OT New store opened

Old February 12th 09, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default OT New store opened

the acer is a very small computer, probably 6 x 8 and weighs less than 2
pounds, would fit in a regular sized purse, and fully functional, if you
search it it is on net as DH looked at a reconditioned one on ebay and i
think there was one for sale somehwhere, Gramby and i are always planning
something as we are required twice a year to attend meetings for work that
would bore anyone with more than one brain cell, so for me, i try to deaden
my brain cells so i can get through it, Lee
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 10:33 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
and your point is??? Lee"Matthew" wrote
in message

g.com...

New Store Opened

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City, where a
woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance
is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value
of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper
may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to
the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first
floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs.

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign
reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good
Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking
and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help
with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the
sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 131,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on
this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible
to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store

But, Lee, if you didn't see his *last* joke....you have no idea how
much
better this one is! BTW: I do now know what an acer is....seen them
in ads by Dell and HP. You and Granby carry on with entertainment
plans using the "talker", LOL.

Old February 12th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

if i ever find myself single i am going to institute Gramby's motto for
finding a man, it is strict enough that i won't probably find anybody but
the looking will be fun... hopefully DH will last for another 50 years, Lee
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

wrote in message

[...]

raspberry got to give you gals something to hen peck on ;-)

Old February 14th 09, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 12, 12:00*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
the acer is a very small computer, probably 6 x 8 and weighs less than 2
pounds, would fit in a regular sized purse

Sounds interesting in the UK "Acer" make laptops and monitors. Dave
got a 22" Acer monitor the year before last and I liked it so much it
was my Xmas present to myself last year. In fact it's so clear and HD
ready that we watch telly on his-last nigth due to connection problems
he watched the telly using our actual telly....for the 1st time in 6
months

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 15th 09, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

they call this a net book i think, if you google it it will pop up and it is
on the wally site to store com, Lee

Old February 15th 09, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine BA wrote:

I've got an Acer comp as well as an Acer monitor. Have been quite happy
with both, so far...

I had an Acer laptop that worked fine until Caliban spilled half a cup
of tea on it...

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old February 15th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 8:47*pm, Marina wrote:

I had an Acer laptop that worked fine until Caliban spilled half a cup
of tea on it...

Caliban is an expensive hoolikitten!

Old February 15th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 11, 7:13*am, "Matthew"
wrote:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 131,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on
this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible
to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store

In order to counter allegations of sexism the guy who opened the
husband store also opened a wife store with the same 6 floors and the
same condition.

The first floor said "All the women on this floor love sex"

The second floor said "All the women on this floor love sex and have
lots of money"

The third floor said " All the woman on this floor love sex, have lots
of money and like beer"

As for floors 4,5 and 6....no man ever went to them