Lots to do

Old June 27th 05, 07:11 AM
jmcquown

Default Lots to do

Most if not all of you know, I lost my job in April, 2004. Shortly
thereafter, as a former military dependent and USAA member I discovered I
could take out a short term medical insurance policy. I did so. It's got a
$500 deductible and 80/20 coverage for hospitalization, surgery, etc. It
was supposed to be available for a period of 9 months, sort of an
out-of-work transition option without paying excessive COBRA continuation
premiums. Obviously it's been longer than 9 months but I checked and they
deducted my premium again at the beginning of June. So on the to-do list
tomorrow is to contact them via USAA. If the policy isn't in force, stop
charging me for it!! If it is, sorry but I'm going to have to use it.

I've been having pains in my left shoulder and neck for a long while but I
attributed it to not sleeping comfortably. In fact, there were some times I
could position the pillow just *so* under my left shoulder and not feel a
twinge. Unfortunately, I'm now experiencing this pain radiating from my
shoulder down my left arm and it's been pretty constant for the last few
days. Not sharp, just always there. Sometimes it's a really nagging ache.
Even when it's not, I'm now always aware it's there. It's not just a "oh I
slept funny" thing anymore. So I need to go to the doctor; I know I do.
But I also need to know my insurance is still good to pay for at least a
portion of the doctor bill and whatever tests they may want me to undergo.
We all know how medical stuff can add up... *sigh*

Among other things, I have a history of pleurosy ("blue roses" for any
Tennessee Williams fans out there). Looks like I'm in for a fun summer
along with everyone else!

Where's Persia... I need a soft kitty to hug

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old June 27th 05, 07:14 AM

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Purrs that you have something very simple, and very treatable.
I know what pleurisy is, but I don't understand the Tennessee Williams
"blue roses" thing?.

Old June 27th 05, 07:21 AM
pmendhall

"jmcquown" wrote in message
twinge. Unfortunately, I'm now experiencing this pain radiating from my
shoulder down my left arm and it's been pretty constant for the last few
days. Not sharp, just always there. Sometimes it's a really nagging

ache.

Jill, I don't want to alarm you, but please get to the ER soonest. This
sounds similar to the heart problems my dad suffered with. He never had the
classic symptoms, or didn't tell us if he did, but he did have at least one
heart attack prior to the one a year ago November.

I am concerned about you. I know that hospital bills are no fun, especially
if you don't have a job. However, hospitals can and will treat you for your
problems and will arrange payment. Some even write off part of the bill.

Please get this checked as soon as possible.

Very worried.

Diane

Old June 27th 05, 07:54 AM
jmcquown

pmendhall wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you. I will. I know it's not going to go away and needs to be
checked. I'll be going tomorrow. After I check with USAA about my
insurance, I'm going to call my regular doctor to ask about a referral but
if I can't get through I'll just drive myself to Baptist Hospital East and
check myself in through the ER. I'll be sure to take a book or two with me

I don't know what might happen if I need to be kept over night or several
days, though. What about Persia and Peaches? My brother Scott has a key to
my place but he's so terribly busy I have no idea if he'd be willing to come
tend to my pets. The one time I asked him to take care of them he said he
could take my bird but not my cat. Of course I got upset about that and
boarded both of them instead. So I can't say I could count on him to take
care of my babies!

I don't trust my brother Paul with this job, either, because when he was
taking care of my little dog Sampson and my parakeets on weekends when I was
away he simply didn't show up. The birds were not that much of a problem
because they had large seed cups and fresh water spouts. My poor Sammy dog
was *not* doing a happy dance when I got back home, he was doing a "I've
held it as long as I can!" dance. (sigh)

Oh man, pets are wonderful but they also present problems, don't they?

Jill

Old June 27th 05, 08:10 AM
pmendhall

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
days, though. What about Persia and Peaches?

Jill,

I've forgotten where you live. Maybe there is someone near you who could
feed Pearl and Peaches while you are away. I think I'm getting your
location mixed up with Pat's. I know it is worrisome, but it would be more
so if you weren't to come back. Please take care and let us know how you
are as soon as you can.

Diane

Old June 27th 05, 08:31 AM
jmcquown

pmendhall wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
days, though. What about Persia and Peaches?

Jill,

I've forgotten where you live. Maybe there is someone near you who
could feed Pearl and Peaches while you are away. I think I'm getting
your location mixed up with Pat's. I know it is worrisome, but it
would be more so if you weren't to come back. Please take care and
let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Diane

I'm in west Tennessee, outside of Memphis. I was thinking, if I go to the
doctor (it's not like I'm dying yet) if they want me to check in I could
return home and take Persia and Peaches to the vet. They take good care of
them. Then I could go back and check in.

Jill

Old June 27th 05, 12:25 PM
Victor Martinez

Lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 27th 05, 12:56 PM
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:11:40 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Please do go to the doctor soon. This sounds very much like angina.
If it is, indeed, angina, catching it before it becomes a full-blown
heart attack will both be better for your health and also possibly
reduce the amount of medical intervention (and thus expense) required.
Incidentally, my typical angina symptoms include pain in the right
side of my jaw.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old June 27th 05, 02:45 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:11:40 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Why Laura Wingfield! Where have you been keeping yourself??

("Glass Menagerie" is currently on Broadway )

Aw Jill, what an assortment of PITAs. Purrs for courage and strength,
and so that shoulder thing just goes away!

Theresa