loves dogs....cairn terriers to be precise but she's
never been able to turn down helping people or animals so when an
elderly friend of hers asked her to find her a cat she settled down to
do it with her usual efficiency. Lady wanted a slightly older cat that
must be good with dogs,

Tessa found a possible candidate at a rescue in Luton so off the lady
to see the cat but by the time she'd got there he'd been seen by
someone else and was being held pending adoption checks.

So as she is standing there a paw comes out from the pen below and
pats her arm and she looks down....and it is love at first sight for
her and Boris.

Boris is named because they picked him up as a thin starving stray on
the street the day Boris Johnson beat Ken Livingstone

All checks passed with flying colours ..Boris now installed in a
loving forever home

Nice story I thought I would share it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 24th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

My friend Tessa loves dogs.... [snip]

All checks passed with flying colours ..Boris now installed in a
loving forever home

Nice story I thought I would share it

I'm glad you did. Very sweet! I love the bit about the paw reaching
out.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 24th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
Lesley wrote:

My friend Tessa loves dogs.... [snip]

All checks passed with flying colours ..Boris now installed in a
loving forever home

Nice story I thought I would share it

I'm glad you did. Very sweet! I love the bit about the paw reaching
out.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

That's how my sister adopted Peaches. She was looking at all the cats and
kittens when this tiny kitten suddenly reached through the cage and patted
her on the shoulder. That was 19 years ago, and Peaches is still going
strong.

MaryL

Old June 24th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

My friend Tessa loves dogs.... [snip]

All checks passed with flying colours ..Boris now installed in a
loving forever home

Nice story I thought I would share it

I'm glad you did. Very sweet! I love the bit about the paw reaching
out.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

That's how my sister adopted Peaches. She was looking at all the cats and
kittens when this tiny kitten suddenly reached through the cage and patted
her on the shoulder. That was 19 years ago, and Peaches is still going
strong.

MaryL

That is kinda of how I got my MArgie at Humane Society. Only instead
of patting me she tryed to bite me when I picked her up.

I figured no one else would want a kitten that tryed to bite them so I
took her and she has done a complete turn around. Now she is the most
friendly one of the bunch.

Old June 24th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

kraut wrote in
:

That is kinda of how I got my MArgie at Humane Society. Only instead
of patting me she tryed to bite me when I picked her up.

I figured no one else would want a kitten that tryed to bite them so I
took her and she has done a complete turn around. Now she is the most
friendly one of the bunch.

It almost sounds like Margie knew _exactly_ what she was doing.

Andy

Old June 25th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley wrote:
[...]

That's how we knew we belonged to Mistletoe. Reached out and snagged
DW's sweater and we were well and truly hooked (figuratively and literally).

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 25th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
All checks passed with flying colours ..Boris now installed in a
loving forever home

Nice story I thought I would share it

Thank you for doing so, it was a very nice story.

Old June 26th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
[...]

I love happy endings! Thanks, Lesley.
Best wishes,