Spider chases laser pointer (don't look Tweed :))

Old July 16th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Spider chases laser pointer (don't look Tweed :))

This was a link on the same page as the cat-training video. It's kind
of amazing - I had no idea a spider would do this.

It's only 32 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vja83KLQXZs

Joyce
Old July 16th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
This was a link on the same page as the cat-training video. It's kind
of amazing - I had no idea a spider would do this.

It's only 32 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vja83KLQXZs

This looks like it's the same URL as the training video, and I didn't
see the spider clip - although I think I've seen it before.

Anyway, Norton's Bengals the cutest things.

Old July 16th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Takayuki wrote:
wrote:
This was a link on the same page as the cat-training video. It's kind
of amazing - I had no idea a spider would do this.

It's only 32 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vja83KLQXZs

This looks like it's the same URL as the training video, and I didn't
see the spider clip - although I think I've seen it before.

I got the same result, Tak.

Old July 16th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gennie

On Jul 16, 4:19 am, Takayuki wrote:
wrote:
This was a link on the same page as the cat-training video. It's kind
of amazing - I had no idea a spider would do this.

It's only 32 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vja83KLQXZs

This looks like it's the same URL as the training video, and I didn't
see the spider clip - although I think I've seen it before.

Anyway, Norton's Bengals the cutest things.

Richard's Bengal vids are among my favorite on You Tube! It's fun to
watch the bittiies growing up!

Gennie

Old July 16th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gennie

On Jul 16, 8:59 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
wrote:
This was a link on the same page as the cat-training video. It's kind
of amazing - I had no idea a spider would do this.

It's only 32 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vja83KLQXZs

This looks like it's the same URL as the training video, and I didn't
see the spider clip - although I think I've seen it before.

I got the same result, Tak.

Here's the Spider & Laser vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fag01d6Pw

Gennie

Old July 16th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Takayuki wrote:
wrote:
This was a link on the same page as the cat-training video. It's
kind of amazing - I had no idea a spider would do this.

It's only 32 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vja83KLQXZs

This looks like it's the same URL as the training video, and I
didn't see the spider clip - although I think I've seen it before.

I got the same result, Tak.

Here's the Spider & Laser vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fag01d6Pw

Gennie

That wasn't terribly exciting Looked like after a few seconds the spider
just wanted to get the hell away from that bright red light!

Old July 16th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

Gennie wrote:

Here's the Spider & Laser vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fag01d6Pw

That wasn't terribly exciting Looked like after a few seconds the spider
just wanted to get the hell away from that bright red light!

shrug Whatever. I thought it was pretty cool that a spider would chase
a laser light.

Sorry for posting the wrong link! The link to the spider video was on
the same page as the Norton cat-training one (I didn't realize he was
famous, btw), and I just captured the wrong one.

Joyce
Old July 16th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jul 16, 12:06 pm, wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Gennie wrote:

Here's the Spider & Laser vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fag01d6Pw

That wasn't terribly exciting Looked like after a few seconds the spider
just wanted to get the hell away from that bright red light!

shrug Whatever. I thought it was pretty cool that a spider would chase
a laser light.

Sorry for posting the wrong link! The link to the spider video was on
the same page as the Norton cat-training one (I didn't realize he was
famous, btw), and I just captured the wrong one.

Joyce

I've always been wary of those types of spiders (we call them wolf
spiders). They can jump, and are nearly fearless. I watched one jump
on, drag down, and kill a hornet the other day. I guess there is
something nice to be said for them after all, but... I still am not
wild about them.

Hubby thought it was kinda cool, though the video kept 'freezing up',
and needing a restart (I think it's a problem on my end). Some
Youtube vids work just fine, and others don't work at all.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old July 16th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

I've always been wary of those types of spiders (we call them wolf
spiders). They can jump, and are nearly fearless. I watched one jump
on, drag down, and kill a hornet the other day. I guess there is
something nice to be said for them after all, but... I still am not
wild about them.

The little blurb on the video page (written by the person who put
the video on the site) said it was called a "hunting" spider. (Maybe
they meant a huntsman spider - but isn't that kind of like a daddy
long legs, and not actually a spider?)

It didn't look all that big in the video, but I know that wolf spiders
are huge. That one looked like the typical "brown spider" that you see
all the time on the ceiling in houses in California. They're maybe an
inch across, *including* the legs. They're big compared to the tiny
spiders I used to see in Massachusetts, but pretty small next to a
wolf spider, which I would not want to see on my ceiling! (But I'll
bet my BRAVE AND FIERCE* Licky boy would.)

Joyce

*(Did you see that, KFC?)