Abelard To Be Grounded

Old August 28th 04, 06:17 AM
Pat

Default Abelard To Be Grounded

If he shows up, that's it!!!

I can't take his disappearing acts anymore. He left in the middle of the
night last night and I spent about 3 hours searching for him this evening,
worrying half to death.

He ordinarily returns by no later than midnight. Not tonight.

And meowmie cannot sleep.

It's just been too damned hot at night to keep the door shut. Well, at least
tonight if he shows up during the night he'll be able to get in.

I love that cat too much

Old August 28th 04, 06:22 AM
Sherry

If he shows up, that's it!!!

I can't take his disappearing acts anymore. He left in the middle of the
night last night and I spent about 3 hours searching for him this evening,
worrying half to death.

He ordinarily returns by no later than midnight. Not tonight.

And meowmie cannot sleep.

It's just been too damned hot at night to keep the door shut. Well, at least
tonight if he shows up during the night he'll be able to get in.

I love that cat too much

Get-your-furry-butt home purrs going out. Please keep us posted! Hope he
saunters up like nothing's wrong soon, like they seem to do.

Sherry

Old August 28th 04, 06:35 AM
Pat

"Sherry " wrote in message

Get-your-furry-butt home purrs going out. Please keep us posted! Hope he
saunters up like nothing's wrong soon, like they seem to do.

I really get jittery when the moon is full and the sky is clear. They are
too visible out there to the owls, coyotes, cougars and whatnot.

He isn't here yet. It's still too hot to sleep, anyway.

He picks the night when I have some shrimpies for him?!?!?

Old August 28th 04, 07:58 AM
Pat

Just finished third circumambulation of the farm searching for Abelard. Not
a trace.... But I did encounter one of Gloria's dogs, Bandit (3/4 Great
Pyrenees, 1/4 English Setter - the only one of her dogs that isn't
neutered), near the pond where I usually find Abelard.

Bandit was acting strange. He would not approach me. When I spoke to him, he
kept trying to slink away, but he's too obedient to leave when you're
talking to him, so he laid down but would not let me approach him, he would
get up and move farther from me when I tried.

I am suspicious of this dog. When people + cats are around him, he's gentle
enough, but who knows what they do when you aren't looking and they find a
cat. He was in the yard this morning, too, and when he saw me he went
slinking away down the driveway.

Tonight I told Bandit to go home, and he went, but I have a feeling he'll be
back later, maybe hunting for more cats.

Old August 28th 04, 08:13 AM
Melissa Houle

Pat wrote in message

"Sherry " wrote in message

Get-your-furry-butt home purrs going out. Please keep us posted! Hope he
saunters up like nothing's wrong soon, like they seem to do.

I really get jittery when the moon is full and the sky is clear. They are
too visible out there to the owls, coyotes, cougars and whatnot.

He isn't here yet. It's still too hot to sleep, anyway.

He picks the night when I have some shrimpies for him?!?!?

Hope Abelard comes home safe and soon, Pat. They sure love to worry us,
don't they? I still haven't forgotten the time Pan disappeared and spent the
whole day between breakfast and midnight away from home. I was so happy by
the time he came back, that I forgot my anger and anxiety.

Zinnia, a friend's cat, disappeared on me once when I was cat sitting. She
was still a fairly new cat to my friend, and as far as I knew, she could
have run almost anywhere. It turned out that that evil cat was in the
backyard the whole time, watching and listening as I circled and circled,
calling her at intervals for two days. She was one evil pussycat.

Melissa

Old August 28th 04, 08:17 AM
Marina

"Pat" wrote
If he shows up, that's it!!!

Lots of purrs coming for Abelard to come home soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki