Let it snow!

Old February 1st 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Let it snow!

It's just started to snow here in London- coming down pretty heavily.
When Dave saw it he called me to have a look and the cats followed me
into the kitchen.....

They're now sitting on the kitchen windowsill trying to work out how
to catch snowflakes- every minute or so a paw snakes out to try and
grab one but since there's a rather thick pane of glass between the
snow and the cats- I wonder how long it will take them to work out
they can't catch them and get bored of the game

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 1st 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 1, 8:20*am, Lesley wrote:
I wonder how long it will take them to work out
they can't catch them and get bored of the game

5 minutes is the answer but now Redunzel is trying to catch them from
the bedroom window and Sarrasine is trying to catch them from the
living room window!

They are certainly fascinated by it!

Old February 1st 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
It's just started to snow here in London- coming down pretty heavily.
When Dave saw it he called me to have a look and the cats followed me
into the kitchen.....

They're now sitting on the kitchen windowsill trying to work out how
to catch snowflakes- every minute or so a paw snakes out to try and
grab one but since there's a rather thick pane of glass between the
snow and the cats- I wonder how long it will take them to work out
they can't catch them and get bored of the game

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

We've had snow flurries on and off all day here in Eastern parts. It's
*Atrocious* out there must be all of 2mm out there, and the news is saying
how *horrendous* this extreme weather is, and how the UK is going to grind
to a halt..Newsflash! Snow in Winter makes it cold, shocker! ;-) Some of us
are of an age where can remember real winters such as those in the 1960s...
I have, however, made sure The Laydeez have plenty of deep straw in the
henhouse to snuggle down into, and that the birdfeeders are topped up with
plenty of seeds & nuts, plus made sure they've had the chance to feast
today, to keep their body temps up overnight, should we get the truly bad
weather arrive. We're out of heating oil, so there's a fire in the grate and
the felines are warming suitably. I do, however, have to keep an eye on
Francis as he sits so close to the fire he starts to smoulder...silly cat!
Dinner this evening is a real old-fashioned winter warmer. I've got sausages
sizzling, and I've got bubble & squeak in the pan, using up the left over
veg from yesterday's roast. Plus lots of the lovely gravy from the roast
too... So humans, felines & hens of Chez Wafflycat should be fine tonight.

Old February 1st 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Lesley" wrote in message
It's just started to snow here in London- coming down pretty heavily.
When Dave saw it he called me to have a look and the cats followed me
into the kitchen.....

They're now sitting on the kitchen windowsill trying to work out how
to catch snowflakes- every minute or so a paw snakes out to try and
grab one but since there's a rather thick pane of glass between the
snow and the cats- I wonder how long it will take them to work out
they can't catch them and get bored of the game

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Reminds me of Weeble's first snowfall. He was about 4 months old, and I
was reading, laying on the bed. He was on the front bedroom "window seat"
and I heard a pat, patpatpat, pat, patpatpat... I looked and he was up
reaching as high as he could, smacking at snowflakes as they drifted past
him, outside the glass. I chuckled and went back to my book. He quickly
realized that he couldn't catch them, and hasn't really bothered with them
in the 5 years since.

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old February 1st 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
It's just started to snow here in London- coming down pretty heavily.
When Dave saw it he called me to have a look and the cats followed me
into the kitchen.....

They're now sitting on the kitchen windowsill trying to work out how
to catch snowflakes- every minute or so a paw snakes out to try and
grab one but since there's a rather thick pane of glass between the
snow and the cats- I wonder how long it will take them to work out
they can't catch them and get bored of the game

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Off topic a little but how are you and Dave doing Lesley

Oh Ps would you believe we had sleet and ice in FLORIDA the sunshine
state

Old February 1st 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 1, 11:06*am, "Matthew"
wrote:

Off topic *a little *but how are you and Dave doing Lesley

We're okay- Dave has been told that when he gets his toenails cut
("He;s a valley girl!"- Zappa fans will get that!) he can go into
these sock things which will mean he can get back into shoes (good
news because at the moment he doesn't like to go out due to wearing
open toed sandals in this weather!) and the dreaded district nurses
will only visit once a month. Of course as they took so long to order
the sock things we have a sneaking feeling they will now be too
small.....the district nurses don't like to lose their "customers"!

His toenail cutting session is a week tomorrow..there's still a few
problems like he can't use public transport tried once and fell off
the bus so he's lost confidence and I want to ask his physio team to
come back and work on this, they were supposed to do so before they
discharged him anyway!

I am still at the same job but already have an interview lined up for
a postion I fancy the look off- in the same post I got a letter saying
I hadn't met the person specification for another job, odd as it was
identical to my current job! But this other job whilst a little
harder to get to would be a promotion.

The cats (I know you only asked about us to ask after them) are fine.
Sarrasine got so miserable when she couldn't catch a snowflake that I
had to get the feather onna stick out and she had more success
capturing that and is now asleep on top of the wardrobe whilst
Redunzel is snoring gently from under the radiator in the living room

Old February 1st 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 1, 9:37*am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
I've got sausages
sizzling, and I've got bubble & squeak in the pan, using up the left over
veg from yesterday's roast. Plus lots of the lovely gravy from the roast
too... *

Can I come to dinner? Okay I had sausages earlier and some left over
mash...Hmmm.....I think I just have an idea for supper!

It's okay I'll make my own winter warmer! perhaps with some baked
beans....and an onion in the bubble (I love bubble and squeak!)

Old February 3rd 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

wafflycat wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

I've heard the name, but what is bubble and squesk?
MLB
Old February 3rd 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"MLB" wrote in message

... what is bubble and squeak?

Fried-up leftovers - usually, mashed potato with bacon, cabbage
and onions. So-called because of the sounds made when cooking
it - or, perhaps, because of the gas and noises produced a few
hours after eating it :-)

--
MatSav

Old February 3rd 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

It's just started to snow here in London- coming down pretty heavily.
When Dave saw it he called me to have a look and the cats followed me
into the kitchen.....

Our lot love playing in it - there were little pawprints all around
the house yesterday morning.

But they don't like being out in blizzards. Last night they couldn't
quite tell what the weather was going to be like, and I saw three of
them sitting beside the catflap, each of them waiting for one of the
others to go first. Once one of them had gone out and didn't come
straight back, the others went out too.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Snow Marina Cat anecdotes 5 January 29th 07 05:34 AM
Ot le tit snow let it snow at least frost NMR Cat anecdotes 27 January 10th 06 04:27 PM
Snow Stormin Mormon Cat anecdotes 21 January 28th 05 06:33 AM
No Snow! No Snow! No Snow! Pat Cat anecdotes 9 December 26th 04 03:39 AM
SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!!!SNOW!!!!! Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 27 December 24th 04 06:32 PM