If we ever needed purrs

Old February 5th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default But should i place this ad?

On Feb 5, 7:30*am, Lesley wrote:

As if I could- his next line was "How long did it take before she
wormed her way back into your affections?"

Dunzi is curled up next to me asleep

I'm an optimist- today I can walk a lot more than I could yesterday I
mean I can even go to the loo! I even managed to get down the stairs
and went to my local cab office, which was fun- I've used it for years
and they know me in there so as soon as I opened the door it was
"Black Lion?"

"Nope Somerfields?"
"Which one?"
"The one over the road"

I got a very funny look but a job's a job and Del my driver was an
utter sweetheart, I pulled something getting into the car and let out
a yell of pain so he drove me to the supermarket just over the road
and said "What do you want?" so he pulled up right by the cashpoint
and left me to get some money out while he went in and did the
shopping for me. This was only six or so steps so I got some cash out
and leant on a conveninent rubbish bin until he came out and loaded
the car then brought me to right outside the house and carried the
shopping up to the first floor for me.. Yes of course when I did the
maths he has had a huge tip but I don;'t care. No wonder he said to me
tomorrow to call the office and ask for him then he'll pop over to the
shops and get what I want and bring it to me as long as Dave can let
him in, which he can

Dave's being good (I have asked Dunzi if she just intended to get Dave
moving a bit more) through it's funny, the last time I did anything
like this was March 2001 (I was at the funeral of a very close friend
and I was waving goodbye to his mum and forgot we were on a plinth so
I'm going "Bye Mirs P" and then vanished from sight-his mum thanked me
for giving her a laugh when she would least expect one!) well since
then Dave has had physio- so he keeps telling me I put the crutch too
far in front. And it's all coming back to me now....as I say I last
sprained anything (apart from my sanity) in 2001 so yesterday had some
physio teaching me how to use crutches but it is like falling off a
bicycle....today I can remember all sorts of little tricks some of
which would have the physio sobbing...for example, I know full well
when you stand up you shouldn't lean on a crutch but sometimes I have
found the easiest way to get up is to have both crutches in position
but not touching the floor then bring myself half way up from the
chair and insert the crutches under me as it were to take me up to
standing and yes I do take long strides because putting my foot down
hurts so much that I rather do that

Also bless her my boss Bev is being a sweetheart, she;s allocated
urgent work from me to someone else and she just keeps telling me not
to worry about it even through I know we are short staffed. I offered
if she has any work I can do at home to do it since I am starting to
suspect I won't be back until Monday and she'll look into that and
says she'd be grateful if she can find something.

Bad side effect- she's such a nice boss I am feeling very guilty about
two local jobs I have applied for , which are promotions

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 5th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 7:30*am, Lesley wrote:

Richard doesn't think he's a slave- he just says he has cats and he's
the boss and they're just pets and had better know their place

Yeah right! One of his cats cost him a lot of money after some local
morons (sorry thats an insult to morons) airgunned one of his cats so
badly the vet didn't think he would make it and he says it was worth
every penny

He just doesn't know he;s a slave

Old February 5th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Well, for sure he was a friend, knew you quite well.
"Lesley" wrote in message
I was supposed to meet a fellow slave for lunch today so I emailed him
to let him know i wouldn't make it. Just got his reply "I suppose
you'll be placing an ad in the local paper "4 year old black female
cat fully litter trained, genuine reason for getting rid of her. Free
to bad home"

Old February 5th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 7:30*am, Lesley wrote:
I was supposed to meet a fellow slave for lunch today so I emailed him
to let him know i wouldn't make it. Just got his reply "I suppose
you'll be placing an ad in the local paper "4 year old black female
cat fully litter trained, genuine reason for getting rid of her. Free
to bad home"

Richard is in denial about feline slavery, he'll awear blind they're
just animals, just pets, I'm the boss

and he'd probably be so embarassed if anyone ever found out how much
he paid to save one who got seriously airgunned a few years back

Old February 5th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Sorry I repeated myself there

Old February 6th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Limping onwards

Can now just about walk with one stick, which is vital as Dave's back
has now started to play up. Another trip to the Somerfields over the
road by cab but the drivers are all being sweethearts and tonight I
have just managed to cook a little- nothing fancy just something with
pasta, mushrooms, sweetcorn and frankfurters ie one of those "shove it
all in the pan and leave it to boil then add black pepper" meals (I am
hooked on black pepper- never add salt to anything but pass me the
black pepper)

And of course the important thing is I can now bend down to scoop the
litter trays and feed the cats properly. Yesterday feeding time
comprised me throwing a handful of kibble in the general direction of
the bowl. It went everywhere but this is not a problem with two cats
who seem to prefer the stuff that doesn't land in their bowl, that
they have to pounce on indeed I could probably clean my kitchen floor
by coating it in kibble and letting the cats lick it clean!

