Apologies to group, especially Pat

Old July 18th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Apologies to group, especially Pat

Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I cancelled
the message that I sent, but it probably got through to some news providers
anyway.

Just wanted to say sorry for being bitchy, particular to Pat. I hope the
spider bite doesn't cause you too much suffering.

Yowie

Old July 18th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 18, 2007, Yowie wrote:

Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I cancelled
the message that I sent, but it probably got through to some news providers
anyway.

Hmmm... I had read your previous post and agreed with it 100%. I haven't had
much to say in this group for a while, and I've only been involved for about
6 months, but I had already witnessed Pat's behavior and assessed it as
attention-grabbing. I don't read her posts any more, and I usually disregard
threads of posts that she initiates, but this one eventually got my interest.
I am sad for her but not because of any bites she may sustain.

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 18th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 18, 2007, Yowie wrote:

Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I cancelled
the message that I sent, but it probably got through to some news providers
anyway.

Just wanted to say sorry for being bitchy, particular to Pat. I hope the
spider bite doesn't cause you too much suffering.

Yowie

Further to this whole spider issue, why is it that Pat hasn't posted recently
to let folks know she's okay? (Someone spoke to her on the phone and said she
sounded fine.)

That's just selfishl.

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 18th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, Yowie wrote:

Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I
cancelled the message that I sent, but it probably got through to
some news providers anyway.

Hmmm... I had read your previous post and agreed with it 100%. I
haven't had much to say in this group for a while, and I've only been
involved for about 6 months, but I had already witnessed Pat's
behavior and assessed it as attention-grabbing. I don't read her
posts any more, and I usually disregard threads of posts that she
initiates, but this one eventually got my interest. I am sad for her
but not because of any bites she may sustain.

Yeah, attention grabber is my thought. Sorry if it's uncharitable of me but
I have enough problems of my own without worrying about her posting about a
potential health risk then disregarding, any and all advice offered.

This isn't OB Cats but I gave myself a nice home spa treatment last night
Soaked in a nice hot lavender bath, washed and deep conditioned my hair,
exfoliated my skin with a loofah (my dad used to grow loofah gourds because
they looked neat but he had no idea what they were LOL). Then I moisturized
all over and kicked back with a glass of wine and listened to music, then
cuddled up with Persia.

Peaches, my lovebird, was playing with her toys and ringing the bells in her
cage. I'd call out "Peaches!" and she'd chirp back and ring the bells and
hop on the swing. Ahhhhh, what a wonderful evening!

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

jmcquown wrote:

This isn't OB Cats but I gave myself a nice home spa treatment last night
Soaked in a nice hot lavender bath, washed and deep conditioned my hair,
exfoliated my skin with a loofah (my dad used to grow loofah gourds because
they looked neat but he had no idea what they were LOL). Then I moisturized
all over and kicked back with a glass of wine and listened to music, then
cuddled up with Persia.

Peaches, my lovebird, was playing with her toys and ringing the bells in her
cage. I'd call out "Peaches!" and she'd chirp back and ring the bells and
hop on the swing. Ahhhhh, what a wonderful evening!

Sounds lovely. Just what I'd like to do- have one of those baths I have
sometimes where the instruction to Dave is "Use the toilet NOW because you
won't be able to use it for an hour or so". Usually uttered as I'm pulling
out my face pack, special bath smellies etc

And then afterwards a nice cold beer (I think I'm allergic to something in
wine) and a couple of felines to hug up to...Bliss!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Could be the tannin (tannic acid) in some wines that bothers you. I like a
nice cold beer, too! Chilled beer mugs are a must

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 18, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

This isn't OB Cats but I gave myself a nice home spa treatment last night
Soaked in a nice hot lavender bath, washed and deep conditioned my hair,
exfoliated my skin with a loofah (my dad used to grow loofah gourds because
they looked neat but he had no idea what they were LOL). Then I moisturized
all over and kicked back with a glass of wine and listened to music, then
cuddled up with Persia.

That sounds perfect. Except that for me, no spa treatment: I wouldn't do the
hot lavender bath. Not sure I'd condition my hair, either. I might rinse it,
though. No loofahs here, and moisturizing just gunks me up. Other than that,
it's perfect! :-)

I guess what it would boil down to for me is a quick shower, a large Martini,
and a cat head to skritch.

Different boat, same float.

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 18th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, Yowie wrote:

Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I
cancelled the message that I sent, but it probably got through to
some news providers anyway.

Just wanted to say sorry for being bitchy, particular to Pat. I hope
the spider bite doesn't cause you too much suffering.

Yowie

Further to this whole spider issue, why is it that Pat hasn't posted
recently to let folks know she's okay? (Someone spoke to her on the
phone and said she sounded fine.)

That's just selfishl.

More like Shellfish

Grilled lobster tails

Cut the base of the tail away with kitchen shears and cut through the spines
along the tail. Peel back and trim the shell around the meat. Brush the
tail meat with butter and garlic seasoned very lightly with salt & pepper
and a splash of fresh lemon. Over high heat on a charcoal grill, cook the
lobster tails about 3-4 minutes or until the flesh turns opaque. Careful not
to over cook! Gently remove the lobster meat from the shell and cut into
pieces.

Serve chilled on a bed of fresh spinach leaves with (yes, I love these)
chilled mandarine orange slices OR... serve hot stirred into pasta tossed
with a nicely seasoned bechamel sauce with cheese (Fontina is nice) and a
toasted crusty bread. OR, just eat the darn lobster tail meat and say
MMMMMM! Oh, and you might want to save a bit for your cats... or not

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Yowie" wrote in message
Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I cancelled
the message that I sent, but it probably got through to some news
providers anyway.

Just wanted to say sorry for being bitchy, particular to Pat. I hope the
spider bite doesn't cause you too much suffering.

Yowie

I think you actually made some perceptive and important comments. In
particular, this last paragraph from your message: "I don't wish her ill or
hurt, but suspect that the best thing we can do for her is to stop enabling
her to make excuses and duck responsibilty for the problems she has made for
herself. I am trying to say this in a spirit kindness and with an eye to her
future wellbeing."

I also don't wish Pat -- or anyone else -- any ill will. However, she has
posted a long series of messages where she talks about a continuing series
of problems, asks us to buy from her list of items, talks about what she
will (or won't) do for her cats, but then ignores or disputes *every*
suggestion that is made. You are right -- this group has been enabling her.
That does not help anyone; it simply encourages the person to continue with
the same pattern.

MaryL

Old July 18th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:40:47 -0500, MaryL wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I have wondered for quite sometime if she was "for real" MLB