Louise

Old August 24th 03, 01:20 PM
Jill McQuown

Default Louise

wrote:
Over the past two weeks, I've fostered a wonderful cat named Louise.
She's a year or so old, black and white tuxedo, with short, neat,
satin-smooth fur - and she's the sweetest kitty I've met in a long
time. She comes when called, she loves being petted, and is very
cuddly and affectionate. Sometimes she'd sleep on my upper back when
I lay on my stomach in bed, with her head resting on my shoulder,
purring in my ear. She's also playful and cute. Well, today she got
adopted at the mobile. Her new human seems like a very nice woman,
caring, attentive, a cat-lover. Just the kind of person I hoped would
adopt Louise - someone who can really appreciate what a special cat
she is and give her the attention
she needs. So, a happy ending for Lousie and her new human!

But I shed a tear when the woman left with Louise in the cat carrier.
Over the two weeks I had her, I got quite attached to her, and I toyed
with the idea of adopting her myself. But I knew it was a bad idea -
I'm only supposed to have two cats in my apartment, and if I ever had
to move in a hurry, having 3 cats would probably make it even more
difficult than having two. Someday, when I own my own home, I'll have
as many cats as I want, but for now, I have two of my own, and enjoy
the company of temporary fosters. It's just that some of those
fosters are harder to let go of than others. The two orange kittens I
had last month were absolutely adorable, but I didn't find it
difficult to let them go. Maybe that was because it was also a relief
- the little hellions were tearing up my apartment! Louise was so
well-behaved, never caused any trouble. I'll miss her sniff

Anyway, I came home today with two black kittens from the mobile -
their regular fosterer never showed up to pick them up! They're shy
and skittish, but cute. I think they'll come out of their shells soon
- I was playing with them today, and they were pretty responsive. But
as soon as I tried to touch them, they ran away. So this time I have
some socializing work to do!

Joyce & the revolving cat menagerie

I don't know how you do it. I'd get so attached I wouldn't be able to let
any of them go.

I'm glad Louise found a good cat-mom. That's the important thing. But I
still don't know how you do it.

Jill

Old August 24th 03, 02:59 PM
polonca12000

Hugs! It is so hard to let them go, even to purrfect homes.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

wrote in message
Over the past two weeks, I've fostered a wonderful cat named Louise.

snip

Old August 24th 03, 07:28 PM
CAROL HUTCHINNGS

I know what you mean about the desire to have a lot of cats! We now have
four;Buzz Cat,Annie, Paddy & Muppet. The last two I am sneaking in the back
door so to speak, as my partner isn't so keen. It's not that we don't have
the room. 2acres of ground and fields & woods to explore are a cat's heaven.
It's just that he thinks enough is enough.
Good luck with the fostering!
Carol & the Furry Mob

Old August 25th 03, 04:14 AM

Steve Touchstone wrote:

Sounds like the two black kitties have found a new foster home. Good
luck with them, and hope they also find that onetruehome

Yeah - so do I!! Do you know what those little spawns of the devil did?
They *peed on my bed*! I had to wash all my bedding today, and while I
was out and the bedding was drying on the line, they peed on the egg-crate
foam stuff that I have on top of my mattress to make it softer. grrr
Boy cats! (Well, it's true. I've never had a girl cat do this stuff. Plus,
boy cat pee smells much worse.)

I have a very large cage in my basement that I'm going to bring up for
them. I'm sorry to have to do it, but the kittens are small and the cage
is big, so I don't think it'll be too bad for them. And I can't let them
ruin my bedroom.

From now on, it's adult cats only!!!

Joyce - who swears that the Creator made kittens so incredibly cute so
we wouldn't kill them!