Guest Cat & Kitten

Old August 9th 04, 07:14 PM
Jo Firey

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
"Jo Firey" wrote in message

I love small towns. The advantages so outweigh the disadvantages.

Jo

Hee hee. I agree with you today, but not always - for instance, when
we have to travel over 100 miles and to another state to get to the
closest PetsMart.

Internet shopping is a wonderful thing. :-)

At least we only have to go about 30 miles. All the other small towns
around come here since we started growing and got a WalMart.

But we still just head for the pet department of the feed store for the pet
stuff. (And we still have feed stores)

Jo

Old August 9th 04, 09:14 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

LOL wrote:

Hee hee. I agree with you today, but not always - for instance, when
we have to travel over 100 miles and to another state to get to the
closest PetsMart.

Gee, and I though traveling from North Hollywood to Pasadena was a long
trip, just for pet products! (Fortunately I have other reasons to get
out that way every once in a while, and can usually make a "detour",
then.) They HAD a store in the San Fernando Valley, but it closed a
year or so ago - I can't imagine why!

Old August 10th 04, 09:10 AM
LOL

"Jo Firey" wrote in message ...
"LOL" wrote in message
om...
"Jo Firey" wrote in message

I love small towns. The advantages so outweigh the disadvantages.

Jo

Hee hee. I agree with you today, but not always - for instance, when
we have to travel over 100 miles and to another state to get to the
closest PetsMart.

Internet shopping is a wonderful thing. :-)

At least we only have to go about 30 miles. All the other small towns
around come here since we started growing and got a WalMart.

But we still just head for the pet department of the feed store for the pet
stuff. (And we still have feed stores)

Jo

Heh. We go 30 miles for a WalMart. In fact, the other day I'd picked
up a Readers Digest somewhere, and it happened to have an article
which mentioned a neighboring town. It was described as
"hardscrabble" but the sad fact is, that's where *we* go for a Big
Night Out. :-P

We have a feed store too, but they are also a pet food plant, and I
*know* those guys. No. Just, no. Iams will be fine. ;-)

------
Krista

Old August 10th 04, 02:08 PM
Sherry

Heh. We go 30 miles for a WalMart. In fact, the other day I'd picked
up a Readers Digest somewhere, and it happened to have an article
which mentioned a neighboring town. It was described as
"hardscrabble" but the sad fact is, that's where *we* go for a Big
Night Out. :-P

We have a feed store too, but they are also a pet food plant, and I
*know* those guys. No. Just, no. Iams will be fine. ;-)

------
Krista

Krista, what's the population of your town? You sound like us. It's 20 miles to
the nearest "real" town, and practically all it has for pet food shopping is a
Wal Mart. Petsmart is way over 100 miles round trip. Population about a
thousand probably, but I'd bet the vast majority of them are over 65.

Sherry