I've arranged with my boss that I won't go back to work until Monday-
I know that sprains are treacherous beasts and even now while I feel
it's a lot better it could relapse at any time. I have previously not
let a sprain settle properly and then had it relapse three times in as
many months so as I said to her I am going to have some common sense
this time- as I say I do not make a habit of it and let it heal a bit
more before risking the tube again. Has to laugh through without
thinking I asked her to drop an email to Tessa who I am suppossed to
be meeting for lunch on Friday and she was like "What! I am your
social secretary or something?!" apparently she sent Tessa an email
that started "I've been dictated to by my band 4 secretary even
through I am band 7" still she was laughing so I don't think I've
offended her too much (fingers crossed!)

Of course the truly funny bit is Dave who keeps saying how much of a
good time he had Saunday and how he really was looking forward to the
quiz night tonight only now we can't go because of my foot. I am
terribly tempted to say if we went slowly I could make it just to see
how much of his bluff I can call- but as I said common sense again!

Old February 7th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message

[...]

I'm glad you're being careful. Obviously it must be very difficult with
neither of you being able-bodied at the moment.

Joy

Old February 7th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 6, 5:13 pm, "Joy" wrote:

I'm glad you're being careful. Obviously it must be very difficult with
neither of you being able-bodied at the moment.

Thanks

We're muddling through- Dave can do a lot more than he used to be able
to. (Note to self: Where are the district nurses? 3 weeks today since
we last saw one not that I particularly want to see one! As I can't
take the bin bags downstairs at the moment they are sealed and waiting
for me move them probably tomorrow and some of those district nurses
look at you like you're s**t if there's a trace of rubbish in the
flat. ) and there are such little blessings as the fact on Sunday
mornings my first job is to empty the litter trays and wash one of
them out as well as give the food and water dishes a big scrub (they
get emptied and rinsed daily but on a Sunday they get scrubbed)- how
international jet setters must envy my lifestyle! So we don't have too
much of a problem especially as I can now bend down enough to scoop.
and the flat isn't too bad- obviously major projects such as washing
the kitchen floor will have to wait but the routine stuff I can do
(Yes one side effect of this whole horrible mess is whilst I haven't
yet turned into (nor have any intentions to turn into) a Stepford wife
I'm actually starting to get kind of better at the housework)

We're doing teamwork I managed with the help of a friendly cab driver
to get some rations in and between us we unpacked them and later on
we'll manage to cook dinner

I am at the most dangerous part of a sprain. My foot only aches
slightly and as long as I have a shoe on I can walk (slowly and
carefully) without a crutch and I am not even taking pain killers (I
am not keen on taking them anyway). Yep definitely on the road to
recovery so this is where I must not get overconfident and pull any
stunts (for example it's games night and I am in a good one at the
moment but whilst I am pretty sure I could get a cab there etc. I
would have to walk over cobblestones to get in so I have had to give
it a miss- I am not happy right this second!) they'll only make things
worse

So for the moment I am living a very sedate life- it's just so
annoying!

Old February 7th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Feb 6, 5:13 pm, "Joy" wrote:

[...]

Yes, it's obviously very frustrating to have to be careful when you feel as
though you could do anything. You're smart not to walk on cobblestones,
though. It would be too easy to twist it and cause a huge setback. I hope
you're completely healed by next games night.

Joy

Old February 7th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 7, 10:53*am, "Joy" wrote:
. *I hope
you're completely healed by next games night.

That's next Thursday by then I expect to still have to be careful but
a lot less careful. i will make work on Monday but I will be making
very sure to have enough money on me for a cab if needs be!