Addeding a litterbox seems to have solved pee problem

Old July 1st 04, 04:04 PM
beth

Default Addeding a litterbox seems to have solved pee problem

I posted a while back about Tycho (18) and Ginger (11) peeing outside
their boxes on occasion. We have 2 litterboxes in our office room on
the upstairs level of the house. The inappropriate pee was in that
same room, and also in our living room downstairs. I finally caved in
and put a litterbox in the laundry room, which is on the same level
as the living room. I put it in the closet, and just leave the door
open.

Well, it has now been about 3 weeks with no pee accidents. I hate to
jinx myself, but they both seem to love using this downstairs box.
Maybe Tycho resented having to walk upstairs all the time, so he peed
outside the box to make a statement? Who knows... but maybe this info
could help someone here.

Beth
Old July 1st 04, 04:49 PM
Karen

"beth" wrote in message
m...
I posted a while back about Tycho (18) and Ginger (11) peeing outside
their boxes on occasion. We have 2 litterboxes in our office room on
the upstairs level of the house. The inappropriate pee was in that
same room, and also in our living room downstairs. I finally caved in
and put a litterbox in the laundry room, which is on the same level
as the living room. I put it in the closet, and just leave the door
open.

Well, it has now been about 3 weeks with no pee accidents. I hate to
jinx myself, but they both seem to love using this downstairs box.
Maybe Tycho resented having to walk upstairs all the time, so he peed
outside the box to make a statement? Who knows... but maybe this info
could help someone here.

Beth

At 18, I wouldn't be surprised. Glad you caved

Old July 1st 04, 11:58 PM
Gail

There should be a litter box on every level of a house. As cats age, also,
they are less inclined to walk far to the box. Glad everything is OK.
Gail

Old July 2nd 04, 06:40 PM
Barb

That's very informative. I've been thinking that as my older ones get older
an upstairs litter box just may be the way to go, They are 14,13 and 1.
So far they are okay that way.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,