My cousin's cat

Old February 15th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default My cousin's cat

I will get to the cat part in a while..

It's some time since I was at my cousin Margi's house, maybe a year. I was
there for dinner today.
Since then lots of changes to the house. It was always lovely, but now it
has a new extension to the front and a fantastically better ensuite bedroom
in the roof space, new floors, new pretty well everything. Many bedrooms,
3 ensuites and two extra toilets. I was invited to explore.

I saw a lovely tuxedo girl asleep upstairs, just like KFC when she was
young. She woke up and gave me a prrp so I gave her a scritch. Her name is
Sally.
Over a lovely Sunday lunch when we discussed lots of things, Margi mentioned
Sally. She said that she was a bit worried about her because she sleeps all
the time. Further enquiries from me showed that she is getting little if
any stimulation and is mainly left to her own devices, although is fed well.
I told her to try and find time to play with her more, give her more
attention. The cat is BORED. Her other cat moved out to a neighbour and
they have now taken him to Spain with them.

I am not qw rich as that and my house is not so beautiful but I pay
attention to my two.
I don't know why she has a pet, she has no particular empathy for animals,
like her mother, my aunt whose immediate reaction to my illness was "it's
time now for you to get rid of your cats and poultry."
Like that was an option.
I sort of understand, as I seem to have more of a feeling for animals and
they seem to have more of a feeling for children which I do not have to the
same degree.
You might think this would be a disadvantage for my job. It isn't. It
enables me to act from the head and not from the heart which is usually the
wisest course in the end.

Tweed

Old February 16th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Sounds like your cousin should get another cat to play with Sally. Then
she can happily ignore them both, and they'll still have what they need.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 16th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 15, 7:51*pm, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Might well be the best answer. We have our Missy and she really needs
the other cats (and Bear) for company. But that's not because we
ignore her. It's because she hates human beings. She seems quite happy
but I think she would be miserable with only mere humans for company.

--
Will in New Haven

Old February 16th 09, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

while i do not posess any maternal instincts at all, and in fact am not that
fond of kids, when i encounter them, it is very clear to asses their
personality/issues, so i bet you are excellent at your job, Lee

Old February 17th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Well, they haven't sacked me yet and in July I will have been there 20 years
;-)
Emotional involvement does not help, it can cloud the issue, tbh.

Tweed

Old February 18th 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i ate lunch with a friend, his daughter and the soon to be step mom, she is
a great kid, and i wish he had custody of her all the time, but he doesn't,
it was refreshing to see such a well behaved child, and so bright, but not
enough to wish for one of my own.

her and i got on the subject of the RB, and she asked me what it was, so i
told her a version, then she says... ok, so my cat that went missing is
there? I say probably unless he found other people, then this nine year old
says... so when he does go to the bridge, will he wait for me or the people
who found him... I said, i am not sure but it will get worked out the right
way, after all a cat is involved...

she totally got me,